Hydro-carbon Interior Installed

torchredfrc

You need these for your engine compartment now. If you're interested just contribute $50 to the ACE Operating Fund and they're yours.

C5Items003.jpg

They would be a nice touch if the interior matches and you did more of that sort of thing. But the RED doesn't get touched! :wub Yes Karen I mean you too.

I like the carbon fiber FRC's but I'm pretty partial to the ones I've got installed right now:

Red_Covers_Small.JPG

It is "carbon-fiber" but it's a painted on "carbon-fiber" and not real carbon fiber. Here are some details on the process used to paint these:

http://www.vetteessentials.com/tecstar/carbonfiber.htm

hydrographic.jpg

The pieces I purchased were from mrm1149 on Corvette Forum and from Stuart at OEMDash.com. I think I have just under $1,000 in all the pieces. It took me about 3 hours to get it all installed but I've taken apart the dash a few times so I've got some experience doing it. This was a simple install and the results are stunning in my opinion.

If anyone decides they want to do this and would like some help, I'm always up for a mod party!

Matt

OK, I get that hydro-carbon thingy.

Now those FRC's you have are wicked nice dude. What's that sig on them in the corner by the firewall? Totally sweet man. :thumbs

OK, I get that hydro-carbon thingy.

Now those FRC's you have are wicked nice dude. What's that sig on them in the corner by the firewall? Totally sweet man. :thumbs

The sig is from the artist who did the paint. His forum name on Corvette Forum is Chevy Chad. I don't believe he is still in the FRC painting business though unfortunately. He does excellent work!

Sweetness! A buddy of mine has them on his 86, but I can't find where he got them?

Stuart @ OEMDash.com can do any piece you send him. Drop him an email info@oemdash.com with some pics of what you want done. I believe he can do several finishes (including wood grain).

Sweetness! A buddy of mine has them on his 86, but I can't find where he got them?

Stuart @ OEMDash.com can do any piece you send him. Drop him an email info@oemdash.com with some pics of what you want done. I believe he can do several finishes (including wood grain).

Oh hell, you're going to get me in major trouble....but hey, that's what Corvettes are all about, right? Thanks very much!