Any Tucson peeps involved with this?

anmracing2

I may have missed it but I couldn't see when it's going to occur.

Nope, you didn't miss it.....

This was still in the planning stage when I got the PM.

It looks like it is going to happen on the 19th of this month. I'm trying to find out the particulars and I'll let you all know.

Andrew

Andrew, let me know what you find out and I'll see if I can help. I'm heading out of town tomorrow to do the Road Runner Open Road Race but will be back Sunday night 10/6.

Malcolm

Hey Malcom,

I will let you know a meeting place. Right now it looks like somewhere near Ina and I-10. Looks like a couple of folks from Phoenix are cruising down. Not ACE members though. See if anyone else down there would like to join in. It sounds like fun.

Maybe some of the Phoenix ACE gang would like to take the drive down too.

Andrew

EDIT:

I forgot to add that it is going to be October 19th. The person getting this set up is working on more specific details as we type.....

Andrew

Hello fellow Vette heads. I'm Patrick from DC. I'm heading up this event for DC and EVS chevy. Were going to be delivering a prize package to Ryan, A 13 yr old Vette enthusiast, on Oct. 19th. This will take place about 2pm at his school, Wilson K. I've already spoke with the School and with his Mother and they are very excited about it. You can read about it Here.

I hope that some of you can find the time to come out and help make this a special day for Ryan and his class mates. I also have Vette posters to hand out to his classmates.

Patrick

Where is this kids school at?

Richard B. Wilson K-8

2330 W. Glover Road

Tucson, AZ 85742

Hey Gary or Greg,

Can one of you make this a sticky in the Tucson Events section? I guess I put this in the wrong place and just noticed..... Ooops........

Then I'll put it on the calendar.

Andrew

I've talked with the School today and they are going to arrange for the students in his Humanities class to be outside by the bus loading area. The students are oblivious to what is gong to happen. The bus area will be opened and cleared for us to pull our vettes into and suprise the kids. There are about 20 kids in the class and that means I have enough posters for all of them. Thanks in advance for all who are helping to make this a memorable event. I believe that we will have a profound effect on the lives of this kid and his school mates :rockon2:

COOL!!!!! I put this on the calendar. I hope there is a good turnout.

I also updated the first post on this.

Andrew

I won't be able to attend, but it's nice to see some other ACE members jumping in to support this one!

Karen and I will join in on this. Lots of Tucson people still have to work.

Great. I'm glad that you'll be joining us. I'll post later this week as to the meeting place. Thanks again for helping to make this a memorable event :partygrnhat:

EDIT:

I forgot to add that it is going to be October 19th. The person getting this set up is working on more specific details as we type.....

Andrew

You've got 10 days to prepare.

Back from the Road Race. I'm planning on being there Patrick. I've got the day off work and would be happy to support this any way I can. Let me know a meeting place and if there's anything else I can do.

Malcolm

I will be there with either the C5 or C4 not sure yet because the C4 has it's inner parts all out, but count me in. :rockon2: Are we planning on meeting up some where to go in to the school?

Here's the details and the meeting place

We are going to meet at the Bashas on Tangerine just off I-10 at 1:30p.m SHARP!

When traveling from Phoenix on I-10 you will take the Tangerine exit and then go left......travel down a few miles to Dove Mountain Blvd and head into the Bashas parking lot. We plan to arrive at the school at 2:00p.m.

Member Vetteluv from DC has been kind enough to help with location.

I'll be there.

Somebody give me the time and location to meet in the Phoenix area for a caravan to Tucson, OK?

Mike

OK...11am at the Northeasterly parking lot of Arizona Mills Mall near Priest Drive (Southeast of I-10 & US-60 Freeways).

(Will have walkie-talkie on Channel 3).

I'll be there.

Somebody give me the time and location to meet in the Phoenix area for a caravan to Tucson, OK?

Mike

I sent you a PM Bro

Patrick

As I find out where everyone here in Phx is located we'll pick the best local for us to meet up at and caravan to Tuscon

Yo Pat! So how many Vettes are going? Just wonderin'? Hope you have an awesome turnout!

Andrew

Yo Pat! So how many Vettes are going? Just wonderin'? Hope you have an awesome turnout!

Andrew

Right now I'm looking at about 13 Vettes. I'm really hoping that a few more will join us. Non the less, this kid is going to be super suprised.

Thanks for your assistance Andrew.

Patrick