Monday's Test

1EvilC5

11 right... what do I win???

Of course I saw this earlier ths summer when one of the kids sent it to me! But I still win :partydance:

Of course I saw this earlier ths summer when one of the kids sent it to me! But I still win :partydance:

Nope, you cheated...you get a zero...unless you post the score you got this summer. :toetap

Nope, you cheated...you get a zero...unless you post the score you got this summer. :toetap

Dwayne, I can't get to the server so you take the test for me and let me know what I got. :smilelol:smilelol

Dwayne, I can't get to the server so you take the test for me and let me know what I got. :smilelol:smilelol

John, you got 2 out of 11 right! sorry :nopity

Laying the smack down already, Is this how you treat the youth of our country?

BTW, I consider the test taken at an earlier date to be labeled as study material :yeah:

Laying the smack down already, Is this how you treat the youth of our country?

Lets see...I spent 3 hours over the last 2 days trying to teach one of my classes, a bunch of juniors and seniors (mostly seniors), about simple interest.

I = Prt (I=interest, P=principal or present value, r=rate, t=time)....simple enough right?

Now if I ask you to give me the amount of interest owed when given the following:

I=Prt

P=$100.00

r=6% (yes, we spent time learning how to convert % to decimal and decimal back to %)

t=2 years

What is your answer? Now keep in mind I spent 3 hours over 2 days trying to get this concept across to them, ie. simple subsitution, multiplication of decimals, converting % to decimals etc...and most still seem confused. There was a little more in the lesson that just that, including future value and discount loans, but both are based on or use the simple interest formula. Oh, and did I say they are allowed to use calculators?

Now tell me if I'm laying down too much smack already. :toetap Remember, Jrs. and Srs. (mostly 17-18 year olds potentially going into the work force...college sure doesn't seem likely).

If you get the answer without actually receiving any instruction on how to use it, I think you owe me a beer next time we see each other. If not I will buy you a beer even though I won't believe you missed it. :lol (this offer is only good for Dwayne).

As my dad would have said: 'The world needs ditch diggers, too.'

Heck even a garbage collector makes a nice wage :)

-Frank (prolly due for refresher math next summer .. at least up to quadratics)

10 out of 11...but DOH on the one I missed. :smilelol Wasn't thinking on the Ark question. Dumb me. :lol

I did the same exact thing! Stupid Moses threw me off. 10 of 11.

I got 9 of 11. Dumb ass Moses.......How often is the interest compounded? daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual?

I got 9 of 11. Dumb ass Moses.......How often is the interest compounded? daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual?

"Simple interest" question. Always based on the year. The others are compound interest. :lol

I still can't get the link to work "Cannot Find Server" so I'll take a "0". But what was the question about Moses that everyone had trouble with?

Father John :cfdeadagain

Robert and Elizabeth

Something like "how many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark with him? 1...2...4...6... or 0?"

Robert and Elizabeth

Poor Robert..... he got only 1 out of 11! He claims he wasn't in "smart ass" mode!! :smilelol:smilelol

He was answering them all seriously!! I am laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face!!!! :smilelol:smilelol