ACE and SECC at Speedworld

Robert and Elizabeth

Spectators?:

Ted - Leaks not allowed on track

Leaky doesn't leak enough to fail inspection on that point. It's just a frustrated nickname I gave her for "spotting" the garage floor. I would actually fail for not having a catch can for coolant.

That, AND I'm too afraid to blow up a 37 year old matching # motor...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Grayeagle

That, AND I'm too afraid to blow up a 37 year old matching # motor...

You are running aftermarket heads and you are worried about that iron shortblock??

There was a time when # matching meant something. Then they found out the NCRS

registered more #matching '67 427/435's than St Louis built!!

You know you want to see what she will do!! I had a '70 454/390 and loved it!

I was also in my mid 20's and my spine was in much better shape than today!! :smilelol

Ken

Robert and Elizabeth

We may go to this if I am still out of work from my hand surgery in October. I am supposed to get one month off to recover and the surgery is Oct. 9th. :yesnod I will keep you updated.

:rockon2: That would be awesome! :rockon2:

Hey, if your hand is still bum :R & E: , and you need a pinch-driver, I'd be glad to race Vanessa for ya! :smilelol

Hey, I took a shot.... :banannarainbow:

Robert and Elizabeth
:rockon2: That would be awesome! :rockon2:

Hey, if your hand is still bum :R & E: , and you need a pinch-driver, I'd be glad to race Vanessa for ya! :smilelol

Hey, I took a shot.... :banannarainbow:

I'll think about it.......... NOT!! :P

hmmmmm....

I might just have to find out what she can do. One of my students needed a ride home recently and asked "how fast from 0-100" meaning kilometers of course. I said "I don't know, let's find out" and we got there in about 5 seconds, so my curiosity is peaked.

Count me in for now -

Tim????

Count me in for now -

Tim????

Yes Mike???

:D just wondering if I'd see yeller, turnin' some heads, being how you live so close and all...

Hi'ya been?

All is well here Mike and I'll say yes to "Sunnie" and us being there! Hope to se ya before then though!

RIGHT ON!!!! (for both)

I'm tearing apart the front brakes this Saturday - got a squeek I dun like.

I might bring one of them..... Chuck

You just had to rub it in that you have 2 vettes, didn't you Chuck? :lol Have your wife drive one out and then you can run both. Good luck on that one, huh? You may have to flip a coin, but I'm betting on the vert. :thumbs Robert :burnout

"IN" list update:

:rockon2:

Dawg - ragtops rule

MOTV8 - desperately seeking pre-race mod fundage

Kens06 - Kermit or Smirf?

TEXAZC6 - the Monterrey Red rocket

Speedratchet - the Ambassador

Quiktrip - still the reigning ACE drag champion!

Bigfoot99 - once a slow C5, now...?

84vette - fresh paint equals lower e.t.

Malcolm - seeking revenge on Gary

Yuma Rich - long distance winner

Grayeagle - the ringer

1EvilC5 - crankin' the boost

R&E - needs a fast-healing hand to make it

F22trainer - seeking to fulfill his ground-based need for speed

P51tj - Sunnie already makes the rest of our cars look bad, will Tim's driving skills do the same?

racingchester - playing eeny meeny which 'vette?

Spectators?:

Ted - Leaks & blown motors not allowed on track

AnM x 2 - late arrivals

Scratch? - I’m assuming he won’t have a ‘vette to run, provided jstrutt’s cheque clears....

:phil evil: This is shaping up nicely, but I want to hear from you BIG dogs....Glenn, Drew, Mark, etc...??? Who’s gonna put the smack down on those 11 second turbo Porsches and blown Mercs in the other lanes? And you know I want a piece of Roxxane, where’s Chad? :toetap

That's a great list, but I don't see any noobs.....

Look, if you've ever stomped on it from a stoplight, you've pretty much got this wired. So come on out and actually enjoy that 'vette, you'll be surprised at how much fun you have and you just might win some braggin' rights!

:checkeredflag: :scareddriver:

That's a great list, but I don't see any noobs.....

Look, if you've ever stomped on it from a stoplight, you've pretty much got this wired. So come on out and actually enjoy that 'vette, you'll be surprised at how much fun you have and you just might win some braggin' rights!

:checkeredflag: :scareddriver:

:agree this is a blast no matter how slow or fast you can run!!! My first time out, my car had issues and did not run "fast" and I still had a BLAST!!! Come out and play...it's legal to go over 100MPH...NO TICKETS!!! You won't hurt the car either...just ask Eddie. :lol:lol

I just have one thing to add, DON'T TURN OFF THE TRACTION CONTROL!

Does anybody still have the clip? email it to me if you do.

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in to at least attend... I need to get a new clutch in my car before I'd be comfy running it. I have the clutch, but I've been too lazy to install it, as it looks like a bit less fun than a tooth extraction. Gives me a reason to get off me a$$ and get it done though.... BTW, do we know what time to show up? The drive up from Tucson is a bee yauch to Speedworld, especially if I gotta do it early on a Saturday... I suppose I should add... Anyone wanna lay under a C5 and help install a clutch, pizza and beer's on me!!! :howdy

This will be my first time. I'm sure I'll break something. Is a helmet required?

If you go 13.99 or faster yes...and yes, the C6 will go faster than 13.99 stock.

So you're looking for some noobs? Do I need a rollbar for my 'vert?

Marcus

If you're fairly stock no. I don't remember the ET you are allowed to run without a roll cage and can't find it on their website. But you should be fine. You'll just have to leave your top up. :thumbs

So you're looking for some noobs? Do I need a rollbar for my 'vert?

Marcus

Hell yeah Marcus, come on out! Technically, the NHRA rule for 'verts is 13.99 or quicker needs a rollbar, but as mentioned this will be a 'club' day and they relax quite a bit out there. I thought for sure they'd 86 my ass the last 'club' day when I finally broke into the 12's, but nobody batted an eye. I figure you're okay unless you're runnin' under 11 or somethin', they might take an interest. Looks like your 'vert has some go fast goodies so here's your chance to 'run watcha brung' and hope you brung enuf! 'Verts rule! :rockon2:

Hope you get the clutch in Big Poppa!

Everyone will pass tech, unless the car is leaking something, has bald tires, or the battery is floppin around.

:willy Less than month away, beg off of work, cancel the tee time, & get your wife passes arranged....

WHATEVER. Just be there. :chris You WILL have a blast in your 'vette and enjoy the bs-ing! :burnout2