ACE and SECC at Speedworld

Robert and Elizabeth

I also recieved an email from new member Joe, Link that wants to show up. I send him the info, so if you see him, be sure to say hi!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Grayeagle

When are you guys going? I looked at Speedworld's website and it says it's $45 for non-scottsdaleexoticcarclub members in the morning. That is ridiculous. Starting at 7 there is Sat night drags open to everyone for $20.

I usually race at Firebird and it sucks. I haven't been able to use full throttle in the first two gears ever since I ported my intake, and I haven't even been back since I put on my headers.

What does it cost to get in the gate as spectator?

$25 for non-members, $15 for SECC members.

I looked at their site and they don't mention a membership fee. I sent in my application, although not sure if a C6 counts as an exotic. My Mazdaspeed Protege is actually much more rare, but I am sure a protege doesn't count.

If you would just read thru the whole thread....hell, quoting Joe:

"We'll be coming in from the Happy Valley Entrance, the gates open at 9am and the track is hot at 10am.

The cost for this event is:

$25.00 to race for SECC members

$45.00 to race for non-SECC members at the gate

$15.00 to spectate for SECC members

$25.00 to spectate for non-SECC members at the gate

As far as the price...we have far fewer cars running that a normal test and tune session, you can also run to 10.00 in your street car, try that at a $20 test and tune and see what happens..."

So...I don't wanna crack on you non-reading 2 post guys, but if you wanna save that $25 and head out on Saturday night to wait IN LINE with all the ricers, etc...then be my guest. Free country. I'm goin' to run some quarter-million dollar euros from a club we're 'friendly' with and my ACE 'vette bros ....and get at least 5 or 6 passes per hour. In a high-12 sec. 'vert with no roll bar.

For trophies!

Plenty of room, by all means come on out....at your leisure even, track goes 'hot' at 10 am...you don't have to meet up at the rally point in the morning, it's mostly a club shoot-the-sh!t anyway...hope to see you all there! :thumbs

get at least 5 or 6 passes per hour. In a high-12 sec. 'vert with no roll bar.

BIG key here. We will only have about 50-60 cars or so at the track running...not 250 or more like the other place. SECC has rented the track and kindly invited us. You will not get nearly as many runs at the other place for the price.

...I don't wanna crack on you non-reading 2 post guys, but if you wanna save that $25 and head out on Saturday night to wait IN LINE with all the ricers, etc...then be my guest. Free country.

Oh... SNAP :lol I am dying for tomorrow. This is going to be a blast. I haven't been on a drag strip since the friday 'run what ya brung' nights at Firebird in the mid 80s. Don't worry , I'll leave the leave the A/H on. ;)

I don't know if everyone check out the link that Joe put in one of the posts but the helmets need to have the DOT on the inside or sewn to the straps to pass. The DOT stencil on the outside won't work. I wasn't able to get an approved helmet so may just be watching this time. Check your helmets for the tag. :banghead Robert :burnout

well i guess there is no reason to bring my helmet down then. it only has the DOT sticker on the back.

cant wait for tomorrow...i have never even been to any type of dragracing.

well i guess there is no reason to bring my helmet down then. it only has the DOT sticker on the back.

The "real" DOT label is actually under the liner inside the helmet. As long as the helmet is not too old, they may let it pass anyway. They let me use my old one that first 2 times I went...then I bought a new one. There is a bike place on W. Bell that I bought mine from for $100 brand new less than 4 months ago. They may still have some good deals. It is not too far from where we're meeting, but I don't know how early they are open.

Dawg, what time are you departing, and can I meet up with you somewhere in GB?

And I am in same situation with helmet as those above. Local shop sold me what was supposed to be legal, but does not have the logo where it is supposed to. So unless someone has a large to rent/borrow/buy before I get there tomorrow, it is as a spectator only.....

The "real" DOT label is actually under the liner inside the helmet. As long as the helmet is not too old, they may let it pass anyway. They let me use my old one that first 2 times I went...then I bought a new one. There is a bike place on W. Bell that I bought mine from for $100 brand new less than 4 months ago. They may still have some good deals. It is not too far from where we're meeting, but I don't know how early they are open.

I stopped at a cycle place today and none of their helmets had the DOT label inside just the sticker on the back. Does yours have the label on the inside? Robert :burnout

What's the name of the place? I will search it and find out.

Dawg, what time are you departing, and can I meet up with you somewhere in GB?

between 8 and 8:30 I'll PM my number to ya!

