1st day off in 2 weeks

1EvilC5

Today is my 1st day off in 2 weeks and I will be attending an event out at PIR, and to boot, it was given to me by my boss.

I was awarded a Bank of America Fantasy Camp at PIR, it is a NASCAR experience were I get safety training, instruction, on-track experience, and reception with a special guest speaker.

So I am off to see what this is all about.

More details to follow and pics hopefully.

Phil... :phil evil:

Well just got home, had a great time. I forgot my camera this morning. So no pictures to really share. Just the good memories.

Turns out that the event was put on by Richard Petty Driving Experience. Here is a short video of the type of event I had today.

Overall, I would recommend it to everyone of you. Maybe we can do a group event sometime in the future.

I happened to record the fastest lap of the day, 39.24 for our afternoon group with a top speed of 107. My instructor in his car and me in my car, started passing cars durning our 8 laps. So there were a few that I had lap traffic, but still pulled out a 39.68 lap time on another lap with a top speed of 106. It is a blast to drive that speed knowing you are not going to get in trouble.

Now to go and spend time with the family.

Phil...

I happened to record the fastest lap of the day, 39.24 for our afternoon group with a top speed of 107.

Phil...

Did you honestly think that would surprise any of us??? Very cool though! :cool:

I happened to record the fastest lap of the day, 39.24 for our afternoon group with a top speed of 107.

Phil...

Did you honestly think that would surprise any of us??? Very cool though! :cool:

:agree Very good Phil, glad you had a great time!!!

Sounds like you had a blast Phil, I'm happy for ya!!!!!

But what kind of bonehead forgets his camera on a day like this????? :lol

Sounds like you had a blast Phil, I'm happy for ya!!!!!

But what kind of bonehead forgets his camera on a day like this????? :lol

I guess a very excited one. I was running late and remembered the camera half way there. To top it off I have a camera on my phone, but it was in my pocket, under the race suit. It was very difficult to reach into there after it was on.

Oh well I will always remember the great time I had. I now will watch NASCAR in a different way after driving one. :3gears:

we've been busy too. Any free time I have had off from work I have had to deal with construction going on at my house. The nice quiet days at home working from the home office doing remote upgrades are now mixed in with the sounds of hammers, saws, doors slamming and the constant dry wall dust. Even when I have time off it's no picnic and I usually have to stay away from home just for some piece and quiet.

I know the work / home schedule is getting bad when I was sitting at JFK airport and was thinking how peaceful it was around.

A few more 15 hour days at work only to fly home to the idiots working on the house and I am going to go postal.

Glad you had fun at PIR and nothing got wrecked.