No Momma You Didn’t…….

Purdue

Order a C6? Actually she did! A 2007 Atomic Orange C6 was ordered from Larry Danduran in New Rockford, ND in April, built on 5/14 and delivered on 5/31 (a week late)...thanks to the plant pulling it for a quality control check :angry .

My father retired from GM’s Corvette Division at the Milford Michigan Proving Grounds over a decade ago. His passion has always been Corvette’s and finally 4 children later it was decided now is the time….well my mother actually said now is the time to enjoy themselves! :clap

Their car is a 2007 Atomic Orange w/ Cashmere interior, A6, 3LT and factory chrome wheels, which happens to be exactly same options as my 2006 MR/Ebony.

Yes, it is my mother’s car, but pops will be driving it, putting gas in it and washing it! :huh

I still remember the day he drove home a pre production ZR1 home and took turns taking me and my friends for rides…which made me cool man on the block. I am so happy to see them with something that they have worked so hard for and after all the sacrifices this is something they truly deserve!

Yeah...yeah…yeah…I know the drill…..so here are the pictures.

Wave to the members of ACE!

parentsc6008rn4.jpg

Cashmere interior

parentsc6010py9.jpg

C6 meet your little brother!

parentsc6018ol4.jpg

Twins of a different color!

parentsc6026nf0.jpg

As a bonus here is a picture that was taken prior to my father retiring. This is the 1992 1,000,000 Corvette that is featured in the Corvette Museum….the guy located in front of the passenger side rear tire is the legendary John Heinracy my father’s former boss.

daddyuq2.jpg

Order a C6? Actually she did! A 2007 Atomic Orange C6 was ordered from Larry Danduran in New Rockford, ND in April, built on 5/14 and delivered on 5/31 (a week late)...thanks to the plant pulling it for a quality control check :angry .

My father retired from GM’s Corvette Division at the Milford Michigan Proving Grounds over a decade ago. His passion has always been Corvette’s and finally 4 children later it was decided now is the time….well my mother actually said now is the time to enjoy themselves! :clap

Their car is a 2007 Atomic Orange w/ Cashmere interior, A6, 3LT and factory chrome wheels, which happens to be exactly same options as my 2006 MR/Ebony.

Yes, it is my mother’s car, but pops will be driving it, putting gas in it and washing it! :huh

I still remember the day he drove home a pre production ZR1 home and took turns taking me and my friends for rides…which made me cool man on the block. I am so happy to see them with something that they have worked so hard for and after all the sacrifices this is something they truly deserve!

parentsc6008rn4.jpg

As a bonus here is a picture that was taken prior to my father retiring. This is the 1992 1,000,000 Corvette that is featured in the Corvette Museum….the guy located in front of the passenger side rear tire is the legendary John Heinracy my father’s former boss.

daddyuq2.jpg

Congrats to your folks, they look like they are happy as all get out. On another note, am I the only one who thinks it looks like most of the people in the photo above have had their heads photoshopped in the picture? Most of them look just a bit too big for their bodies :lol

Congrats to Mom and Dad! :thumbs

Now get him on the forum and out to an upcoming event.

parentsc6008rn4.jpg

daddyuq2.jpg

Congrats to your folks, they look like they are happy as all get out. On another note, am I the only one who thinks it looks like most of the people in the photo above have had their heads photoshopped in the picture? Most of them look just a bit too big for their bodies :lol

Since that photo was taken 15 years ago I can guarantee that their bodies have caught up with their heads :lol .

Congrats to Mom and Dad! :thumbs

Now get him on the forum and out to an upcoming event.

I am already working on it.....along with getting myself out to some events :thumbs .

Desertdawg

Very Cool story Andre, thanks for sharing with us.... :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

I hope to meet your parents and you at an upcoming event!!!!

Very cool that is one awesome vette! Thanks to your dad for all his years of service and best wishes for many joyful years of retirement. :thumbs

Thanks for all the kind words!!!

This week I will drive out to pick up and use their C6 until I get a new roof!!! My roof delaminated and it is currently duct taped to hold it on to the frame! For all you 05 and 06 owners the recall to inject the foam adhesive is a joke. Be careful and listen for creaking noises in the roof.....wish GM would have provided a new top instead of prolonging it with foam adhesive :rant.

This week I will drive out to pick up and use their C6 until I get a new roof!!! My roof delaminated and it is currently duct taped to hold it on to the frame! For all you 05 and 06 owners the recall to inject the foam adhesive is a joke. Be careful and listen for creaking noises in the roof.....wish GM would have provided a new top instead of prolonging it with foam adhesive :rant.

Is GM paying for the roof now?

Ive been lucky so far I still have my origional painted top and its spent its fair share of time in the hot sun :xfinger

Is GM paying for the roof now?

Yup, GM is paying for a new SMC roof. They ordered it Friday and it should be here Wednesday, but it could take a week or so for the body shop to get to it and color match the Monty Red. No way am I leaving my car there with no roof on it for over a week. The dealership will provide a rental if I leave my car there.....NOT.

Ive been lucky so far I still have my origional painted top and its spent its fair share of time in the hot sun :xfinger

I thought I was lucky as I had no problems until last Thursday.....heard the crunching, moaning and creaking as I pulled out of my driveway and the "Titanic" type sounds lasted for several minutes while driving to work!

Hate to sound negative, but I think every 05 and 06 C6 with a painted top will fail at some point :bang

mine was injected with foam adhesive on June 5th 2006. I do hear the pop and cracking every now and then. It seem it is only when I first drive out the drive way for the first time then I never hear it again.

Mine snap, crackles and pops especially when it's sat out in the heat for awhile.

I thought I was lucky as I had no problems until last Thursday.....heard the crunching, moaning and creaking as I pulled out of my driveway and the "Titanic" type sounds lasted for several minutes while driving to work!

Hate to sound negative, but I think every 05 and 06 C6 with a painted top will fail at some point :bang

I guess I'll have to get around to it one of these days at least I have the clear top also in case it does happen