Damage at January meet-up

1jester

Did anyone have any damage at the R.T. O'Sullivan's meet-up. I went straight home and garaged my car. I went out this morning and noticed some key-type scratches and paint cracks, (as though the rear bumper was kicked hard. There wasn't enough force to crack the rear panel, but enough to screw up the paint. I didn't have the car anywhere else and it was washed recently and nothing was noticed during the wash. I'd be curious if others had a problem. Mike

p.s. know a good paint shop?

Sorry to hear about it happening.

I have not personally check my Vette as of yet, but will definitly let you know if there is.

As for paint, contact Joe at Classic Gold in Tempe. He is a forum member here, sloryde.

:o That's not good Mike, we were parked right next to you, just looked ours over, only found dirt, needs a bubble bath! Sorry to hear that, why would someone do that, IDIOTS! :banghead :mad:

Mine appears fine, though I haven't washed it yet and it had been rained on... Sucks about your car though.

Checked the pics, doesn't look like anyone parked behind your cars...at the time of the pics.

None the less, sorry to hear of your car getting damaged.

Robert and Elizabeth

Ours is ok, no damage noted. So sorry to hear about that Mike. Wow, this is an absolute first that I have ever heard of. Bastages!

Maybe you pissed off someone on the way there and they followed you?

Just a thought.

That's a thought. I did eat a fastback Mustang about a half mile from there. I didn't see him when we pulled in, but then I was just looking for our gang and doing the usual b.s.'ing around the cars before going in. Michael's collision on Cave Creek says 900.00 to remove the rear( so theres no tape marks), fix, clear coat and blend. I'll call the guy in Tempe next and take it down next week .

It seems about $500 was typical/average for a re-paint on the rear (and front) fascia's.

maybe it's why they call it torch red.. it torches your wallet.

Hi Mike,

Here's just a thought. Do you still have the macho male items hanging from the rear of your car? I know that some people (usually with children) don't appreciate the humor in it and maybe they went "nuts" when they saw it.

Hi Mike,

Here's just a thought. Do you still have the macho male items hanging from the rear of your car? I know that some people (usually with children) don't appreciate the humor in it and maybe they went "nuts" when they saw it.

Would that be ironic or what??? They don't like the male appendage hanging so they demonstrate to their kids how to commit criminal damage. That's today's parenting for ya! :rolleyes

Hi Mike,

No, I was castrated several months ago. (the care, that is!) I took them off last summer. You are right. I had the majority of people give the thumbs up and enjoy the laughter of a car with "balls" but occasionally I would see a scowl.

Hi Mike,

No, I was castrated several months ago. (the car, that is!) I took them off last summer. You are right. I had the majority of people give the thumbs up and enjoy the laughter of a car with "balls" but occasionally I would see a scowl.

Hi Mike,

No, I was castrated several months ago. (the care, that is!) I took them off last summer. You are right. I had the majority of people give the thumbs up and enjoy the laughter of a car with "balls" but occasionally I would see a scowl.

Maybe someone got pissed that theirs wasn't as big as the ones on the car :lol