This Friday Or Saturday.

TEXAZC6

Anyone intersted in hitting either of the tracks this weekend? I need to get a few baseline runs layed down after some mods and before some more. :burnout

I might be down for a Friday night. Have to see how the week goes. Saturday is out for me. Speed world would be my choice as I'm on the west side already.

But damn, that means I need a new helmet. Anyone one know where I could get a legal one cheap?

Guest UVETTYA

I'm up for Speedworld this Saturday night. Friday doesn't work for me because I have to work Saturday.

Desertdawg

Why is this in the racing section instead of the events section???

want it moved???

I wish I could go, but being in a vert I will have to wait for a club day, and a slower work schedule :banghead

there's a great helmet shop here in town ..

http://www.helmetharbor.com

Got my Scorpion helmet there for ~$100.. NHRA legal an all.

They have a bazillion to choose from, and can order anything out there.

-Frank

oh .. saturday nite would be fun to make a few passes at Speedworld.

All Vehicles Welcome! Time Only Program.

All enter at Happy Valley Road.

Gates open at 7PM and we race till MIDNIGHT!!!

$20.00 Car and Driver/ $10.00 Per Spectators

-evil grin-

-Frank

oh .. saturday nite would be fun to make a few passes at Speedworld.

All Vehicles Welcome! Time Only Program.

$20.00 Car and Driver/ $10.00 Per Spectators

-evil grin-

-Frank

Frank, are they in town? I could not find an address on their website.

The Helmet Harbor LLC (MAP)

511 W. Guadalupe Rd. Suite #4

Gilbert, AZ 85233

Retail Store Hours

Retail Store Hours: Tuesday - Saturday (10am - 6pm) (SEE ABOVE TIME)

Toll Free: 1-(866) 303-9786 (Orders Only Please).

Local: (480) 635-1005 **If you get voice mail, we are with customers in the store, or on the phone. Due to the high volume, please leave a message and we will return your call.

Main Office Hours (Order Status/Shipping/Credit)

Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm (SEE ABOVE TIME)

(480) 635-1009

The Helmet Harbor LLC (MAP)

511 W. Guadalupe Rd. Suite #4

Gilbert, AZ 85233

Retail Store Hours

Retail Store Hours: Tuesday - Saturday (10am - 6pm) (SEE ABOVE TIME)

Toll Free: 1-(866) 303-9786 (Orders Only Please).

Local: (480) 635-1005 **If you get voice mail, we are with customers in the store, or on the phone. Due to the high volume, please leave a message and we will return your call.

Main Office Hours (Order Status/Shipping/Credit)

Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm (SEE ABOVE TIME)

(480) 635-1009

Wow...Gilbert????

Anything on this side of town? :toetap

Why is this in the racing section instead of the events section???

want it moved???

I wish I could go, but being in a vert I will have to wait for a club day, and a slower work schedule :banghead

Uh cause it is about racing????? :crazy

You can move it if you want but since there is no form date (although that is two takers for Saturday and one "maybe" for Friday") I'm not sure we have that figured out yet. If the 2 for Saturday are definite then you can put it on the calendar for then.

Desertdawg

It's not a bad thing, and I'm not trying to be picky.....

But you are setting up an event!

This section was more for bragging... :burnout

It's not a bad thing, and I'm not trying to be picky.....

But you are setting up an event!

This section was more for bragging... :burnout

Just foolin around anyway. :D

Guess I shouldn't be in this section then since I keep my bravado in my other pants. :leaving

Looks like they have an event going on Saturday anyway and won't get started until after 8 pm:

Jun 2nd Sat Night 8PM Suicidal Trenz presents: King of the Street! Street Legal exciting event www.suicidaltrenz.com

Looks like Friday at Firebird is the only thing doable.

"All Vehicles Welcome! Time Only Program.

$20.00 Car and Driver/ $10.00 Per Spectators"

The above is the 'King of the Street' event .. its all time only, perfect for workin with your car, no worries about makin the 'finals' or actual racin unless you set a race up with someone.

ANd ya .. that helmet place is in Gilbert. .. what ..

..you dont *want* to drive your Vette now?

-grin-

-Frank

(still smile every time I get into it)

.. what ..

..you dont *want* to drive your Vette now?

-grin-

-Frank

(still smile every time I get into it)

Considering I work til around 4 everyday, have kids to worry about before the wife gets home, a trip to Gilbert isn't in the cards and be able to go race too.

