Poker run -- I need helpers!

BSeery

Time is VERY quickly approaching for the 2nd annual poker run to raise funds for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.

I need people to help plan the event, to help gather prizes, to help raise funds, to work the route, to get the news out about the event --- I NEED HELP!!

Please respond if you can help.

My initial plans are to move the event back to October 2nd, and have it start and end at the Pavilions to happen with the Corvette Saturday at the car show. I will be talking to the owner of the McDonalds soon to see if this is possible and to get their participation.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I'm up for giving you a hand. We can discuss it at Hooters tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan, you know you can count on me.... :cheers:

Any word yet on teh pavilions? And we also need to keep the Tucson guys in mind....

You know I'm always up for helping. Just let me know what you need done! :)

How about we all pick a Saturday this month and have a get together over lunch / beverages to discuss and plan?

I am gone the weekend of the 3rd and 4th, and have an HOA meeting early morning on the 24th, but other than that I am wide open at this point.

With a little notice I'm available most any weekend and if needed I can make it some weekday evening but I know that's tough for some. Pick a day and let us know!

3,503 lbs of trouble
How about we all pick a Saturday this month and have a get together over lunch / beverages to discuss and plan?

Any chance of doing a meeting at the Pavilions on Saturday the 17th? We could put the cars over in Corvette row and then go over to Denny's or one of the other restaurants for dinner and discuss plans. Let me know if this will or will not work for you.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Any chance of doing a meeting at the Pavilions on Saturday the 19th? We could put the cars over in Corvette row and then go over to Denny's or one of the other restaurants for dinner and discuss plans. Let me know if this will or will not work for you.

Or perhaps we should be meeting at the McDonald's???  :cheers:

I was looking at the June calandar when I said the 19th.

It will be JULY 17th.

Hey Bryan! I will have to get with you sometime since I have to go out of town this weekend. But I am interested in helping again this year.

Kam

• 1 month later...

yo!!

I still need helper to run this event.

I need firm commitments from about 7-10 people to make this event work. I will need people to work each stop and also to help plan everything 2 weeks in advance. I want to do a test run of registration process, run the course to make sure maps are 100% and to pick spots to set up the checkpoints. The day of event I will need help all day long running this, the logistics are a bit tougher than the event last year.

We have less than 1 month's time to get this planned out and ready to go.

I also have not had anyone pre-register. Please do so as this will make the day of the event run better for everyone.

You know my stop is a done deal. I would be glad to help with the dry run on the route. I need to get out and see my stop anyway and how it's situated. Anything else, just let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

O.k. - we have all of our poker run workers set !!

The "dry run" will be September 26th starting at 10:30 a.m. and we will be doing lunch at Hooters in Mesa.

If anyone else wants to tag along and do lunch and have a cruise feel free, but it will be the same thing as the poker run on October 2nd.

Special thanks to the following for helping out.

Dan Wilson

Eddie Catlett and his wife

Philip Zungia

Randy Hyken and his wife

and Tracy Seery for putting up with me and helping me out.