ACE and SECC at Speedworld

Robert and Elizabeth

WTG Brian, I was rootin' for ya in the brackets, especially since I was OUT so early. Listen to Dawg, build that new motor and put a hurtin' on someone next drag day. Thanks for comin' all the way down!

Oh, correction...I didn't do squat but stir the pot, my thanks to Dawg, Phil, Ted, and everyone else who made the brackets a breeze....and thanks to Joe and SECC for having us.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Grayeagle

I had a good time too guys. It was nice to put some more names, faces and cars with the screen names..... I never really hooked up well all day and couldn't launch even at 2000 without a lot of spin. My best run today was a 12.55, rt .114. In the bracket racing, I faced Eudlose in the second round and had a good run but broke out by .009. Darn..... :wave2:

Congrats Sean!

Later,

Malcolm

What a killer time, thanks to Dean for sticking with this and making it happen, and for the trophys too... :thumbs

I got in a bunch of runs and smiled during everyone of them.

My best was:

RT = .034

60 = 2.114

ET = 13.681

MPH = 102.3

I wonder if Santa would know which cam to pick out for me????

And Congrats to Dean for winning the Fastest C5 Vert!!! :party

Here's a couple of videos the kids took today!

Red vs Black!

1st round of bracket racing and I get to leave ahead of Dean, but I layed the smack down!!!

Just another case of Red showing Black who's the best!!!

Dean vs Dawg

2nd round of bracket racing and the Silver beast takes advantage of the long tubes over the shorties, he was leaving me at the big end and took the win here by .14

Sean vs Dawg

Malcolm spinning out of the hole and just never could catch me!

Malcolm vs Dawg round 1

Malcolm spinng but showing me the door at the big end of the track!

Malcolm vs Dawg round 2

Glad to see most had a good day! :thumbs Sorry to hear of the "encounter" :eek Way to get back on the horse Bob!!!

Congrats to Sean for winning :clap , and Sunnie says thanks also since one of her parts helped out!!! :lol

Thanks for the Vids Dawg and "big head" Kids!!! :yesnod

Hey Dwayne, did you get a lot of wheel spin on that one vs. me? You left on me like a BigDAWG. I know it felt like I spun quite a bit.

I've always heard that shorty headers are good on the low end whereas long tubes are good up top. On the track it felt like it took me longer to get past you than what the video shows. Weird how things look so different from in the car to outside.

Great vids by the way. Say thanks to the youg'un for us. :yeah:

Guest racingchester

Only made a couple of runs

!st Rt .878

60 2.687

et 15.155

mph 94.430

2nd rt .016

60 2.526

et 15.105

mph 92.624

At least I had one good reaction time....

My best run was the last one against Sean when my car was working right after all the runs with it crapping out in the upper rpm range. It was actually my best run ever except for the reaction time. Best RT was .058

RT .558

60 2.042

ET 13.672

MPH 105.595

When it's working right it's in the mid 13s, when it acts up not so good. I'd like to see a 2.00 60 ft and 13.5 ET but don't know it there is that much left in her. Maybe when it's cooler. :bolt: Robert :burnout

Hi Guys,

I had a great time. That was the first time in more years than most of you have been around since I was at the track.

Congratulations to Sean, ACE's new drag champ.......Did I say that right?

No great times from this baby. I think I needed more handicap, one for age and slow reaction, then there is one for my dislocated toe that stopped me from stomping on the gas pedal, and then the one because I got up a 4 in the morning, then drove over 200 miles through mud, water, and crap just to get there. I hit the valve stem on my tire while barefooted in the garage the other day, and it popped out my middle toe real clean, it was laying sideways over the fourth toe, looked kind of funny. Since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, I knew how to fix it. I just pulled it out and straighted it, and it appears to be pretty straight, but fat and tender.) That's my story and I am sticking to it.

REACTION TIME I1 I2 I3 I3 MPH I4 E.T MPH

0.367 2.290 6.069 9.088 81.998 11.589 13.819 104.764

Let's see, I edged out Brian, then lost to, hmmmmmm, well, everyone else I matched up with.

See above excuses. I even lost to the pickup hauling four ATV's on a trailer on the way home

(He was doing 90, so I didn't want to stay too close to him).

I think it is me worrying about the car more than anything. It probably has at least a half second and ten MPH more than what I was getting. Next time I will try shifting manually. By the way, when is next time?

Thanks for setting this up. It was so boring I forgot to take my camera out of the car, so no pics of this event. Bummer.

See you at Glenn's house this weekend.

What an awesome time! I got pretty frustrated trying to get some traction though. Best E.T. was 12.427. I'm not even going to post my RTs... horrible. I missed 3rd gear running against Malcom, only to have him break out by .009. He deserved that race, but that's bracket racing for ya.

Looks like I'll be on the hunt for some DRs. I know the car can get easily into the 11s if it can hook up. Some seat time should help with the RT.

Thanks eveyone for a great day! I'll put together some of the video when I get a chance. I just got home as we stayed in a scottsdale hotel lastnight. I figured it would be far cheaper than a DUI after all the beers I had after hot day. :lol

It was really nice to see you all and meet some of you for the first time. What a great bunch of people to hang out with. You guys ROCK.

Dave & Jenna

ACE has been invited by Joe at SECC to join the exotics for a day at Speedworld. :burnout

If we get 25 ACE members signed up to race, we can have our own lane for the day! :thumbs

Rules: helmet required for faster than 13.99 and cage required if faster than 10.0. Closed toed shoes are always a requirement no matter what you run.

