Arizona Power & Sound

Guest beemer2k

Guest matuszynski
All I could find out is that the Ebay seller is located in Tempe, AZ. Maybe contact one of the buyers of his stuff and dumbly ask questions.

The ebayer y2kss50this is Mike from Arizona Power and Sound. I have verified this.

i think we all need to warn all the bidders about this seller.............and to pull off an O.J. style sting....... :hunter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• jstrutt

• Eddie44

• sandbaggersteve

That 300 was at the bbq mike had in the spring....

If you look at Mikes story all he said.... 'I grabbed what I could in one day which was nothing more then tools and went home.'

This looks like a lot more than just tools.

G

guys, you guys ever see a black NOS 300M that hangs out at azps? thank you.

I don't know the guys, but I do know two black 300s from the boards that had their cars there, the nitrous'd one at the bbq was 'HalV48', and the one awaiting a Katech stroker was 'bigredone' over on 300Cforum.com, but you might have better luck on LXforums.com.

Anyone seen Quiktrip? :smilelol

He PMed me and he was pissed. I really wanted the xpipe if it would have been a drop in replacement for the resonator,but it wasn't I guess.

"I saw what you did on Ace... shows some real class considering how ive taken care of you in the past. Theres 3 sides to every story, but thanks to you and a few others ive decided none of you are worth me even posting on there what happened. "

:eek Robert :burnout

Robert, sound like an "easy way out" to me. ..."shows some real class considering how ive taken care of you in the past. Theres 3 sides to every story, but thanks to you and a few others ive decided none of you are worth me even posting on there what happened." Please do tell "considering how you are treating some now".:unsure

Guest beemer2k

I wonder if one of those 3 sides includes mine... according to Mike's recent email to me:

"Hey Brandon, just so you know, you were the hardest person of all to tell what happened which is why I havent talked to you yet, plus im a bit preoccupied with the landlord and trying to collect from people who owe me. First and foremost, there was nothing fraudulent about anything that happened."

I wonder what more can be said, other than "I took your $40,000, did not spend it on your parts and blew it on other 'expenses' therefore am unable to now order your parts. Oh, and the parts I have ordered & have received have not been paid for. There are a few suckers who still trust that I will pay them."

I think thats how it would sound.

I have been communicating with O'Connor through AZSTREETSCENE.com. PM me if you want the transcript.

sandbaggersteve
It appears that 'steve' on AZStreetscene.com is in full defense of Mr. O'Connor. Very interesting... If any one is interested my staff, attorney & I visited Arizona Power & Sounds former shop to recover my Z06 Corvette. The car is in pieces. We have already figured that well over $10,000 worth of parts are missing & unaccounted for not to mention over $38,000 worth of items on my AZPS invoice.

Also, for additional comfort, some of the items that we were able to recoup appear to be stolen. Namely a set of ET Performance heads that Mr. O'Connor placed in my vehicle. These heads were paid in full from me to AZPS however AZPS never paid the seller of the heads.

Again, I urge anyone with information about Mike O'Connor or Arizona Power and Sound to contact me as soon as possible. My attorney & I have begun the process of requesting criminal charges be filed against Mike O'Connor. We have received a great deal of evidence that Mr. O'Connor had intended to defraud not only myself but other customers.

I'm the 'Steve' you are referring to that is in "Full defense" of Mike or the owner of AZPS and I really don't appreciate you bringing my name onto another forum with something that has nothing to do with me. I merely spoke my opinions of my dealings with mike and AZPS, never once have I said that I condone nor know of anything shady. So please (and I'm being nice about this) leave my name out of your mouth.

Seeing how this is my first post and I come here not trying to start any confrontation I shall explain a bit about myself.

I live in the far west valley, currently own a 06' lancer evolution, 06' GTO, 06' gsxr1k and a 08' Armada and a 1992 mustang GT (currently doing a ls1 swap) on top of the cars I currently own I have owned many ls1 vehicles.

Being said mike has always helped myself and close friends out at anytime and has done things way out of his way to help others. I personally have never once had a bad dealing with Mike nor ever felt I was ripped off in any way, shape or form. I stated what his character is to me, I also stated that if he has truly done something in this nature than he will need to deal with things how they come, I personally think you guys need to give him a minute to breathe and pick up the pieces he has dropped as I'm sure he is crushed that he lost his business.

