ACE and SECC at Speedworld

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

ACE has been invited by Joe at SECC to join the exotics for a day at Speedworld. :burnout

If we get 25 ACE members signed up to race, we can have our own lane for the day! :thumbs

Rules: helmet required for faster than 13.99 and cage required if faster than 10.0. Closed toed shoes are always a requirement no matter what you run.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

• Grayeagle

I already have this on the calendar too. Melissa and I had lots of fun at the last one. Maybe we'll do it again..... Gotta see what the our schedule is like....

Andrew :andrew:

:melissa falling: Ha-ha!!!!!!

:rockon2: Thanks for posting this R&E! You too Andrew! I hope everyone that wants to race can make it out to Speedworld for this, it should be a BLAST! You know I'll be running for that ragtop title! :burnout2

Some FYI:

If you are taking your street car, and it is not a death trap, you will pass tech. Some obvious things you need: seatbelts, safe tires (no cord showing), all lug nuts, radiator coolant overflow catch canister (the factory one is fine), no blatant fluid leaks pouring out, etc! Your battery must be firmly attached to the body of the car (doesn't move when it is pushed on). Also, shorts and tank tops are not allowed. You MUST wear long pants while racing! This is about it for a street car. If your car runs faster than 13.99, you will need a DOT approved helmet.

Unless you beat on your car, drag racing won't hurt it at all. You don't have to do 5 minute burn-outs and 4000 rpm launches to enjoy drag racing. As with any sport, it's about finess. A precision launch and smooth shifting will get you a quicker time than hammering on your car anyway. Many of us do this light to light, so why not do it safely and legally on the track?

Even if you don't want to race, come on out and socialize. They have good concessions and it will be a lot of fun checking out cars, taking pictures and just mingling.

Remember, if we get 25 or so 'vettes out there we'll get one of the 8 staging lanes all to ourselves and we can run our own deal, a bracket race or just pair off for some heads up and run whatcha brung.

:3gears:

So, smack-talking aside, are you in? :toetap

Joe and the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club put on a fantastic outing at Speedworld!!

I was at the one in March with Z06Vette.com people and a few ACE members were there also.

You can get up close to Lambo/Viper/Porsche/Merc class exotics!!

They love to show off their rides as much as we do, and will hammer on them at the track!!

Count me in!!

Ken

Hey Robert, have you got that Killer Beast to hook up on a good run yet? I know you've done a lot more work on it since we talked at Casa Grande and was wondering how it's coming.

Malcolm

Robert and Elizabeth
Hey Robert, have you got that Killer Beast to hook up on a good run yet? I know you've done a lot more work on it since we talked at Casa Grande and was wondering how it's coming.

Malcolm

No, I have not raced it since last year. I do not want to make any promises as to when we will race again. We are tied up in making power numbers right now and want to have that part finished before we race it again. We have changed speed shops and am waiting for the ported manifold. When that is installed, we will be maxed N/A. Elizabeth is working Nov 3, so we will miss this event.

R~

Argh! Another Saturday thing?! If you guys are still there midday, then we'll likely come watch...

M~

I'll be there :)

Nov 3rd sounds *cool* :)

Ah kin splain how to 'cut a light' an stuff for any that are in doubt if need be.

-Frank (bracket racer for 18yrs, gearin up to resume next year)

Argh! Another Saturday thing?! If you guys are still there midday, then we'll likely come watch...

M~

Last time they were still running at 3-4:00 pm!!

Ken

:rockon2: Well, looks like eleven IN already:

Dawg (unless his Rotund Ragtopper chop doesn’t count as an entry...)

MOTV8 - desperately seeking pre-race mod fundage

Kens06 - Kermit or Smirf?

TEXAZC6 - the Monterrey Red rocket

Speedratchet - the Ambassador

Quiktrip - still the reigning ACE drag champion!

Bigfoot99 - once a slow C5, now...?

84vette - fresh paint equals lower e.t.

Malcolm - seeking revenge on Gary

Yuma Rich - long distance winner

Grayeagle - the ringer

Spectators?:

Ted - Leaks not allowed on track

AnM x 2 - late arrivals

Scratch? - I’m assuming he won’t have a ‘vette to run, provided jstrutt’s cheque clears....

:phil evil: This is shaping up nicely, but I want to hear from you BIG dogs....Glenn, Phil, Drew, Mark, etc...??? Who’s gonna put the smack down on those 11 second turbo Porsches and blown Mercs in the other lanes? And you know I want a piece of Roxanne, where’s Chad? :toetap

Also, it's early but can a brother get this thread pinned???

Also, it's early but can a brother get this thread pinned???

Done, but don't you have that option, Mod Dean??? :cfdeadagain

Nope, only in "my" section. :cfdeadagain

I wouldn't give me the keys to the kingdom either..... :banannarainbow: