I Got A Ticket

Guest UVETTYA

Steve, yes it does offend me when people talk badly about LE that are doing their job. Personally how he went about it was maybe not how I would have done it. I also think that how he got into traffic was not your concern as he was way behind you. There may have been others that should have been disturbed but you weren't in any danger. I have no idea why he had you get out as that's when he put you in danger.

The thing that people forget and don't make allowances for is cops are human. Yes, they occassionally disobey the same laws they are paid to enforce. I have received citations for breaking traffic laws while I was a cop and accepted them because I was wrong. If I had felt I wasn't guilty I'd have fought the ticket. That said, yes I have gotten a free pass more often than being cited. That's known as professional courtesy. When people complain I just ask if you would want to rely on a guy you wrote a ticket to for a backup in a life threatening situation? Every profession I know of has some type of courtesy. I've never known a Doctor to get a bill from another Doctor. Construction workers regularly trade labor when building homes. We could go on and on.

Your rant was really for nothing as you might as well wipe your ass with a repair order. Sign the back of it and go on with your life.

If you need to get your Vette re-tinted I am using Chris 623-04-9615. He's the guy Mike at AZP&S recommends.

The above considered Steve I am also adult enough to accept your apology and please understand I still respect you as a friend.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• nort99

Mike said: Got to love the glad bags.

:agree Just ask Dawg, he's had his in a few purses from what I hear :devil:devil I just wouldn't want to be a cop walking up to a car that I could not see what's going on inside unless it said "Girls Gone Wild" on the side! :crazy

Guest UVETTYA
The above considered Steve I am also adult enough to accept your apology and please understand I still respect you as a friend.

Eddie, thanks.

Nuff said about that, I guess. :thumbs

And being the responsible, law abiding citizen that I now am, I have complied with the local constabulary's edict to remove the coolest looking tint, from the coolest looking (and fastest) Vette in Surprise AZ. :thumbs

Thanks for the number Eddie, I was about to do a search. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
If you need to get your Vette re-tinted I am using Chris 623-04-9615. He's the guy Mike at AZP&S recommends.

Can you check that number again Eddie? :huh

Can you check that number again Eddie? :huh

623-204-9615 sorry, fat fingers :lol

623-204-9615 sorry, fat fingers :lol

As long as they fit in a donut hole, you're good. :lol

Never met a doughnut I didn't like! :thumbs

Sorry I meant to quote not edit your post

Back to the original important question... "what size is small?" :D

Ron don't leave me an opening like that!!! Are you intentionally trying to get me banned??? :lol

There's a site that involves dwarfs but you'll have to find that for yourself :leaving

Be thankful all you were written up for was tinted glass...try reckless driving, a criminal offense...for doing donuts in an empty, well lit parking lot at night. Luckily I never backed down, had my day in court, and WON.

I'm not nor have ever been a cop and I've never met one I didn't like either. :lol

Desertdawg
As Dalton always says: Be nice. :)

Lately it's been "find the movie quote" Nice one Steve!!!!

I always believed in the roll your windows down early trick too, so far so good!!!!

But then I wasn't driving a black vette, so when they pull me over they know I'm not a dastardly citizen... :devil

Sorry to see you were messed with Steve, at least you weren't at triple digits!!!

Guest UVETTYA
Be thankful all you were written up for was tinted glass...try reckless driving, a criminal offense...for doing donuts in an empty, well lit parking lot at night. Luckily I never backed down, had my day in court, and WON.

Wow, that's great you got off. How did you manage to do that? I may need to know some day... :lol

Tinted the back window way black ..'limo' tint they call it.

Sides are lighter than the legal limit, but still pretty dark :)

Not legal to tint the windshield I heard (from the guy who did mine)

..plus now an then he says the windshield breaks from use of the heat gun while puttin the tint on, due to it being a sandwich glass laminate.

I hadda .. its a rule if you own a black vette.

-grin-

DSC02037.jpg

-Frank

Just FYI Steve I had lunch with my DPS contact today. Mentioned you got a repair order for tint. His comment was "Tell him he can wipe his ass with it and then toss it in the can". He said they don't track them and they basically a scare tactic. I guess in this case it worked cause you got it retinted huh?

Sorry, I couldn't help stirring the pot again :D

Guest UVETTYA
Just FYI Steve I had lunch with my DPS contact today. Mentioned you got a repair order for tint. His comment was "Tell him he can wipe his ass with it and then toss it in the can". He said they don't track them and they basically a scare tactic. I guess in this case it worked cause you got it retinted huh?

Figures. :toetap

But thanks for the info, Eddie. I'll remember that if I get stopped for it again, because I put 27% back on, mostly because I'm a rebel. :lol

And tell your DPS buddies that whether or not it's true, we think the only reason they hassle us for this kind of crap is because they have small penises. :yesnod (pot re-stirred) :lol

Figures. :toetap

But thanks for the info, Eddie. I'll remember that if I get stopped for it again, because I put 27% back on, mostly because I'm a rebel. :lol

And tell your DPS buddies that whether or not it's true, we think the only reason they hassle us for this kind of crap is because they have small penises. :yesnod (pot re-stirred) :lol

Back doesn't matter. You can have limo on every window but the driver's and passenger's doors if you want.

Chris just got done with mine and it's AZ legal on the doors and medium (I assume 27%) on the hatch.

I'll pass your message on but don't be surprised if you have a lot of "personal" contact with DPS after I do. :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA
I'll pass your message on but don't be surprised if you have a lot of "personal" contact with DPS after I do. :lol:lol

That's ok. Tell them to go ahead and pull me over. That way we can tell which ones have a small penis. :lol

That's ok. Tell them to go ahead and pull me over. That way we can tell which ones have a small penis. :lol

Definition of small please as I'm afraid the wife may be right! :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Definition of small please as I'm afraid the wife may be right! :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

If you have to ask , well then..... :leaving:lol

ebalentine
Got to love the glad bags. :lol:lol

I wonder if you can get a ticket for having one of those license plate covers that deflect the photo radar cameras?