I stopped at a cycle place today and none of their helmets had the DOT label inside just the sticker on the back. Does yours have the label on the inside? Robert :burnout

Has anyone ever even had their helmet inspected? In the times that I have gone, it has stayed in the bag until I'm about to run, I put it on and off I go. I can't see that they would get all crazy now. Heck, the last time I was there I had forgotten my helmet and still ran 3 or 4 passes and no one said a thing.

my .02

airplane-II-2.jpg

"Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit drinkin coffee and smoking...."

Damn, I am amped...LET'S GO RACING!

Yes, they do look inside the helmets, I was just there two weeks ago....don't know what to tell you, 'cept both mine have the inside label and one is a 2003 model, so you guys must have some old lids. Let's hope it isn't a big deal today....

Ya'll be safe and have FUN!!! We'll catch yas on the next one!!! Robert (QT),

"I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you"

I don't know if everyone check out the link that Joe put in one of the posts but the helmets need to have the DOT on the inside or sewn to the straps to pass. The DOT stencil on the outside won't work. I wasn't able to get an approved helmet so may just be watching this time. Check your helmets for the tag. :banghead Robert :burnout

I wish I would have read this sooner. We have two helmets that are approved and you could have borrowed them. If you still want to use them, you can, I know its a little late and you are probably gone already.

Dianne

-BSEG-

Oh ya.

It was a *great* day for racin ;)

A little on the hot side, but just beautiful!

That lil 57 chebby bel-air was mind-boggling to watch.. 7.50's in the quarter -shakes head-

..man.

He had the digger that showed up covered by half a second!

Congratulations to that Bigfoot guy for takin the win of the ACE Bracket race!

(I cant beleive I broke out by .045 against Quicktrip..

.. I mean ...no way was Habu gonna run faster than I dialed ..sheesh!)

I just could not get focused on my light ..was havin too much fun just blastin off the line.

I think I red-lighted every run except eliminations and one trials ..out of 10 or so passes.

I had a great time.. was a blast.

-Frank

I wish I would have read this sooner. We have two helmets that are approved and you could have borrowed them. If you still want to use them, you can, I know its a little late and you are probably gone already.

Dianne

Thanks for the offer Dianne but they let everyone run with what they had. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Man, what a blast. Even had a shit-eatin' grin as Dawg tree'd the pants off me and upheld the red team's honor as I broke out tryin' to chase him down, his winning 13.7 to my best pass of the day 13.16 loser. My reaction times are all over....a redlight, a .9, a redlight, a .102, a 32.7...j/k.

Eddie, you're off the hook....I didn't see it, but poor Bob had an 'encounter' and didn't get off as lucky as you did. Felt pretty bad for him, but he was o.k., and his lovely wife just rolled with it, even sent him back out to run again. Props. Also props to the new Mr. Bracket and current A.C.E. drag champ Bigfoot, congrats man, to be the man you gotta beat the man, and it was cool that it came down to you and Robert (with an ill LT1 no less, PROPS QT!).

Nice to meet some of the people I've been bantering with for so long, and great race Yuma Rich! Thanks to Dave and the gracious Jenna for even attempting to capture any of this, there was alot to look at from all the sweet 'vettes to the insane McLaren SLR, Porsches, and Lambo from SECC. Hell, even the serious drag cars were stunning. I told Dave he needs a '57 Chevy like that one!

It would be cool if everyone chimed in with their best times, e.t.'s, reaction, etc...

Thanks to EVERYONE that came out, I'm already anxious for the next one....that means you, DAWG! :devil

Thanks to everyone for giving me courage to get back behind the wheel and do what we came down there for. I guess I'd be lying if I said I had a great time, but I did have a fun time. Most important thing was that we able to walk away from it, its a lot easier to fix the car than me. Nice to meet some new faces and some great guys. Hope to see all of you the next time around. Bob

Thanks to dean for doing most of the "set-up" on the ACE side of things.

My ET's weren't where they should be. Too much wheel spin I think but here's a list of my best numbers:

ET: 13.61

RT: .046 (also had .071, .103, and .052) I think I'm getting the hang of the tree

Had a total blast...and it was cool going up against Robert for the bracket crown.

Sean

i was really impressed with my car today, didnt come anywhere close my estimated time of 25....but i figure thats because i didnt acount for the altitude change. my best runs included an

ET: 16.214

RT of .368

between my slow reaction and the hesitation of the car next time i think i will be taking off on the second to last yellow.

i had a blast today thanks everyone. cant wait to do it again.