I have known mike for several years and he has always been a helper and has always dreamed of having his shop and dominating the lsx platform, whether he made bad business decision or not I will never know as I'm stating what dealings I have had with him.

You guys have a nice site here and my next car after the new camaro will be a 08' Silver C6.

Thank you for the space.

thanks to you and a few others ive decided none of you are worth me even posting on there what happened.

That's sad.

I really feel that after all Mike has been through he would have turned to ACE and some of the best customers he had.

But I guess since Brandon is here he felt it better to get mad at ACE instead of facing someone he owes big time...

Guest matuszynski

I don't know the guys, but I do know two black 300s from the boards that had their cars there, the nitrous'd one at the bbq was 'HalV48', and the one awaiting a Katech stroker was 'bigredone' over on 300Cforum.com, but you might have better luck on LXforums.com.

is mike tight with the black NOS 300m? reason that i asked is Fedex & UPS has been doing almost daily stop there the last few weeks from what i been told...........

thanks to you and a few others ive decided none of you are worth me even posting on there what happened.

That's sad.

I really feel that after all Mike has been through he would have turned to ACE and some of the best customers he had.

But I guess since Brandon is here he felt it better to get mad at ACE instead of facing someone he owes big time...

:agree That is so cowardly. I can't imagine doing that to people, then not even offer a reasonable explanation and voice my intentions to try to make things right. He'll get his. People like this usually do.

Guest 1FASTC4
Seeing how this is my first post and I come here not trying to start any confrontation .

Are you sure? Because the text prior to the above sentence seemed pretty confrontational.

The text after was interesting and a good read. I live in Surprise, I'll be looking for that silver C6 one day. :burnout2

is mike tight with the black NOS 300m? reason that i asked is Fedex & UPS has been doing almost daily stop there the last few weeks from what i been told...........

Meaning that...? Is Hal's car still there? Are they his parts being delivered or something? Like I said, I don't know Hal enough to say anything, let alone that he was 'tight' with Mike. Dude did have Mike work on that car alot...he kept breaking halfshafts when he tried to launch on the nitrous at the track, he even had some new-fangled super-strength halfshafts fabbed for Mike to install. $$$

Glad to hear you're OK Quiktrip! I pictured a dark alley meeting set to bad Miami Vice muzak.... :hunter

sandbaggersteve
Seeing how this is my first post and I come here not trying to start any confrontation .

Are you sure? Because the text prior to the above sentence seemed pretty confrontational.

The text after was interesting and a good read. I live in Surprise, I'll be looking for that silver C6 one day. :burnout2

I speak the same tone in person, unlike most I do not have an internet personality. To me asking someone to not bring my name into another forum is not trying to start a confrontation to me, it merely respect for someone you dont know.

I shall soon have a C6, just waiting on the price of the Z06's to drop a little to see where they go in price but more than likely they will be out of my price range.

asking someone to not bring my name into another forum is not trying to start a confrontation to me, it merely respect for someone you dont know.

I shall soon have a C6, just waiting on the price of the Z06's to drop a little to see where they go in price but more than likely they will be out of my price range.

I think Brandon is probably in shock over this, I know losing that amount of money would just about do me in. Don't hold it against him for posting what he did, I'm sure he is in full defense mode right now.

Good luck on the new ride, we have another member here that was watching the new ZO6 prices, let us know how it's going!

sandbaggersteve
asking someone to not bring my name into another forum is not trying to start a confrontation to me, it merely respect for someone you dont know.

I think Brandon is probably in shock over this, I know losing that amount of money would just about do me in. Don't hold it against him for posting what he did, I'm sure he is in full defense mode right now.

Good luck on the new ride, we have another member here that was watching the new ZO6 prices, let us know how it's going!

I could understand his frustrations, I took my car somewhere one time...never again.

Guest LS1_LA_GTO
I know, sounds like I (Mike O'conner) have been plotting for months to do this so I could run off to bermuda and retire with the millions I stole from everyone... In reality I got fu**ed... I got fu**ed by a lot of people real bad in a short period of time to the point where I couldnt recover.

I have been reading all the GTO, azstreetscene, and ACE postings about mike. In my opinion.

Mike wanted to help people. I believe he did.

Mike is a good mechanic.

Mike is a good sales man.

Mike is a nice person.

However mike is a shitty business man. He did not realize the concept of "stealing from peter to pay Paul." He made very VERY bad judgment calls. He made decisions that would have no effect until 6 months later.

