Weather Strip Lubricant

Guest Mikey

FYI... To lengthen Corvette weather stripping life and help prevent roof squeeks, here is the GM Silicon Grease Part Number:

It comes in a one ounce tube and is recommended to be applied every 6 months on Corvettes.

I'm going to check Courtesy Chevrolet this week to see if they stock it and what the cost is. I'll let you all know :thumbs

I'm going to check Courtesy Chevrolet this week to see if they stock it and what the cost is. I'll let you all know :thumbs

Stand by !! It is pricey for a dinky little tube.

Umm .. cant you get Silicone Grease in a 'real' tube at a hardware store?

-Frank (just curious)

Would this prevent a drip from the window seal during car washing on a convert? Mike

Would this prevent a drip from the window seal during car washing on a convert? Mike

As an ex vert owner I can tell you that you're stuck with those leaks. I did learn a trick from the bodyshop that fixed mine though. Put a dollar bill between the weatherstripping and the glass. When you find a place that is loose you can bend the weatherstriping out by hand. I had a huge air leak when they got done with my drivers door. I thought it would take them hours to fix it. He came back in about 10 mins and said "all done". I questioned how they could fix it that quick. Then he demo'd.

An alternative is 3M Silicone Paste....I don't know how you guys feel about using something besides GM stuff, but I've

used it (very sparingly) for years..... :thumbs