September 3rd - Corvette Saturday lunch

BSeery

I agree that it really sucks.

If people are out of town, that's understandable.

But if they are in town and just don't want to show or wash their car well then that's a different deal. :cuss

I really, Really, REALLY wanted to go. I haven't been to the Pavilions in months and I love going to YC's. I am having a Vette deficiency since the last group of them I saw was at the 4th of July.

But, then someone has to go to Denver and pick up my Vega, so that put a change in my plans.

Y'all better be there on the 17th !!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Togo

• BSeery

• 1EvilC5

I agree that it really sucks.

If people are out of town, that's understandable.

But if they are in town and just don't want to show or wash their car well then that's a different deal. :cuss

I really, Really, REALLY wanted to go. I haven't been to the Pavilions in months and I love going to YC's. I am having a Vette deficiency since the last group of them I saw was at the 4th of July.

But, then someone has to go to Denver and pick up my Vega, so that put a change in my plans.

Y'all better be there on the 17th !!!!

:withstupid

3,503 lbs of trouble

Let's all plan to do the YC's/Pavs thing on another Saturday. It was a great idea!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, firstly, I know Mark and I would most definitely love to attend the meeting on this month. (As we have not missed a meeting yet, unlike several other people.) However, we had forgotten that we had promised to help a friend move on the 2 and 3rd of September.

But regardless of that, it turns out that Mark has weekend duty from 1030 am until 330-430 pm on both Saturday and Sunday, so he would not be able to attend anyway. And we aren't able tohelp our friends move either because of this.

Being that the weekend is a Holiday weekend as well, it would appear that a lot of people had made other plans and just cannot make it. It just ends up not being a feasible weekend is all. It isn't that no one wants to go.

My only gripe is this. If we have 150+ members of ACE, why the hell do the same 8 - 12 people show up to the ACE monthly lunches? Where the hell is everyone else? I love hanging with the 12 and I think we have all become wonderful close friends, but good gosh come on people.

Tanya

Guest racingchester

Being kind of a newbe I have tried to make the events that I can. I have to agree with Tanya - WHERE ARE THE OTHER 135 PEOPLE???????????

it's not that i don't want to wash the car - but i still have NO BRAKES and my truck is STILL NOT DONE!

not to mention the new $3/gallon gas prices (and i usually put in PLUS unleaded so tha's like $3.09 or 3.19 - i really feel for you all that use SUPER!)

i am now looking for transportation of a 2 wheel kind!

and if my brakes aren't working (which i don't know now, unless i can get a group of ya'all to help me with that brake booster) then i may not even make it to the run on the 17th. can't run with the front runners with no brakes! :burnout

Where the hell is everyone else?

I have been missing quite a few events for the last year or so, I have some lousy excuses, Family, bills, work... I really miss doing stuff with you guys and I promise I will be more active in the future.

I do miss the wrenching days, and I don't mean just wrenching on Bryan's stuff either... :willy

Lack of participation has always been a problem, the first poker run was good, the second one wasn't as well attended by members. It's time to get creative.... Maybe have a "Bring another member cruise"???? Mass e-mails don't seem to get very many replies, how about some personal contacting to try to drum up interest???

Please offer some suggestions on how to get the AWOL members to get involved.

It's no big secret that active forum participation is less than 20%!

I'm talking big ones too, CF-Z06Vette-LS1tech-Digital etc!!

And that is just logging in and posting!

I'm sure Bryan can pull the logs for how many different members log in over a given week. Just like a free newspaper, just because they are there doesn't mean they are read!!

Now you are talking about a loose knit group that tries and does put nice events together!! It looks like stuff around holiday weekends tend to breakdown due to family obligations etc. This is understandable and I'm sure once the weather breaks even a little, the tendence to stay home in the A/C or refuse Sat OT because you already 'have plans' will get more of us together!!

I haven't seen anyone except Randy (work related) since Mark and Tanya's party!!

Or was it drag night @ Firebird?? Hell, I don't even remember, it's been so long!! :cuss

I miss all you guys :thumbs:thumbs

Ken

Hope to see everyone on the 17th of September.

It has been a while since I had the opportunity to go for a real cruise. It might have been the Camp Verde BBQ.

I did make the last Corvette Saturday at the Westside Hooters. Great time with the same fun group.

Later and drive same if you are traveling this Holiday weekend.

Phil... :devil

This really sucks!!!

I've been harping on these two guys from down south to come up and meet the ACE group!

One, (Gary) has been to the Split Window before, and I don't believe it's worth the drive to meet me and Dan even if I BUY lunch!!!!

I'll PM them and let them know the BIG Pavillion Labor Day weekend w/ACE group thing has bit the dust!! Maybe later in the year??  -_-  -_-

I'll see you at Split Window, Dan.