I hope folks realize he is not the devil. he is a guy that made stupid business decisions that ended up costing people a lot of money.

my 2 cts

chad

I take exception to this post. I know Mike as well because I was one of the people he screwed. I dealt with him at least once daily for 9 months trying to get him to do the righ thing. He never did and on top of paying him the full invoice amount it took almost another 6,000 dollars to make it right. I don't think Mike is a good mechanic. I myself had to personally walk him through why a pulsed sensor could not be diagnosed with a simple continuity check for example. Mike's so called 'brilliance' in doing these modifications came from people who worked for him. Mike is not a nice person. A nice person doesn't lie to you when you drop off your car and every single day to you until you pick up the car and find out he is not even close to where he should be with it. Basically, he lied to me daily and I do not consider that a person who is nice. The same thing goes to Mike as a salesperson. I had a NOSzle system from NOS to put on my car and Mike just had to have the FAST intake and do the nitrous a different way so he told me the Noszle system leaked under boost. There was no way for him to know that since 6 months later when I picked up the car the engine had never even seen boost. His sales techniques involved lieing and that is not a good salesperson to me.

I take exception to this post. I know Mike as well because I was one of the people he screwed. I dealt with him at least once daily for 9 months trying to get him to do the righ thing. He never did and on top of paying him the full invoice amount it took almost another 6,000 dollars to make it right. I don't think Mike is a good mechanic. I myself had to personally walk him through why a pulsed sensor could not be diagnosed with a simple continuity check for example. Mike's so called 'brilliance' in doing these modifications came from people who worked for him. Mike is not a nice person. A nice person doesn't lie to you when you drop off your car and every single day to you until you pick up the car and find out he is not even close to where he should be with it. Basically, he lied to me daily and I do not consider that a person who is nice. The same thing goes to Mike as a salesperson. I had a NOSzle system from NOS to put on my car and Mike just had to have the FAST intake and do the nitrous a different way so he told me the Noszle system leaked under boost. There was no way for him to know that since 6 months later when I picked up the car the engine had never even seen boost. His sales techniques involved lieing and that is not a good salesperson to me.

Not that I don't agree with you on some of your points but my question is.....you stayed with him for 9 mos pouring good money after bad, why???

I've heard too many stories of folks pouring huge dollars (most of it cash in full) into Mike and it taking months upon months to complete a car. I don't care how good a shop is I don't pay any more than 50% and that would be on a credit card so I could dispute the charge. I also wouldn't wait more than a few weeks for a shop to complete any project. If they took longer than that I'd be finding someone else to do the job. The car wouldn't be sitting in their shop waiting for parts. If they couldn't call me when the parts were there then I'd be at another shop.

I'd have greater compassion for some of you folks if your cars had just gone into Mikes shop a couple of days before he or should I say the landlord shut his doors and I heard you'd given him a credit card as payment.

I had Mike do two jobs for me. One was on my C5 and I traded him a freezer as payment. The second was the exhaust on my C6 and yes I paid him 100% cash but not until the job was done to my satisfaction. Both jobs were done the day I took my car into his shop. Granted they weren't major jobs but I would never leave one of my cars at any shop for months on end with the exception of major body work like my C5 underwent. That only took about 6 wks.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I know, sounds like I (Mike O'conner) have been plotting for months to do this so I could run off to bermuda and retire with the millions I stole from everyone... In reality I got fu**ed... I got fu**ed by a lot of people real bad in a short period of time to the point where I couldnt recover.

I have been reading all the GTO, azstreetscene, and ACE postings about mike. In my opinion.

Mike wanted to help people. I believe he did.

Mike is a good mechanic.

Mike is a good sales man.

Mike is a nice person.

However mike is a shitty business man. He did not realize the concept of "stealing from peter to pay Paul." He made very VERY bad judgment calls. He made decisions that would have no effect until 6 months later.

