Hot Teams Race, June 19th

HTRjohn

Hey all,

If anyone here is interested in competing in the June Hot Teams race post here and I will get you set up. There are still a few spots open on the GM Team. The race is at SpeedWorld on the evening of the 19th. It is heads up, not brackets. I think there will be a total of about 10 GM cars competing, 10 - 15 Mopars and about 10-15 Fords.

It's a lot of fun, no cost other than track entry and you will be supporting the GM group. About the only requirements are you must run faster than 16.0 ET, no body stickers and tell the basic details of you car on your listing here at:

http://www.outrunu.com/SignUp.html

You will test and tune starting at gates open (6:30pm) until race time at 10:00pm

I have a mustang match that runs in the high 13's and one in the 12's, I have a Mopar match in the 12's, 10's and 9's.

Oddly enough, in the years we have been doing this we have never had a vette race so this would be a first.

Any takers just holler and I will be glad to help or answer any questions that I can.

Most of the other AZ automotive clubs with performance vehicles will have a car or two there representing.

Thanks and chat with you later,

john

:cheers:

My car only runs low 14's, what good would that be against a 10 second car in a heads up race?

Bracket racing I am all for !! I love that racing and do pretty damn good in a car with no timers or controls.

I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Heads up racing is not for everyone and it is a completey different mind set. You are now placed in a race where you are actually racing the guy in the next lane.

For those that may not be familiar, heads up racing is simply the faster car wins, no handicap, no brackets.

In our program there is a bit of concesion if you are faster off the tree in reaction time.

- 3 points if you win the race

- 2 points if you have the better reaction time

- 1 point participation.

A red light receives only one point.

The team with the most points wins.

I'm not sure I got the 10 sec match thing but here you would most likely compete against a Stock Dakota except a cold air intake on it.

Anyawy, if anyone is interested holler and I will give you the options we have to pick a race. As long as it is faster than 16.0 we can probably find a good match.

By the way, this is all free except gate entry and its for a local charity.

Great fun and it's addictive ;)

later,

john

3,503 lbs of trouble

The only thing I care to outrun these days are more post racing repair bills. In all I've spent about 2K over the past year as a direct result of racing and all I have to show for it is a 14.839 timeslip. Well, I guess I should also include the satisfaction I got from smoking a bunch of ricers too. All I know is street cars w/ street parts and race tracks equal flatbeds, inconvenienced friends, happy mechanics and a smaller bank account.

I'm out, but you know Glenn will be there :burnout:

I don't think Glenn reads here. We will have to tell him about this tomorrow at the cruise.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I don't think Glenn reads here. We will have to tell him about this tomorrow at the cruise.