September 17 - Cruise to Show Low - Johnny Angels

BSeery

We will be cruising to Pinetop / Show Low Arizona for lunch at Johnny Angles. Those that went last year absolutely loved the drive so we are doing it again. We leave from the Arizona Mills and drive through Superior, Miami, Globe and then up the Salt River Canyon to Show Low. Lunch in Pine top at a 50's themed diner called Johnny Angles and then a cruise back home. Last year the return route went through Heber, over to Payson and back through Fountain Hills. Maybe supper could be at the Split Window Diner ????

RSVP and post here if you have any questions.

We will meet at Krispy Kreme at the Arizona Mills Mall at 8:00 a.m. and leave by 8:30.

Last year we had a great time and the cruise from Gold Canyon all the way through Globe and the Salt River Canyon and back home through Heber and Payson the road was very scenic and full of twisty sections for some fun.

Hope to see a big crowd like we did in 2004.

--------------------

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• Togo

• Eddie44

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im definitely looking forward to this, however, Im down to the cords on my backs so I gotta order some new tires on the 1st of Sept before I can even think about going on the 17th. should be fun driving after that. Woohoo! Ill have traction again!

Guest racingchester

There is a guy I work with that belongs to a Mustang club. Put out the word to join us or no on the 17th???

Im definitely looking forward to this, however, Im down to the cords on my backs so I gotta order some new tires on the 1st of Sept before I can even think about going on the 17th. should be fun driving after that. Woohoo! Ill have traction again!

By Mark's "Abe Lincoln" post today it looks like you've got him working on the bald tire problem. Does that mean you'll be joining us? :toetap

There is a guy I work with that belongs to a Mustang club. Put out the word to join us or no on the 17th???

Why not - doesn't look like too many others are planning on the run.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yep, ordered two new front tires lastnightl Should be here this week sometime. So, I do plan to attend the SHowLow cruise. WOOHOO! With new meats!

YAHOOO!!!!

I didn't see Mark's post until I read this. He kills me!

T

Guest racingchester

Im planning on it so count me in. I will let the STANG guy know about it and maybe he might be able to round up a few ponys!!

dangit, i wanna go, but still got no brakes and my damn brake booster was ordered over 2 weeks ago and still no show!

if it gets here soon enough, i'll get it changed, if it doesn't, i could use some help - like i mentioned before, i didn't change my last one, i had canyon do it! :leaving

Once again I'm on the iffy list...

Sam has an ACT test we need to get her to, if I can figure out how to sneak away, I want to go...

I'm going to try, just to get away from the damn Railroad... :mad

OK, I think I'll be able to met you in Pinetop, and have a few of the locals there, then Ill leave to that ever looming class reunion. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you in person.

I'll remind Glenn and have him post whether or not he'd like to go. I think he and Caitlin had a really good time last year. She's the only kid I know that can calmly play her Gameboy and not be phased at breaking 100 mph. :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5
I'll remind Glenn and have him post whether or not he'd like to go. I think he and Caitlin had a really good time last year. She's the only kid I know that can calmly play her Gameboy and not be phased at breaking 100 mph. :burnout

Awww, she's my kind of kid. I think Caitlin is awesome and you are raising a very cool, happy, and down to Earth gal there Sandy. She is welcome to hang out with me anytime! However, she will have to stay away from the dishwasher. :D (coudn't resist)

Tanya

Hey this cruise is right up my ally!

I can join one of two ways.... I get off of work saturday morning at 7am in Casa Grande. I can either join you guys at the AZ Mills mall and follow you to the globe area, in which I will need 5 min to swing by home and pick up my wife (otherwise she'll kill me) then we can head out to payson / show low..

Or

Option #2

I just go straight home from work, and meet you guys in Globe and join you there. And go from globe to show low.

I would rather do option #1 , but its gonna require a 5 min pitstop.

:)

Hey this cruise is right up my ally!

I can join one of two ways.... I get off of work saturday morning at 7am in Casa Grande. I can either join you guys at the AZ Mills mall and follow you to the globe area, in which I will need 5 min to swing by home and pick up my wife (otherwise she'll kill me) then we can head out to payson / show low..

Or

Option #2

I just go straight home from work, and meet you guys in Globe and join you there. And go from globe to show low.

I would rather do option #1 , but its gonna require a 5 min pitstop.

No problem. We will be doing a stop in Superior (at the rest stop on the west side of town) and maybe one at McD's in Globe. Either way you can run ahead, grab her and wait for us to come through town.

Since I'll still be faster than Glenn at that time, and should still have a valid AZ driver's license, I should be able to attend....

Glenn, if you can stand riding shot gun, feel free to tag along.

Since I'll still be faster than Glenn at that time, and should still have a valid AZ driver's license, I should be able to attend....

Glenn, if you can stand riding shot gun, feel free to tag along.

We just got back from having dinner and drinks at the bar he works and said he wasn't going to be able to make the cruise due to work.

Your other brother Dan might want a ride.

Glad to hear that you will be able to make the cruise and that you will still have the license.

3,503 lbs of trouble

The DeLorean cooling system & tune up project is temporarily on hold, so I don't feel it's wise to take the car on such a long trip. I'm looking for a right seat for the cruise. Eddie? Dan? someone? If you've got a right seat open I've got gas money.

(Guess this is where that '02 C5 vert would have come in handy :yesnod )

well i have an "appointment" on friday morning to drive up to miami to see 92ZRIWannabe's mechanic for my brake booster install - providing this goes off without a hitch - I'm in!

well i have an "appointment" on friday morning to drive up to miami to see 92ZRIWannabe's mechanic for my brake booster install - providing this goes off without a hitch - I'm in!

Should go smooth.....

Ill meet you guys at Azmills sat morning for my first ever ACE event !!

Chris,

You could just stay up there and we'll slow down so you can catch up as we go by and if by chance it isn't done, we'll :howdy

(PS - don't forget the sunblock!!)

Dan,

Sorry but the Mrs is going on this one or you know you'd be more than welcome. Maybe your brother Dan can get this one. I think he'll have brakes this time :eek

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dan,

Sorry but the Mrs is going on this one or you know you'd be more than welcome.

I totally understand. :thumbs

I shall be there and have an open seat. Just let me know if you want to ride with 1EVILC5.

Phil... :devil

hey Dan - i highly recommend this ride - take him up on it!

i rode with glenn when he and phil did a few jaunts around the neighborhood by bryans house - glenns car was exhillerating - but phil kept pulling away - so i trust you will definitely enjoy this ride!