"E" ticket Corvette ride

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

Today I took my driving re-certification test out at GM's Desert Proving Ground. After passing my test successfully, my instructor, knowing of my love of Vettes, said let me take you for a ride in one of ours. He headed over to a twistie course used by engineers to tune suspension, and he took that C5 to it's limits!

A cruise with Glenn, Eddie, Dan and Phil combined had nothing on the ride this test driver took me for. He's a fan of "Drifting". I've never felt ANYTHING taken to this extreme, Unfortunately, words can do little to describe what I experienced this morning. All I can tell you is one interesting piece of trivia which will give you all an idea. They go through a full set of tires per one tank of fuel on their Vettes.

:burnout

Their C5 Z06 has a dead battery, so I've got a rain check to go for a ride on the course in that one next. He also told me that he's already had the C6 Z06 on that course, and her said there is a night & day difference between it an the C5. I'd go into more details, but I did sign a confidentially agreement!

Damn, and the best part... I got paid to go on that ride!!!!

They go through a full set of tires per one tank of fuel on their Vettes.

:burnout

I would too if I had GM sponsoring my driving habits! :smilelol:smilelol

I've been averaging a set a year on the rear and I don't do burnouts or drag race :lol:lol

Sounds like fun! :thumbs

I wish I did not have to pay for my tires, it would be a whole nother story.

I could only dream of driving my care to the limits and not worry about breaking something and having to repair it on a daily basis.

Have fun at work Dan.

Phil... :devil