I Thought This Was Interesting

Eddie44

Saturday during lunch at Ted's I was talking to someone about the fuel system on the C6's. Well here's the best description and pic I've seen of how it works/looks.

There's a large cross pipe connecting the two tanks. It is near the tops of the tanks. When you fill up, the driver side tank fills to the level of the cross pipe, then fuel flows through the crossover to the other tank. When the passenger tank fills to a level above the crossover pipe, air pressure rises in the remaining ullage space and causes the fill nozzle to trip off. In other words, both tanks are full when the nozzle trips.

The fuel pump draws from the driver side tank and feeds the fuel injection system. As fuel is pumped from the tank, it is drawn through a venturi pump which transfers fuel from the passenger side tank to replenish the driver side tank. Thus the levels in the two tanks are maintained approximately the same at all times.

:thumbs

Saturday during lunch at Ted's I was talking to someone about the fuel system on the C6's. Well here's the best description and pic I've seen of how it works/looks.

There's a large cross pipe connecting the two tanks. It is near the tops of the tanks. When you fill up, the driver side tank fills to the level of the cross pipe, then fuel flows through the crossover to the other tank. When the passenger tank fills to a level above the crossover pipe, air pressure rises in the remaining ullage space and causes the fill nozzle to trip off. In other words, both tanks are full when the nozzle trips.

The fuel pump draws from the driver side tank and feeds the fuel injection system. As fuel is pumped from the tank, it is drawn through a venturi pump which transfers fuel from the passenger side tank to replenish the driver side tank. Thus the levels in the two tanks are maintained approximately the same at all times.

:thumbs

Sweet, there is something else I hope I never have to fix. :toetap