Dont Flush It!

1EVLC7

Engine Crankcase Flushing

General Motors Corporation does not endorse or recommend engine crankcase flushing for any of its gasoline engines. Analysis of some of the aftermarket materials used for crankcase flushing indicate incompatibility with GM engine components and the potential for damage to some engine seals and bearings. Damage to engine components resulting from crankcase flushing IS NOT COVERED under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

Guest Sidewinder

Good info!!

I think crankase flushing is a thing of the past. If ya use quality oil you have nuthin to worry about. I remember a quart of engine flush from back in the day and all it contained was diesel fuel :lol

Engine Crankcase Flushing

General Motors Corporation does not endorse or recommend engine crankcase flushing for any of its gasoline engines. Analysis of some of the aftermarket materials used for crankcase flushing indicate incompatibility with GM engine components and the potential for damage to some engine seals and bearings. Damage to engine components resulting from crankcase flushing IS NOT COVERED under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

How would they know that it was flushed?

I've used straight desiel fuel to flush a motor, never tried the stuff off of the shelf. It was a way to clean out very high milage or abused motors.

Thanks again for the info Ed.