Here is a link to my post on Corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1817514

Ok here goes another long post from me

Here are the stats:

1999 Coupe

Mild bolt on mods (see sig)

176XXX miles

LS7 Clutch less than 5k miles

I have never tracked the car or power shifted it, a few WOT runs but I shifted with my foot off the gas and waited till the engine revs matched the gear before getting back on the gas.

So here are the symptoms, clutch is at the half way point if I pull it up with my foot it stay up push it down and it pops up only to half way. Engine on car wont go into gear, however when I try to put it in gear and have the shift pushed say like trying to go into first the car will move slowly Engine off and it goes into gear just fine.

Now the odd part Engine off facing down a hill with the clutch all the way down and the transmission in first it will roll let my foot off the lutch and it will stop.

My thoughts on this is the clutch is not full disengaging and the synchros in the tranny close the shifts gates so I cant get a gear when the engine is running but with it off the tranny will let me in gear just fine.

Clutch fluid is clear only slightly discolored I have however had to change it out because in San Diego I was on a steep hill and a car pulled up almost literally on my bumper and I had only been driving a stick for a week so I slipped the heck out of the clutch so I would roll back and hit them.

Cliff notes clutch no worky and I need a new one Is there a place other than the dealership I can go and not spend as much $$$ but get decent work done.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Here are the stats:

1999 Coupe

176XXX miles

I have never tracked the car or power shifted it, a few WOT runs but I shifted with my foot off the gas and waited till the engine revs matched the gear before getting back on the gas.

So here are the symptoms, clutch is at the half way point if I pull it up with my foot it stay up push it down and it pops up only to half way. Engine on car wont go into gear, however when I try to put it in gear and have the shift pushed say like trying to go into first the car will move slowly Engine off and it goes into gear just fine.

Now the odd part Engine off facing down a hill with the clutch all the way down and the transmission in first it will roll let my foot off the lutch and it will stop.

My thoughts on this is the clutch is not full disengaging and the synchros in the tranny close the shifts gates so I cant get a gear when the engine is running but with it off the tranny will let me in gear just fine.

Clutch fluid is clear only slightly discolored I have however had to change it out because in San Diego I was on a steep hill and a car pulled up almost literally on my bumper and I had only been driving a stick for a week so I slipped the heck out of the clutch so I would roll back and hit them.

Cliff notes clutch no worky and I need a new one Is there a place other than the dealership I can go and not spend as much $$$ but get decent work done.

were ALL the hydraulics replaced when you did the clutch? 1999 hydraulics were updated in 2001 with newer slave and master capable of handling the extra force required by the LS6 and heavier clutches, stock hydraulcs are guarenteed to fail with anything other then a stock 1999 clutch

Here are the stats:

1999 Coupe

176XXX miles

were ALL the hydraulics replaced when you did the clutch? 1999 hydraulics were updated in 2001 with newer slave and master capable of handling the extra force required by the LS6 and heavier clutches, stock hydraulcs are guarenteed to fail with anything other then a stock 1999 clutch

It is an LS7 Clutch that was put in by the previous owner, i'm calling you guys now I have a bank account and you finance and I need a new cam sensor and a new clutch.