My grin is even bigger than it used to be every time I get in mine btw...that new sound is AWESOME. :lol

Where do we stand on this? I found THIS and need to know if I should go pick one up tomorrow afternoon. :devil

Hmmm, using Dexonline, seems at least 3 motorcylce shops link to the same site. Strange. :crazy

Where do we stand on this? I found THIS and need to know if I should go pick one up tomorrow afternoon. :devil

Hmmm, using Dexonline, seems at least 3 motorcylce shops link to the same site. Strange. :crazy

Lots of helmets are Snell approved, the key is do that have a Snell stamp or sticker in it? Lot of company say there helmets meet or exceed Snell 2005 standards. But they do not spend the money to have them tested and get the rights to put the Snell stamp or label in the helmet. How do I know this, I got screwed . Just my 2cents.

Yup, NHRA legal means its got the Snell stamp on a label or right into the fiberglass of the headpeice-liner. Won't find it on a $30 helmet (unless you find one at a yard sale or in the classifieds/craigslist)

I've got a .. er .. ahem .. 'fat' head .. so I hadda go buy a new one :)

-Frank

I've got a .. er .. ahem .. 'fat' head .. so I hadda go buy a new one :)

-Frank

My head isn't so small either. :lol

I'll go look today. There's a motorcycle shop at 310 N. Dysart.

But still, where do we stand on the racing this weekend?

Firebird tonight. Gates open at 6, racing at 7.

Well crap. I can't make it all the way out to Firebird by then. Anyone doing speedworld instead?

Yes.

Was glad to see ya there ..

..Speedworld was a frik-kin ZOO tonite.

Fist fight over by the band stand I heard.

I got in line to go in about 8pm .. made my 3rd and last pass at ohhh ..

..2 frik-kin AM. I dint know there were so many trash-can muffled Honda's in Phoenix!

Classic street racer BS ..had a young guy with his groupies decide to harass the old man ..

..'what ya run in your Vette?' he asks.

"14.30's tonite" I replied.

(a 14.31, and a 14.32 .. back to back .. I can win in brackets with that)

'Dam homy, there's hatchbacks that run that' with a few chuckles from the peanut gallery.

'Not *stock* they don't'

-Silence- .. and they walked off.

Right after that Glenn's Vette made a pass.

Din't have a chance to say hiya to him, had some come up thinkin my black coupe was his .. LOL.. one guy even wanted to see under the hood 'cause he dint beleive he had the wrong C-5 coupe :)

I had intended to work on my tree skills .. and I did just that ..learning what I need to do to get mean on the lights.

I know I can run consistent in the car now, warming it to 200 coolant temp, she lays down very consistent runs back to back, with outside air bumping ET's down a tenth for a 20 degree temp drop in ambient air..

..If I shallow stage, up on the converter at 1k, use foot on the brake and other on the gas .. leave as the last yellow just begins to glow..my best r/t is .3's .. too slow to be competitive in brackets.

So ..lights are .5 apart.

I need to focus on the 2nd to last yellow, and do a 1 count then go.. I thought.

Drew the red-eye .. but .. was .09 early.. that's *close*

So .. I did a 1-2 count on the 2nd to last yellow (fast count for sure)

..red lighted again .. but .. was .012 ... yassir .. I am almost there.

A fast 3 count should net me into the green and around .05.

I can be competitive with this car and reaction times in that area.

-evil grin- .. of course .. I will have to re-adjust when I put some sticky tires in back.

Oh ya .. I 'tree'd' every single opponent badly tonite.

Felt good to be back :)

-Frank

(dint even take the camera out of the car, was busy chattin with some of the racers there .. some nice cars sprinkled thru the mix. ..a hilborn injected '62 nova was interesting :) .. been a long time since I have seen those stacks pokin thru the hood of a nice lookin car :)

Desertdawg

Believe me, Firebird is really no better after 9pm... lines around the tower, and more rice than a chinese deli.

Yeah, I saw Frank amongst the throng Saturday night.

I managed 6 passes though. I got the good staging lanes. :lol

My times were not nearly as consistent as Franks though. Low was 13.474 and high was 13.841. Traction was my biggest downfall. Speedworld track prep sucksazz for sure. I can go anyhwere on any street in Phoenix and not lose traction from a dead stop in a straight line. However, I was spinning at speedworld? I even dropped rear air pressure down to 20lbs.

Only time I got good traction was when I was 4th car in line after a fresh "reglue" or whatever it is they do. That was also my 13.474 run. Probably only got .5 to 1 full rotation of tires before they hooked up.

My best tree was .202. Got a lot of work to do there.

Did have fun but what a zoo. I finally left about 1145. Didn't run into any "a"holes like Frank though. I did see Glen (ICULUKIN). He's still po'd about that thread and he didn't seem to want to talk much.

Can't wait for the next one...hopefully with fewer ricers and more vettes out there. :lol Think Frank, Glenn and I were the only ones.