I Got A Ticket

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

We were on I-10 just south of Riggs Road yesterday (doing the speed limit) when we passed DPS sitting on the side of the road. He pulled out, talied me while he ran my plate, then pulled me over. When he came up to the window he said he stopped me because my window tint was too dark, and proceeded to write me a ticket.

Honestly! :eek I'm not joking!

I wish DPS would screen out the guys with small penis syndrome.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• nort99

Holy crap, I was just going out for a ride just because I am bored. Hell I am going anyway. Sorry about the ticket. :U

Guest racingchester

How many points? Did he have his limo tint sunglasses on? Can you do a defensive tint class? That sux - good luck. Chuck

Speedratchet

Sorry to hear that Steve. Are you going to window tint school to get out of it? :lol

in all cerial ness

If you need help removing the tint....

I know a few tricks of the trade.

Marana Rich

And I was going to get mine tinted, passenger side especially. How dark is/was yours?

First off I agree 100% that that is a ticket based on chicken poop. That said, were your windows AZ legal tint? If they weren't then what are you complaining about.

Have you ever approached a vehicle after stopping it and not known who might be in it and whether or not they want to harm you? Again, if you haven't it's not a good feeling. The tint law was written for a reason and I don't think you or the general public have a clue why. You can say "I'd never harm a LE officer" but they don't have a clue who you are when they stop you. Just because you drive a Corvette doesn't mean you're not waiting to shoot their azz as they approach. You might be the guy that just stole Steve's Vette and don't want to go back to prison.

Lastly, why does everyone have to resort to personal attacks against LE when they get a ticket that they deserve? Why does this guy have small penis syndrome? Because he was doing the job he is paid to do? If you do the job you're paid to do does that mean you're suffering from the same syndrome?

Lastly, why does everyone have to resort to personal attacks against LE when they get a ticket that they deserve? Why does this guy have small penis syndrome? Because he was doing the job he is paid to do? If you do the job you're paid to do does that mean you're suffering from the same syndrome?

did he really deserve it? did the officer use a METER to measure the light coming through the window?

from a legal aspect, can they just look at it and say that it's too dark? if he didn't measure the light, perhaps you should try to fight it? :bang

i guess you should answer the question......are your windows darker than legal? :huh

Leave it to the former LE guy to poop on the sympathy parade. j/k Eddie. :lol

I know if I were a cop I would not want to walk up to a car like that. Especially after watching those police vids on TV.

Sux on the ticket Steve. :( Guess when I get mine tinted I better get the legal kind...but I've had the top out since it warmed up, so I guess I don't even need it. :lol The rear would be nice though. :thumbs

Guest 1FASTC4

I have darker than legal tint and do not want to get a ticket for it. The time or two I've been pulled over, I rolled down the windows as soon as I saw the siren. I also keep my hands in plain sight, an officer who is not worried about possible threats just might be more likely to let you go(no proof, just a hunch).

Another silly but interesting fact: Take your sunglasses off and smile a greeting. The eyes are the window to the soul and people are a bit more likely to be friendly if they can see your eyes. As Dalton always says: Be nice. :)

I think, but am not sure, that the back window can be darker than the door windows.

Edit: I know a guy here in town who drives a black corvette and has tinted his windshield. Not just the sunscreen area, the whole thing.

Steve, I am sorry you got a ticket. IMHO window tint should not be a primary reason to stop someone and I think the officer may have been too.....strict... if you will.

did he really deserve it? did the officer use a METER to measure the light coming through the window?

from a legal aspect, can they just look at it and say that it's too dark? if he didn't measure the light, perhaps you should try to fight it? :bang

i guess you should answer the question......are your windows darker than legal? :huh

I've seen Steve's windows (yesterday as a matter of fact) and I can tell you they aren't legal tint. I'll ask the question I asked my youngest son when he did his with limo tint, "what do you really accomplish". Lets see, I have to put my window down any time I back up, especially at night. I have to quickly put my windows down every time I see a cop (Steve obviously wasn't quick enough). But boy I look cool driving down the road with 30-50% heavier tint.