I hope folks realize he is not the devil. he is a guy that made stupid business decisions that ended up costing people a lot of money.

my 2 cts

chad

Patrick the only one who screwed you was yourself... Why not tell the whole story, or let one of my ex employees tell it, or Nic tell it... they will all say the same. What exactly was the right thing patrick? You had a POS 8 speed automatic that wouldnt read the speedo which is why Nic couldnt tune it. The car sat for approximately 6 months waiting for an outcome on the transmission which was finally fixed by disconnecting it all and having the computer shift it. In that time period we waited and waited... I have over 300 emails from you and your family members including 2 of them who took my side every time on the transmission stating it was a pipe dream for it to work correctly, hence why you are the only GTO in the country with one. As far as extra money, you remember you kept adding things like the FAST intake and TB, you shipped me your nitrous kit to install, we added a built transmission etc... Of course I wont do that stuff for free. Whether or not you think im a good mechanic or not is a moot point... Nor did you EVER give me any advise on checking a sensor because I told you using a meter wont solve anything, we use test lights to watch the sensor read pulses. As far as the brilliance on people who work for me, who do you think trained them? Who do you think did most of the work to your car? Who do you think did most of the work to all the cars on this board? And as far as the car not making boost, I doubt it made 600 rwhp on motor... it had 7 PSI of boost which Nic and Keith from ADC will verify as it was on their dyno, and prior to that we metered a boost leak from the injectors because the NOSzle kit is NOT meant to work with a FAST intake, which is why I told you it required direct plumbing into the intake manifold. When you picked the car up, it was AFTER you decided to get in a fight with Nic, at which point he refused to tune your car, and we said come get it because we cannot do any further work without him... you showed up 4 days later with a trailer and Tempe PD to take it as is. My sales tactics as you call them were fine, You need to understand when EVERYONE tells you something is a bad idea, chances are it is...

And if I was so wrong, why not try and sue me? Oh thats right... your attorney took my side as did his son and every one else you have spoken to... the lawsuit would be laughed out of court with all the vendors you have talked to agreeing with me that your expectations on what you want are impossible...

As for everyone else on this board who already "knows" exactly what happened or what is going on because they somehow have my books memorized, know everything going on in the company, and every pissed off customer ALWAYS tells the 100% truth, there is no point in telling the story because you have all made up your minds already. I did what I could to save the place, I took care of who I could, and what happened, happened. I cant change it, theres no point in tossing people under the bus, nor complaining about the companies who screwed me or owe me money because that wont change anything.

Thanks to those who have sent PMs or emails asking if I was ok and wanting to know the truth... its nice to see who my real friends are or the customers who appreciate what ive done over the years

to those like Glen and others who cant keep their mouth shut, Karma is a bitch and I patiently wait the day when your turn comes.

Lastly, if anyone does want information on any occurance to hear my side, you are welcome to PM me on here and when I check it, I will reply.

Guest matuszynski
Still peddling the same stuff huh Mike? Come on everyone knows you are a liar.

:agree we are all looking for you mike...........can't hide forever.......:hunter

Lastly, if anyone does want information on any occurance to hear my side, you are welcome to PM me on here and when I check it, I will reply.

Mike,

What do you mean...? 'Guys like me that can’t keep their mouth shut'...

After our last conversation, where you asked me not to talk about your shop anymore... I agreed and haven’t cared enough to mention it again. People know I have a fast car and often ask me where I get my work done... Then they ask me about AZPS because you do it cheaper than the next guy.... Well we see where that got you.

But let’s look at the facts..... And this is all I have said to people who ask my opinion on this matter.

1. You are not an certified mechanic, and neither was ANY of your former employees...

2. You took 38k of a ACE members money and did not give him ANYTHING for it

I'm not even getting into the thousands of dollars that your other customers claim that you stole from them from the other boards. How you run your shop is your business. Again I really don’t care. I would not even be replying to this thread if you did not mention me by name. Now if you have proof to dispute the above facts, then please take the time to show it as I would look really bad and offer my deepest and sincerest apologies

There are threads about how your stole 38k on EVERY major internet board in Arizona as you probably already know. Your story has holes in Mike. Its funny how you have time to write on all of these boards and tell people to PM you for the real story...

Here is the story you need to tell.

Where did the 38k go?

If you needed the 38k to pay to finish someone elses job then your business has been going south for a LONG time. And the 4k that your tenant left town should not be an issue as the landlord locked you out.... Meaning that the landlord didnt get paid anyway.

You said you only had time to pick up your tools from the shop before the doors were locked... but then you are selling phones and parts on Ebay.

You mentioned that the economy is going south and I agree.. but you should have shut the doors when your company stopped making money... All the charity work that you did for others is very noble, however it put you in a bad place with a lot of people. Mike, I truely wish you the best. It is you that never had a good thing to say about me. I have only stated facts regarding your certifications to people who have asked. Nothing more.