GPS System

Marana Rich

In one of my many stupid moments, I passed on GPS for the car, and got the 6 CD MP3 player instsead. With XM radio, that is overkill.

So I am thinking of getting a GPS system, and am looking for recommendations from those who have one as to the best one on the market today.

Is GPS System a redundant statement?

I have had both the Pioneer AVIC N2 and the AVIC Z1, and though I very much prefer the Z1, I was very happy with both. They are not cheap, but are consdered by most to be the best aftermarket navigation systems that you can buy. At the moment, there is a group purchase on the Covette Forum on the Z2... If you are gong on the Laughlin trip, I should have the Z1 installed in the Vette by then, you may check it out if you like. If you have any direct tech questions about either, feel free to ask...

In one of my many stupid moments, I passed on GPS for the car, and got the 6 CD MP3 player instsead. With XM radio, that is overkill.

So I am thinking of getting a GPS system, and am looking for recommendations from those who have one as to the best one on the market today.

I just got a portable Soundstream NAV-12. I works pretty well, can be used as a handheld for walking trips etc, and can be moved from car to car. All for about 1/3 of an in-dash system. Look me up on the Laughlin deal as well and you can check it out.

We have the Garmin C330. It's inexpensive, portable and easy to use. My wife travels for work and loves it. They're about $200 or less on Ebay now.

While visiting my son in Baltimore I was exposed to his Garmin Nuvi (not sure of the model #) and it is great. It has a number of features that the C330 doesn't. It's also much thinner. I think he said he paid $400 plus for it.

I've got a Tom Tom 1. Very easy to use and portable to different cars. Also runs on batteries for short walking and bike trips.

I'm sure many of the mfgrs make a good one. I recently bought a Tom Tom go500 for $199 off woot.com and love it. It has a slightly larger 4.3" screen and bluetooth speakerphone. These nav systems have really dropped in price and are a really useful accessory! :2cents

Bigfoot... I got yer back. I'll follow ya anywhere you wanna go, as lost as you wana get.... til you give up on being able to decipher your way home. We can at that point use my Nav to rescue us. Some of the coolest places I've been were because I got lost. Roadtrip!!!! Hoo-rah....

Somebody make a note: Bigfoot can dream up an event, but no leading.

:smilelol:lol:smilelol