Don't get me wrong, when in LE I would never have written that ticket but I support the cop's right to do so. I have no complaint with people complaining about the law but don't attack the cop for doing his job. He doesn't write the law, just enforces it. Guaranteed if enough people lobbied the legislature they could override the LE concerns and the legislature would overturn the law. Yes, it would take an overwhelming number of people but it could be done. I worked the streets before the law was passed and I'll challenge any of you "tough guys" to approach a vehicle with limo tint not knowing if you'll be shot or not. Bottom line, how tough is it to just comply with this law whether you agree or not?

Back to your question about the officer having a meter. I doubt he did but anybody can visually look and tell if they were considerably darker than legal. There are only three levels of tint and I'll pick em out 99 out of 100 times visually.

I'm not sure everyone knows but the law only applies to the drivers and passenger window. I'm having mine done next week and I'm doing legal on the doors and medium on the back. You can do whatever you want behind the front door windows.

Marana Rich

I do believe the law was passed for safety reasons, in that the dark glass would limit vision, especially at night, therefore there is a limit on how dark the front, left and right front windows can be.

Ah, Eddie was quicker on the draw, and pretty much said what I did in his reply.

Robert and Elizabeth

It is the front seat windows that need to be of legal tint. The rear seat and hatchback can be darker if wanted. We know this because of the tinting on our Denali. The dealer made the back seat windows and rear flip-up window much darker than the front seat windows. Our Z is legal all around.

Steve, I really feel for you. Any ticket sux. But, if your front windows were darker than legal, then IMHO the LEO was justified in pulling you over and ticketing you. His #1 job is to keep citizens and himself safe, and darker than legal tint has been proven to not be as safe as legal tint. The reasons why were mentioned earlier by Eddie and Yuma Rich.

Guest UVETTYA
First off I agree 100% that that is a ticket based on chicken poop. That said, were your windows AZ legal tint? If they weren't then what are you complaining about.

Have you ever approached a vehicle after stopping it and not known who might be in it and whether or not they want to harm you? Again, if you haven't it's not a good feeling. The tint law was written for a reason and I don't think you or the general public have a clue why. You can say "I'd never harm a LE officer" but they don't have a clue who you are when they stop you. Just because you drive a Corvette doesn't mean you're not waiting to shoot their azz as they approach. You might be the guy that just stole Steve's Vette and don't want to go back to prison.

Eddie, don't take it personal. Sheesh. There are good cops and bad cops and we know you were one of the good ones. :thumbs I made the comment because the guy was a dick for pulling me over FOR THAT REASON ALONE.

If he had stopped me for a moving violation, THEN I could understand checking my tint, but I would only do that myself if they guy I was stopping was being a jerk, so the comment is perfectly valid and aptly applies to this big guy with a big gun and a big tazer, who obviously has issues with his penis size and who makes bad decisions.

This monkey pulled out onto the freeway in heavy traffic rolling 70 to 75mph, then made everyon panic when he gunned it to catch up with me. I watched in the mirror as people dove from lane to lane to get out of his way. He put my life, my wife's life, his own life and the lives of dozens of innocent citizens in jeopardy, and caused a huge traffic backup, by pulling me over under these conditions. He made me get out of my car (that was fun) and stand on the side of the freeway for 10 minutes while traffic wizzed by. Then he told me to be careful getting back into my car (again, lots of fun) and then trying to find an opening in traffic so I could get back on the freeway.

Not cool. :toetap

The whole scenario was pretty lame if you ask me. If you've ever watched an episode of COPS, you've probably seen some moron plow into the rear of a DPS car while he had someone pulled over for a traffic violation. The actions of this DPS officer were mindlessley irresponsible and if I could control how my tax dollars are being spent, jerks like this guy as well as those cops who were caught drag racing, would be sweeping floors instead of patrolling the streets looking for "bad guys."

As a witness to his lack of competency, he misspelled my name on the ticket. I don't have a clue who Steven Nick is.

I guess all I could say Steve is... if you're not guilty fight it otherwise you play you pay. Let's just agree to disagree.

