Welcome To Guyvervette

1EvilC5

:howdy Hello Luis :howdy

Year of Corvette: 1982Color: BlueTell us a little more about your Vette and post a picture when you get a chance.

Phil... :devil

Phill's Vette

:partygrnhat::partydance::banannadance::banannasword:

Cool! Another C3 AND it's an 82!!

Welcome to ACE from Mesa!

Ya gotta post some pics for us!

Hello everybody, thanks for the Welcome :burnout2 Im in the Tempe/Mesa border.

I just bought my vette 2 weeks ago, i got a smoking deal. The car was sitting for a while, so it needed a new fuel pump, spark plugs, wires, brakes, oil and filters, well, a lot. Right now the front calipers are being rebuilt. Here are some pics:

This is how i found it

226606286RL975213460.jpg

226606291RL329743793.jpg

226606294RL220108361.jpg

226606300RL094678921.jpg

I said, its mine!! :rockon2:

227239884RL822098517.jpg

Its new home

227240347RL316810122.jpg

227240390RL236590376.jpg

The thing is that I wanted a project to higly modify it, but this car seems to be in better shape than I expected. The engine has been rebuilt and it probably doesnt have more than 10,000 miles on it, everything works perfect, everything is original and complete. It probably need some wet sanding and clear coating.

So Im not sure if I should keep it and modify it, or restore it a little bit and sell it. I originally wanted a 80 or 81, so I wouldnt feel bad for taking out all the fuel injection system. So... any advice??

Thanks a lot.

So Im not sure if I should keep it and modify it, or restore it a little bit and sell it. I originally wanted a 80 or 81, so I wouldnt feel bad for taking out all the fuel injection system. So... any advice??

Hi Louis,

I hope that I can help answer any questions you might have about your crossfire, I traded my 82 last fall.

I can tell you that when it's tuned correctly, that crossfire will run like a dream, it will start everyday, get great gas mileage (20+) and while it's not a screamer, it will hold it's own with just a couple of hidden upgrades. So hopefully you think twice about ripping off the CFI and bolting on a antique carb... (flame suit on)

Just to wet your appetite, there is a guy in Chandler with an 84 still running the CFI and he has run 12's at firebird, thats C5 times.

Hi Louis,

I hope that I can help answer any questions you might have about your crossfire, I traded my 82 last fall.

I can tell you that when it's tuned correctly, that crossfire will run like a dream, it will start everyday, get great gas mileage (20+) and while it's not a screamer, it will hold it's own with just a couple of hidden upgrades. So hopefully you think twice about ripping off the CFI and bolting on a antique carb... (flame suit on)

Just to wet your appetite, there is a guy in Chandler with an 84 still running the CFI and he has run 12's at firebird, thats C5 times.

Wow!! Well, its not because I think the car is slow, I know the engine can be tricked out, and like you say, I kinda like that I can get decent or great mileage. But hey, I'll deffinetly like to know all those tips and tricks to make the engine run like a dream like you say :rockon2:

So right now I have to finish my 280Z and that's going to take me some time, so deffinetly Im sticking with the cross fire for a while.

Oh and by the way, the name is Luis ;) .... Its probably just me, but Louis sounds like a girl :)

Thanks everybody for the welcome :burnout2

If you're interested in a loaded '81 (and I mean loaded - more power than a cat running without a tail) send me a pm. This puppy runs low 12’s and will go from 0 to 60 MPH in under 4 seconds.

Oh and by the way, the name is Luis ;) .... Its probably just me, but Louis sounds like a girl :)

You know I looked it up and still spelled it wrong.. Sorry for the goof!

Let me know when you get ready to run it, I'll have my brain all warmed up to answer anything I can about it.

• 6 months later...
GuyverVette

Well... the sad news is that I sold my 82 cross fire (at least I made good money out of it :chris ) But I jus bought a 2000 6 speed Targe Coupe and I love it :D

255100310RL422551365.jpg

255100367RL880673287.jpg

254529000O187818005.jpg

254529018O465636007.jpg

255973205O320986424.jpg

Ill try to stick around more often :)