What happened to you guys?

Just make sure you include the one where I got the jump and was in front of somebody (the only time). You and Malcolm need to get some of them big sticky tires so you don't get so frustrated keeping those beasts under control.

Rich

Robert and Elizabeth
ACE has been invited by Joe at SECC to join the exotics for a day at Speedworld. :burnout

If we get 25 ACE members signed up to race, we can have our own lane for the day! :thumbs

Rules: helmet required for faster than 13.99 and cage required if faster than 10.0. Closed toed shoes are always a requirement no matter what you run.

What happened to you guys?

PM sent

sorry i could not make it... My daughter had a soccer game .... soccer season is almost done for the fall... I hope to make more events soon.

Glenn

Hey Dwayne, did you get a lot of wheel spin on that one vs. me? You left on me like a BigDAWG. I know it felt like I spun quite a bit.

I thought that was you squealing, but I watch the vid again and it sure looks like the backend of mine is moving around, so if I did spin I don't remember but yeah I had no problem jumping out on you off the line.

As you caught up we stayed close, I sure saw those long tubes kick in on the top, but I also hit the rev-limiter on the 2nd to 3rd shift too!!!

Well..

'Habu' was clickin off solid 14.30's with the A/C on.

After 3 runs I finally remembered to turn it *OFF* ..

..and Habu responded with solid 14.20's (14.27, 14.26, 14.25 ..you know .. consistent :)

My 'routine' for staging is to be in 3rd (not overdrive), go round the water, get the car straight into the lane in the middle of the lane, one foot on brake one foot on gas as I edge up to lite the staging lites..and I stage shallow (edge up till the 2nd yellow lites and hold there instead of 'deep' where you roll a bit into the lane after the 2nd yellow is lit)

My R/t's .. well .. I redlighted almost every run.

I was tryin to work on a count to launch but never managed to focus in on the lights well enough.

My 'best' R/T was .021 .. on the wrong side of the green :)

My best without redlighting was 1st round of our bracket race:

.1 something-something .. terrible for brackets,

but enough to cover QT's .3 something-something.

I could not beleive I broke out on the top ..dialed 14.25, ran 0.045 under that!

Sheesh.

Now I know.

I will dial half a hundredth quicker on first run of eliminations next time :)

-Frank

Well..

'Habu' was clickin off solid 14.30's with the A/C on.

After 3 runs I finally remembered to turn it *OFF* ..

..and Habu responded with solid 14.20's (14.27, 14.26, 14.25 ..you know .. consistent :)

My 'routine' for staging is to be in 3rd (not overdrive), go round the water, get the car straight into the lane in the middle of the lane, one foot on brake one foot on gas as I edge up to lite the staging lites..and I stage shallow (edge up till the 2nd yellow lites and hold there instead of 'deep' where you roll a bit into the lane after the 2nd yellow is lit)

My R/t's .. well .. I redlighted almost every run.

I was tryin to work on a count to launch but never managed to focus in on the lights well enough.

My 'best' R/T was .021 .. on the wrong side of the green :)

My best without redlighting was 1st round of our bracket race:

.1 something-something .. terrible for brackets,

but enough to cover QT's .3 something-something.

I could not beleive I broke out on the top ..dialed 14.25, ran 0.045 under that!

Sheesh.

Now I know.

I will dial half a hundredth quicker on first run of eliminations next time :)

-Frank

That first run after the break was a killer. My best for the day until then was 12.7 so I figured I could run 12.8's easy the rest of the way since it was much hotter than earlier. Since Malcolm had the same dial in I figured he would either get it to hook an blow by me and break out. So, as we are going down and I have no sign of Malcolm I fgured I could go ahead an lift as that would still give me the heads up win. As luck would have it, I still hit 12.5 and that was with coasting the last 100 +/- ft with a trap of only 108!!! We both broke out but me by much more and then I couldn't get it to hook like that again. Man do I need some new rubber. :burnout

Looks like everyone had a blast!!!! Hope we can make it next time....

Seems like there are some fast cars out there! A lot of impressive times.

Sounds like Bob had the most fun :o ...... Sorry to hear about the misfortune of meeting the wall. It's good to see that you took it all in stride.

Congrats to you Dean! And you too Sean!

Andrew

Sidewinder:

Ya .. most cars have a full throttle cutoff for the A/C.

It makes a tenth of a second difference on my Vette.

(because I dont launch at wide open throttle ..the AC is on till the pedal hits the floor slowing the rpm 'flash' off the line which affects converter lockup rpm slightly which .. well .. makes the car a tenth slower purty much)

-Frank

did anyone catch the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and Lamborghini run? The SLR was sitting next to me most of the time i was waiting to race so i missed him every time. i was just wondering the times they were running?

Sorry for the delay ..hope the link works ok :)

A few pix between passes ;)

th_IMG_0284.jpg

-Frank

:willy Alright, I give up. A few pictures? And what link? :lol

Hey Brian...that SLR ran a high eleven :burnout2 if I recall right, but I know that Lambo only ran a 13.5 'cuz I was lookin' for his ass after I saw his time but never got to line up with him. :phil evil:

Edit: Ohhhh, you click ON the picture... :banghead Sorry, dain bramage.

Thanks Frank!

i found the link and pictures...(i just clicked on the small picture)....there were some good pictures in there, thats what reminded me of the SLR

Get back to class! Start practicing your launches for the next time. Just think, we could almost give that Lambo a run for his money (and we are talking a lot of it)