Our Friday Geography Lesson

Eddie44

I was sitting here on a Friday afternoon and got curious so I looked up where jstrutt lived. Here's a map and a link to a website that tells alot about Southey, SK.

anmracing2

Is there any pix of an ACE shirt in Canada???

The blue is from being to dam_n cold!!!! :D

Andrew

Robert and Elizabeth
The blue is from being to dam_n cold!!!! :D

yeah, remember he is by the north pole!! :lol

Hats off to Eddie! :clap:clap Very well done. You forgot to mention that out of the 980 someodd people 3/4 of them are little kids and we have a Vette population of 4. Mine being the nicest of course....... :smilelol:smilelol As for ACE shirts up here...never seen one but have 2 on order from Phil the only ACE item here is on my website.

Now for all you "know it alls" Regina is not the original name of the city so what was it? And don't tell me about the Queen. The only Queen I beleive in is printed on our $20 bills......... :cone And did you know that there are only 2 places in North America where the clocks do not change an hour for Daylight Savings Time. Yes fellow students, Arizona and Saskatchewan!

Marana Rich
Hats off to Eddie! :clap:clap Very well done. You forgot to mention that out of the 980 someodd people 3/4 of them are little kids and we have a Vette population of 4. Mine being the nicest of course....... :smilelol:smilelol As for ACE shirts up here...never seen one but have 2 on order from Phil the only ACE item here is on my website.

Now for all you "know it alls" Regina is not the original name of the city so what was it? And don't tell me about the Queen. The only Queen I beleive in is printed on our $20 bills......... :cone And did you know that there are only 2 places in North America where the clocks do not change an hour for Daylight Savings Time. Yes fellow students, Arizona and Saskatchewan!

I believe part of Indiana still does not observe daylight savings time. Drove through there one time and stopped for lunch, but had to eat a second breakfast, 45 minutes too early....

Rich

You may be right Rich. Maybe they did once upon a time. The blue on the map are the places that have DST. The orange don't.

Another quick lesson I guess. There are three places in N. America that don't change their clocks for DST. Parts of Indian don't either. 1/2 the state does and 1/2 doesn't.

Desertdawg

I google mapped it 2 days ago for the Heres Where ACE went thread...

Google maps is showing it's about 2,688 km from John's to Phoenix, or to make it sound better it's only 1,669 miles from Phoenix to John's place in Southey, SK, Canada.

(Yeah Google actually shows km for the trek south and miles for the trek north... )

Answer:

Regina was called "Pile of Bones" back in the 1800's.

Long ago huge herds of bison roamed the plains. The Plains Indians and Metis people hunted the animals for food and clothing. They camped on the banks of a creek where they killed many of the bison. The bones were laid in a large pile. So the site became known as Pile O' Bones.

Yer welcome!