I'll probably cruise the Pav's on the way home, just because I'm out!! It's not like I go there often!!  :P

Ken

Ken, It is too bad that this wasn't a go. I was looking forward to coming up.

Maybe the next function will be better? :thumbs

"The Pavilions Car Show is located at the McDonald's at Indian Bend and between Pima Rd and the 101 Freeway. "

I hope to make it to the Pavilions Car Show tomorrow and maybe even have lunch at the Split Window if that is the plan for lunch.

I have never been to the Pavilions, I have never been on any of the streets mentioned either, is it a no brainer what to do once you get to the McDonalds? Are there some signs that Corvettes park here or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

David

To the west of the McDonalds is where all the cars in the car show park. The rows are marked for what cars are to go where. The last row furthest from the McDonalds is a "club" row. Every week a different club (Corvette, Mustang, Pontiac -- etc) get to use that row. The first weekend of the month is the one for the Corvettes, so they get the last row.

The second to the last row is always for Corvettes and Corvettes only.

The third from last row is for any pre 1980 car, which can include Corvettes if there is space available.

3,503 lbs of trouble
So, where is everyone meeting for lunch then ????

I'm planning to be at the Split Window Diner at 2:30 PM. If any other A.C.E. members want to join me, COOL! I think Ken is going to meet me there.

I just didn't want to eat at YC's alone, then have to sit in McDonald's for a few hours 'till cars started showing up for the show. I figued if I'm going to sit around, I might as well do it at the SWD so I can support them and shoot teh shit with Dave & Candace, then drive to the Pavs from there.

So the SWD is where I plan to be. :cheers

Let's do the YC's/Pavs deal another time when more can make it.

3,503 lbs of trouble
OK -- I will see you at the Pavilions. I will be there as long as the weather looks good.

:confused Woa, wait a minute. I thought you were going to be picking up the Vega, and not going to the Pavs???? If you were goingto be at YC's I would have never decided to go to the SWD.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Link to the diner directions?

2:30 PM = late lunch, right?

Either take Shea Blvd. East from Scottsdale into Fountain Hills. At Saguaro Blvd. Make a left (North), or take Highway 87 (The Beeline) from Mesa to Shea Blvd. and turn left onto Shea (West). Drive West on Shea about a mile to Saguaro Blvd. and turn right onto Saguaro (North).

Drive one mile North on Saguaro Blvd. and The Split Window Diner will be on your left (west). There is an island divider in the center of Saguaro, so you will have to pass the Diner 'till the island ends, then make a U turn and backtrack to the Diner's entrance.

http://www.splitwindowdiner.com/

2:30 PM does = late lunch

so what's the deal?

did i miss this already?

i will still have a dirty car, as i have been sick for the past few days - however, i may be going to look at a motorcycle this afternoon, and if i go, i'll be in scottsdale - so i might drop by, where is everyone going to be? and when?

3,503 lbs of trouble
so what's the deal?

did i miss this already?

i will still have a dirty car, as i have been sick for the past few days - however, i may be going to look at a motorcycle this afternoon, and if i go, i'll be in scottsdale - so i might drop by, where is everyone going to be? and when?

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Here's a recap because you didn't read the whole thread:

* The lunch was originally planned for 2:30 PM at the Pav's YC's.

* It appeared EVERYONE (including you) except me backed out, so considering I didn't want to eat at YC's alone, then have to sit in McDonald's for a few hours 'till cars started showing up for the show. I figued if I'm going to sit around, I might as well do it at the SWD so I can support them and shoot teh shit with Dave & Candace, then drive to the Pavs from there. Because the YC's/Pavs deal was such a good idea, I figured let's all plan to do it another time when more can make it.

* Now from the looks of things it appears you are available, and Bryan is NOT going to get the Vega?? So it'a a big cluster F*** of confusion.

I'm planning to be at the Split Window Diner at 2:30 PM. If any other A.C.E. members want to join me, COOL! I know Ken is going to meet me there. Then, we can head to the Pavs. If people end up at YC's and eat together, great! If I were to change my plan at this point it would create an even bigger confusing mess, so The SWD is where I will be at 2:30 PM.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Great!

Never met you though... what color boutonniere? :)

I drive a green 76 C3...

I drive a Stainless Steel '83, but if it still won't start, I will be in my silver '97 T-bird.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guess I shoulda read the thread more... I was there :(

Oh well, Mongollian was good and there was a lone C3 owner there :)

Had a fun afternoon at Split Window!!

Sweet LT4 C3 Dave!!

I'm not one to sit in a parking lot and BS!!

Nice to meet you too Don and your beautiful driver who's name I forgot?? :rolleyes

I'm Sorry!!

Ken