• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Grayeagle

25 bucks to watch????? :o I'd swear it was 25 to play last time...... Oh well....

:andrew:

That's what happens when the dollar falls on the world exchange market. Can you tell I work for a bank? :lol

From what I remember, you were ding pretty damn good an Saturday, as it was!!! :3gears:

I was having to push it a little more than usual to keep up the speed that we were running and was getting some vibrations. Wish I had figured it out before the run. Robert :burnout Oh, and sorry Sean. That's the problem with a name that can be spelled two ways. :banghead

Robert, it didn't look like you had too much trouble keeping up, even on the way back. I think you pushed it faster so you wouldn't miss a cigarette break with Tim and I. Mike

Well when you rent a track, it is expensive. So if you do not get many people to show up, then it will cost everyone more that come.

It cost money to play, but at least there will not be a ticket from any LEOs doing it on the track. :3gears:

Helmet question...

My brain bucket is a skimpy 1/2 helmet - izzat legal?

I don't have a "full face" model, but It is DOT approved.

Hey Michael, I was just out there on Sunday and saw several open face helmets. You're good to go with a DOT approved lid. :ph34r: I'll be bringing my spare full face XXL, smells like crotch-rocket-induced sweat...mmmm, in case someone needs one.... :edward:

Anyone come up with a good northwest pre-race rally point for the Corvette herd? :grphug:

Where did you guys round up for the Laughlin run? :partydj:

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Here's the official webpage!

As far as the price...we have far fewer cars running that a normal test and tune session, you can also run to 10.00 in your street car, try that at a $20 test and tune and see what happens :thumbs

Just a thought... anyone with a reasonable to decent camera want to make an "official" video of this that can be sold on the black market? Maybe just be sold to the participants, but Black Market just kinda has a ring, ya know? I would volunteer for this, but my camera is broken at the moment, and I'm dedicating all my loose funds to the Vette at the moment.

Helmet question...

My brain bucket is a skimpy 1/2 helmet - izzat legal?

I don't have a "full face" model, but It is DOT approved.

Hey Michael, I was just out there on Sunday and saw several open face helmets. You're good to go with a DOT approved lid. :ph34r: I'll be bringing my spare full face XXL, smells like crotch-rocket-induced sweat...mmmm, in case someone needs one.... :edward:

Anyone come up with a good northwest pre-race rally point for the Corvette herd? :grphug:

Where did you guys round up for the Laughlin run? :partydj:

Mines kind of old too - DOT is just a fixed label on exterior - not inside. I may take you up on the spare if it don't pass!

Just found out Angel will be in town and wants to go too! Her dad used to race NHRA and she just loves it.

:burnout

Guest lichenboy

I'm still having a hard time believing that the track will allow a 'vert to run 10.00 sec. without a rollbar. Can somebody double-check on that?

Well, it's like this. They will let the verts run without a rollbar, if you get to deep into the 11's, they will surely keep an eye on you. Or if they feel at any other speed you are unsafe they may ask that you don't run the 1/4.

It's really nice they will let us run, this is a private event so they relax the rules to a point! wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

This isn't something that is permenent, so hopefully everyone is safe and we get to run in the future as well!!!

Just a thought... anyone with a reasonable to decent camera want to make an "official" video of this that can be sold on the black market? Maybe just be sold to the participants, but Black Market just kinda has a ring, ya know? I would volunteer for this, but my camera is broken at the moment, and I'm dedicating all my loose funds to the Vette at the moment.

I would love to make a video but unfortunatley we have to sit this one out. Maybe next time....

Andrew

PS: I didn't have a problem with the entrance fee, I was just making an observation. If we weren't busy we would go.

Have fun!

Well, looks as though I won't be running at this one. I just don't see where I will have time to get my clutch done, so i guess I'll have to be relegated to spectator. On a good note, I think Ihave found a camera to borrow, so i may be able to record the event and get it on to DVD for interested parties. Anybody out there have a DVD copier? I can burn them on my laptop, but it sure takes a while....

Novemver 3rd, at what time?

Gates open at 9 am, we'll prolly meet up around 8:30 am so we can all try to get there together.

Racing.....until they make us leave.

Rally point tentatively set, up for debate, at the Walmart parking lot at Grand and Bell...see Tim's post above for the address...and come on out! Read thru the thread for any other details you may have missed...

:banghead Sorry you're not racing Big Poppa, the more verts the better! :rockon2:

This will be a bit of fun :)

I will try an make the rally point ..if not will see yas at the track.

(really depends on when I wake up.. not gonna set an alarm ..but I will be there racin for awhile :)

-frank

I have a sony HD camcorder and a tripod. I'd be happy to film it and cut something together on premier. I have been meaning to learn more about that software anyway.

Looking forward to poppin' the cherry on her. Weather will be awesome, great bunch of peeps, and the smell of burning rubber in the morning. What could be better? :burnout

This is coming up fast. Westsiders, let's set the meeting point officially at Walmart at Grand Av/Bell at 0830 hours.

I've got my brand new brain bucket all ready to go, and nothing to put in it???

Since I'm coming up the 303, I'll probably just meet everyone there.

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE???

:toetap Still no Drewstein, Glenn, Mike, Mark & Tanya, etc...? Well, less horsepower for me to worry about....although I heard the 'fastest 'vette in Surprise' may be there.

Thanks for offering to video some of this Dave, I royally suck at pictures so I'm glad someone else will be recording this for posterity!

I picked up a couple trophies today for the event, one for the overall Drag Champ, and one just for 'verts! :rockon2:

Any other 'category' winners, like Fastest Guy From Scottsdale or whatever can get with Dawg and have him make you a bitchin' banner like the one he already made for me...

gallery_3_3_85687.jpg

He must be clairvoyant, huh? :edward:

So, Walmart at Bell & Grand at 8:30am, then to Speedworld. Don't forget: you must wear long pants when racing, you can run around the pits in your skivies if you want, since it may reach 90 on Saturday, but you need some pants for the track. And a helmet, some dinero, and maybe some camp chairs and a camera if you want pix. There is a concessions stand, but you may need special food, how do I know? Any first timers with questions about what to do and when, just ask someone. I still forget to roll up my windows when I pull outta the staging lanes... :lol

I gotta full face black NHRA legal an all helmet I will be bringin.. if you can pry it away from me tween racin 'Habu.'

I plan to make about 4-5 runs to dial myself into the car and the tree ..may make more passes if I need to.

I .. umm .. got new tires on the back.

-innocent look-

-Frank

(ok ok .. Goodrich T/A KDW's ..295's .. I cant believe how much quieter they are than runflats.

And 'stick' .. sheesh .. I think my teeth are bent back)

Just thought I would re-post this for everyone!

For all of you vert guys, as long as you have a helmet and seatbelts, you are good to 10.0

We'll be coming in from the Happy Valley Entrance, the gates open at 9am and the track is hot at 10am.

The cost for this event is:

$25.00 to race for SECC members

$45.00 to race for non-SECC members at the gate

$15.00 to spectate for SECC members

$25.00 to spectate for non-SECC members at the gate

We have some VERY fast street cars coming out so this should be fun!

Here is a link to a map!

Ignore the green arrow, speedworld is Phoenix Raceway Park...

BTW, Jammye and both girls are coming out, so if you line up against me have a little pity. Remember I have to go home with them, I would rather not have to explain why I lost!!! :lol