Post Tension Slab + 4 Post Lift = Not Gonna Work?

Togo

title should sum it up - any ideas around it?????

are there lifts on casters or something? so i don't have to drill????

anmracing2

Hey Chris,

From what I remember when we were deciding on a lift for our garage, you need a minimun of a four inch slab for the two post lifts. I Don't know about the four post, I would think it to be the same.

Then one day I saw this site.They work much like the Seery Ramps.

There is a company that goes to Barrett Jackson every year that has the four post lifts on casters and look very portable. I don't remember the name but they might be on the BJ website????

The other one that we looked at is almost like a fork lift. I decided against that because I didn't think it would be good for the Vette. Still thinking about it though.....

Small lift.

Andrew

You could always look into a scissors type lift. Can park on top of it when not in use. I have one from Superlifts. The lift is fine but their customer service is very poor.

Technically the four posts don't need to be bolted down but are much safer when bolted. Not sure if the tension slabs can't be drilled into after they set up.

Technically the four posts don't need to be bolted down but are much safer when bolted. Not sure if the tension slabs can't be drilled into after they set up.

they tell you not to drill and /or cut into the slabs once they are set, as it will ruin the structural integrity of the slab!

i really want a lift - with 10ft. garage ceilings, it may be feasable now!!!!

Chris, does this mean you found a new house? And that you'll be hosting the permanent Corvette Saturdays from now on? :toetap

j/k-I am sure that Jackie would go crazy with this group over every weekend....Congrats on your new abode!

M~

Guest Kens06

Chris,

None of the four posts I have researched require permanent mounting!!

In fact the first option is usually 6000# rollers to make it mobile loaded or unloaded!!

The second option is longer ramps to accomodate vehicles with lower ground clearances!!

When we changed out Bryan's tranny at Mikes house in Scottsdale, I don't remember his being permanently mounted!! In fact I kind of remember hitting the posts with a sledge to square them up after we got it elevated...

But that could be a dream too.........

Is this what you are looking at??

I see a mod party coming!!

Ken

we wrote a contract on a house in anthem last weekend - 3 car garage with 10 foot ceilings (the rest of the house it not at all important to me! :-D)

Jackie wouldn't mind you guys being over all the time - in fact, i even asked her about it while we were walking the neighborhood last week!

Ken - that is EXACTLY what i was thinking about - that one on the top - only $1695????? WOO HOO!!!!

Better get that garage floor coated before you start doing fluid changes...we all know how neat you are when it comes to fluid changes!! :lol:leaving

Better get that garage floor coated before you start doing fluid changes...we all know how neat you are when it comes to fluid changes!! :lol:leaving

Yikes! One little incident and noone ever forgets, huh?

Anthem?!? Holy cow that's far for the southsiders....even I'd have to pack a lunch for that trek! :yesnod

congrats again-10 ft ceilings in the garage is the bomb!

M~

:lol

Yikes! One little incident and noone ever forgets, huh?

Anthem?!? Holy cow that's far for the southsiders....even I'd have to pack a lunch for that trek! :yesnod

congrats again-10 ft ceilings in the garage is the bomb!

M~

one?????? :lol

Anthem is a great little community of it's own. My only concern would be traffic getting home on a Friday like yesterday. There were 12 mile backups on I-17 yesterday and that didn't count the 2-4 mile backup on the 101 just to get to I-17.

Next question, will she let you put a urinal in the garage? :D

Anthem is a great little community of it's own. My only concern would be traffic getting home on a Friday like yesterday. There were 12 mile backups on I-17 yesterday and that didn't count the 2-4 mile backup on the 101 just to get to I-17.

i asked her about the urinal too - i'm sure you can guess the look she gave me

i told her that instead then, we could just use the utility sink in the garage :leaving

(we need a smiley ducking from a flying pan!)

Desertdawg

Congrats on the new house Chris... Sure go ahead and move farther away, I think you just wanted to make the Gila Bend cruise more fun for you right????

No urinal in the garage is no problem, we can use the landscape!!!! :smilelol

The off ramp to my home is Happy Valley Road. YOu are welcome to drop by Chris , have a few beers, and wait for traffic fissizle.

congrats.

My wife has a cousin and his family that live in Anthem. Nice area, but the traffic is murder. I-17 really needs to be widened that's for sure.

Congrats on the new house. :thumbs Does all this mean you are keeping the vette?