Turbo Diesel Vette

Guest Sidewinder

Frankly, I'm not keen on the video, BUT the thought of a twin turbo diesel Vette is AWESOME. That combination is definitely where it's at. Look no further then how impressive Audi is in the LeMans series. Look at how Banks & Bully Dog & tons of other companies can extract power & torque out of those engines in trucks.

I was at Firebird last winter & went up against a 4wd 6 cylinder dodge, that killed me. That was even before he sprayed NOS or turned on the propane. Now obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to put a heavy propane tank in a Vette, but programming alone will get you a long way!

Thanks for sharing Mark!

Jim

Was that the tires or the exhaust??? :burnout Sounded pretty good for a diesel. I wonder if he'll give me his old motor. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Was that the tires or the exhaust??? :burnout Sounded pretty good for a diesel. I wonder if he'll give me his old motor. :thumbs Robert :burnout

You can have the old stove, but I don't want the tires! :cone

Cool burnout and I'm sure the power is AWESOME, but I'm not too keen on the sound...for a vette that is. Would be a tough choice I think.

I call BS! All I saw was a stock looking C5 doing a monster burnout, which they can do with their gas engine. I did NOT see a deisel engine (or any engine). Sound can be dubbed.

I call BS! All I saw was a stock looking C5 doing a monster burnout, which they can do with their gas engine. I did NOT see a deisel engine (or any engine). Sound can be dubbed.
:withstupid:agree

:withstupid:agree

:withstupid:agree:withstupid:agree

Guest Sidewinder

Of course the sound is dubbed!! There is no way a diesel would fit under the hood. I jus thought it was a funny vid.

Gee, I wish I could spin my tires like that and burn about 800 dollars down the drain in a couple of minutes....

Of course the sound is dubbed!! There is no way a diesel would fit under the hood. I jus thought it was a funny vid.

why couldn't a diesel fit under the hood - are the diesel v8 blocks that ford uses in their super duty trucks much different than a gas engine? i realize the turbos wouldn't have any room, but what about the block?

There was a Canadian who put a GM 5.7 liter (I think) deisel in a C3. It was non turbo and fit, but of course, it's just another small block. I don't know about modern deisel engines.

Guest Sidewinder

why couldn't a diesel fit under the hood - are the diesel v8 blocks that ford uses in their super duty trucks much different than a gas engine? i realize the turbos wouldn't have any room, but what about the block?

Then it wouldn't be a turbo :smilelol

I think the oil pan would drag the ground also