First time with the vette at the track!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Well, the night was pathetic with over 6000 people there, and my racer number was 671 with more still coming in after me! it was the Speedworld all night event, so we got there at about 11:30 PM... needless to say my first run was at 3 am. Temp out side was STILL 98 degrees!!! DA was calc'd at 4995 feet which made me just want to go home! Track prep was AWESOME, however with all the imports we had the typical BS of them dragging water through the box and into the lanes... so while traction out of hte hole was great, there was water in the lanes after the 60 foot mark still!

Anyways 11.7@125 with a 1.8 60 foot... still through stock exhaust and stock clutch :) grabbed great out of the hole, then at the top of 1st gear melted the tires causing me to have to feather it to stay straight!

I think im done till winter! im gonna be depressed if I cant walk away with a 10.90@130 or more!

scan and e-mail me a copy of your official time slip and I will add it to our race results.

Thanks!!

Also, what ratio rear end gears are you running and was that pass on street tires (daily driver tires) or drag radials or full slicks?

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Thanks!!

Also, what ratio rear end gears are you running and was that pass on street tires (daily driver tires) or drag radials or full slicks?

stock gears, stock clutch, drat radials :) I had to pull the pedal of the floor at the end of the pass

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AZ Power & Sound
How about a run down on your engine mods and/or power adders on your Z06...

Shirl

How about a run down on your engine mods and/or power adders on your Z06...

Shirl

LGM long tubes, blackwing intake, 100 shot, LGM G5X4 cam... thats it :) still running stock exhaust and stock clutch!

Sound clip for you :)

http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/vetteidle.MPG