BTW, I think this is Steven Nick. Oh wait, that's Stevie Nicks

Guest Z01Mike
We were on I-10 just south of Riggs Road yesterday (doing the speed limit) when we passed DPS sitting on the side of the road. He pulled out, talied me while he ran my plate, then pulled me over. When he came up to the window he said he stopped me because my window tint was too dark, and proceeded to write me a ticket.

Honestly! :eek I'm not joking!

I wish DPS would screen out the guys with small penis syndrome.

i had the same thing happen a few weeks ago coming back fromPal Springs in my Escalade

Guest UVETTYA
I guess all I could say Steve is... if you're not guilty fight it otherwise you play you pay. Let's just agree to disagree.

BTW, I think this is Steven Nick. Oh wait, that's Stevie Nicks

We agree the guy was a dick and shouldn't have written the ticket for just that. What we disagree on is whether or not he has a small penis. :lol

My tint is obviously darker than legal, so by the letter of the law, yes, he had every right to site me. Stopping me for that alone in heavy freeway traffic was not a good decision, IMO. And, do you suppose he lives his life in an exemplary manner, never ever breaking any law, regardless of how simple it may be? If so, then I have no problem with him siting me for this. But we both know that is probably not the case, and he probably breaks just as many of these "fringe" laws as any "law abiding citizen." And that's why I say he's probably not only a hypocrite but he lacks better judgment and/or the ability to make good decisions, even in non life-threatening situations. I don't want those kind of people "protecting" me. I think he saw us cruising around in our shiny black Corvette on a Sunday afternoon - while he has to work - and he was jealous.

But, it was not wise, nor prudent to stop me then and there for that reason alone, when it was very dangerous to himself and others, and that's my complaint. In fact, now that I've had time to think it through more, I think a letter or two is in order. Other than my Congressman and the Governor, who else would be good to copy, Eddie?

BTW, he did have a meter and it tested at 14%. Legal is 35% so I am definitely a "bad guy." :bang

Guest UVETTYA

Here's the TICIKET

I folded it over to cover my personal info, but I'm curious... he didn't ask me to sign it, so is this just a warning, or is it a repair order? :huh

I suppose I can sign it myself if I repair it myself, right?

Guest UVETTYA
i had the same thing happen a few weeks ago coming back fromPal Springs in my Escalade

Was it a "warning" or an "equipment repair order?"

Did you have to sign it?

I'm wondering about mine now. Was it a warning or a repair order? Is there a difference? The instructions at the bottom say if it's a repair order then I have to mail a copy of the certificate of correction to DPS within 5 days, but it doesn't offer instructions if it's only a warning. :huh

Hey, it's not a "ticket" as it were. :thumbs All you have to do is get her "fixed," then prove it, and you're off the hook. Although paying for tint removal/re-install will cost. :lol

It says specifically its a Repair order, must be fixed and documents mailed within 5 days. And must be signed and mailed after it has been fixed. If its not taken care of and mail in 5 days, it could turn into something alot worse.

I received a similar Repair order for one of those license plate covers and I had to goto the office and tell them it was fixed. They never really checke to see if it was fixed.

My vette is legally tinted but my H2 is not... And it is too dark for night driving. Im going to have it fixed this week, I have had it on for just over a year with no ticket, knock on wood.

Guest UVETTYA

Two things...

First: Eddie, I hope I haven't offended you and I apologize if I have. You're a good guy and I prolly shouldn't have vented like I did.

Second: I just removed my tint, so I'm not a bad guy anymore! :howdy

And third, as an added bonus: This was a piece of cake! I got on Z06Vette.com and did a search for tint and found a post by a guy named Juan Gonzales who lives in Tucson, and I figured if anyone would know tint, this guy would. :lol I was reading horror stories of guys using WD40 and Ammonia and GooGone and making a mess in their car and having the worst of luck. Good ole Juan said "no, just use water. It's a water based adhesive. Squirt water on it, stick a garbage bag to it and let it cook n the sun for awhile, then peel the corner back with a razor blade and pull it off in one piece."

By golly, that works! Adhesive and all came, except for a couple little spots that easily wiped off with a spritz of water and an Adam's micro-fiber towel. :thumbs Thank you Juan!

Now I need tint. :toetap