So What Would You Pay

jstrutt

I have a chance next Saturday to go to a farm auction and the guy has a 1965 Chevelle 2-door hardtop with a 283 (running). It also comes with an identical parts car (haven't seen either but the one runs fine and the glass and interior are good). Thought it would be neat for Karen if it was driveable and can always do some paint etc as she is afraid of the power of a Vette. Offered her the '92 but no go. Snooze, ya loose. Wait till she has to drive the '92 back from AZ. :smilelol:smilelol What would you pay at an auction? Remember it is a farm auction. :scareddriver:

You need to set a price your comfortable (bottom line)with and stick to it...then compare that to the actual car. Start looking up prices of same or compared cars, use that for a base of what you'll pay, and what it's potential is after it's fixed up.

Dump that 283 engine, I think a stroked big block crate motor is at $7-$10K...so figure that in :smilelol

mmm .. 4.10's, 4-gear, and a 283 would be fun.

I really need to scrounge up them pix of my '64 Malibu w/tunnel ram L-88 monster in it.

-Frank

(poor 10 bolt, scattered it, a 12-bolt solved that, 2 muncies, including the so-called 'rock crusher', a cast-iron case T-10 solved that, then twisted driveshaft, a chrome-moly w/big u-joints solved that, then broken shock mounts because the crossmember actually seperated from the frame hittin second gear, boxed new crossmember welded in solved that .. etc.. etc. .. for a coupla years. It really was a monster.)

Frank..........it's for Karen........not you and me. As for "rock crushers" I've crushed a few. :banannasword: