Azps Oil Cap Valve Cover Breather Filters!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Thats right guys! We have these bitchin pieces setup to replace the oil cap for you guys with too much crank case pressure / blowing out the dip stick, or those who just want to vent the engine a bit better! Also you can bet we did plenty of testing with these to make sure oil doesnt make its way out!

The first run will be available in chrome (pictured) black anodized and satin! If demand is there, we will make other colors as well! Production models will NOT use K&N filters, but will have an identicle piece... this is our prototype test piece and we had K&N lying around so it did the job!

These great pieces use OE GM O-rings for a perfect seal, and are IDENTICLE to the bottom of the GM oil cap for perfect fit! We can also sell the matching passanger side filter which clamps on to the nipple on the rear of the valve cover!

Price TBA shortly depending on demand for these...

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

Desertdawg

Will this do anything to help the oil that ends up in my stock intake????

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Will this do anything to help the oil that ends up in my stock intake????

It sure will! this serves the same purpose as a catch can... basically you get to plug off the hole on the side of your intake manifold and this is now the fresh air source for your valve covers!

Desertdawg

So how much???? :toetap

I would prefer RED of course, but if all you do is shiny, then I won't complain.

At least it won't be black! :bang

Guest AZ Power & Sound
So how much???? :toetap

I would prefer RED of course, but if all you do is shiny, then I won't complain.

At least it won't be black! :bang

Im taking votes on colors wanted... we did the prototypes in chrome because its nifty looking, but plan on doing at least black anodize... red is an easy option in addition to satin! I may even try a carbon fiber for fun!

Pricing is TBA... if I buy a lot I get a much cheaper price... im hoping for an opening order of 150+ (dealers are going to want these) so we will see.

hmmm that engine bay looks familiar...... dam I need to do some detailing!!!

Oh Jack, Oh Jack, that can't be your bay...say it ain't so. If you need counseling ...well you know where i live!!! Good luck...I know you can pull through this!!! :lol:angel

Ya know, I was just going to comment on how dirty that engine is. :lol

My question is this: won't this allow unmetered air to enter the enging causing a lean condition? When I put a breather on the rear port of my right side valve cover I could hear the air being pulled in through it and it was causing a lean condition and check engine light (don't remember the code off the top of my head). Once I put a vaccum cap back on it, all was good again.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Ya know, I was just going to comment on how dirty that engine is. :lol

My question is this: won't this allow unmetered air to enter the enging causing a lean condition? When I put a breather on the rear port of my right side valve cover I could hear the air being pulled in through it and it was causing a lean condition and check engine light (don't remember the code off the top of my head). Once I put a vaccum cap back on it, all was good again.

the vacuum port on the intake will be blocked off which is the only vacuum source...

if youre getting air through the valve cover you have a hole in your piston ;)

anmracing2

Can this be used in conjunction with the 710 catch can????

How many Yeller's will Mike have to order?????? :D

Andrew

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Can this be used in conjunction with the 710 catch can????

How many Yeller's will Mike have to order?????? :D

Andrew

You wont need a catch can if you have this... the port to the intake manifold will be blocked off and no longer used :) buy this, sell the catch can!

Oh Jack, Oh Jack, that can't be your bay...say it ain't so. If you need counseling ...well you know where i live!!! Good luck...I know you can pull through this!!! :lol:angel

In my defense I'd like to say that its been sitting in the bodyshop for the past two weeks getting the z06 fenders installed and damn near half the car painted. :eek and this picture was taken when I stopped by on the way home to have mike change the oil in the supercharger. You can see his fingerprints on the rail cover too.

me and my dirty hands :devil

no worries mike sorry for the hijack :D those filters do look sweet!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Mike, will these valve cover breather filters work on our Z?

And by the way, are our ported heads and manifold on the way yet??? :xfinger

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Unfortunately you guys have a sealed system with the dry sump :(

I will call on the heads and intake today!

Robert and Elizabeth

Unfortunately you guys have a sealed system with the dry sump :(

I will call on the heads and intake today!

Cool, thanks Mike!

I'd buy one of those instead of a catch can in a heart beat. Depending on price of course. I've seen them for $50-$70 which is crazy IMO.

Desertdawg

Yeah I would rather have this breather instead of the catch can too. just waiting to see what the price is going to be...