I'm making the trek

Ted Y

My plans are finalized! My buddy Chris (a yeller 70 coupe owner), whom you will meet in Laughlin, his lovely wife (also an '03 Vert owner), and I are all making the trek to Corvette Mecca this October. We are flying into Nashville and are also going to spend some time in Memphis on vacation. You know I'll post the pics. :)

:partydance:

You will love it! My wife and I did it two years ago.

I'm sure you will, but don't miss the plant tour. You have to schedule it ahead to guarantee being able to do it. I don't think you can just show up.

That's great! Are you going for the Classic Corvette Extravaganza? I'm going to be there 17-20 October.

Eddie is correct about the Plant. You can make your reservations through this web

site: Plant

You will love it! My wife and I did it two years ago.

I'm sure you will, but don't miss the plant tour. You have to schedule it ahead to guarantee being able to do it. I don't think you can just show up.

How do we make reservations for the assembly plant? Is the info on the NCM webpage?

That's great! Are you going for the Classic Corvette Extravaganza? I'm going to be there 17-20 October.

Eddie is correct about the Plant. You can make your reservations through this web

site: Plant

Thanks for the link. We will be there on 10/5.

• 3 weeks later...

I got back last night. It was fantastic. I have about 30 pics to share. I have to get an online photo album to post the pics...

I got back last night. It was fantastic. I have about 30 pics to share. I have to get an online photo album to post the pics...

I and others use photobucket. Free and easy, but there are others out there.

Very sweet Ted. I did not know there was any '83 vette in the world. :yeah:

Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this time.

Great pictures Ted, thanks for the one of the bricks!!! :thumbs

If anyone goes to the NCM, the ACE brick is easy to find. When you are looking at the main door, the brick is to the right, all the way out by the sidewalk along the parking lot. The spade on the symbol kinda jumps out at ya.

My personal favorite was the red '63 SWC that I took a picture next to. My second fav was the orange '71 LT1 on the rotating display at the entrance.

It sounds like the cars on display change every year so there should be a pretty good reason to visit whenever I am near there. Also the gift shop is amazing. We spent several hours there.

I really enjoyed the tour of the plant and it was cool to see the bodies lowered onto the chassis.

Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this time.

Excuse my ignorance, but why did the 83's not go into production? Mike

Thanks for the pics Ted-we were wondering if you made it that way or not. I'm thinking clear valve covers....cool!!!

M~