Fm Transmitter For Mp3 Player

coconut girl

coconut girl

I was going to replace my 1995 stock Bose stereo (cassette only) with a Kenwood out of my 1990 with a USB port. I really love that format. I had a 4GB flash drive. Put it on random and it lasts me a couple of weeks. I do not even know anyone that has cassettes anymore!

Then I was told it would have to be completely rewired for an aftermarket stereo.

I did not like the sound of that, so I am looking at FM transmitters for the MP3 player I have.

I find all kinds on the web.

Has anyone tried this? How does it sound? Does it work out in the boonies where there is no radio reception?What kind do you have?

For my two cents, nothing beats satellite radio. I have Sirius and I would never again bother with regular radio, CDs or MP3 players again. It has all the talk, sports, and endless music of all kinds with no reception problems anywhere in the country. Some of the new models even store 100 hours of your favorite music on them. Many of them plug into your radio input or can also broadcast their own FM signal.

You might consider this option as you won't have to buy any more music.

Marana Rich

There is an adapter you can buy, a dummy cassette that hooks up to a portable mp3 player, and power supply plugs into lighter, so you can play mp3 through your car cassette system. I have it for my wife's 03 Saturn. Don't know if that is an option you considered.

I have mp3 and XM radio in my car now, and don't use the mp3 so much as I thought, with all the options with xm.

Rich

Guest Sidewinder

FM transmitter will work just fine for you. That's how I play my XM through the stereo in my car.

Like Mark I used the FM modulator for XM in my C5 when I had it. Worked great for my ears. Alot of audiophiles will tell you the sound sucks but to my 55 yr old ears it sound great. If you are a real stereo critic I suggest you don't do it but if you're the average person go for it.

coconut girl

Mahalo for the info. everyone.

I thought about satellite, but I don't want to pay the yearly fee and I just finished putting all my CDs (over 200) on my computer.

I did see the cassette adapters on line.

The transmitters are cheap enough. I guess I will try it. What brand did you guys buy?

I will let you know how it works. I have never been impressed with the Bose stereos and that will be a factor on how it sounds.

Now I just need to get my car out of the shop!!!!

Mahalo for the info. everyone.

I thought about satellite, but I don't want to pay the yearly fee and I just finished putting all my CDs (over 200) on my computer.

I did see the cassette adapters on line.

The transmitters are cheap enough. I guess I will try it. What brand did you guys buy?

I will let you know how it works. I have never been impressed with the Bose stereos and that will be a factor on how it sounds.

Now I just need to get my car out of the shop!!!!

i have had a bunch of them and so far my favorite one is the IROCK 450

the few sites i had seen them at before are out - so you might want to check ebay - this particular model will allow use of ANY channel on the "dial"

coconut girl

Thanks Chris-

I am following a couple IROCK 450s on ebay! Current bid is $9.99.

I did not like the sound of that, so I am looking at FM transmitters for the MP3 player I have.

I find all kinds on the web.

Has anyone tried this? How does it sound? Does it work out in the boonies where there is no radio reception?What kind do you have?

I have one made by Belkin -- a small oval shapped one that has it's own patch cord built in. I've used it since 2005 and really like it.

It's still just FM quality at best.

They work better in the boonies, with less competing signals.

You find a dead frequency on your car radio, tune the FM transmitter to that and you hear what is being played through the car radio.

Most FM transmitters have limited frequencies -- usually 88.7 - 89.9 and 106.7 - 107.7. The better ones will let you pick any frequency.

I used to use the chunky radio shack ones, but sitting in traffic all day, it would always start picking up the guys car next to me when using Sirius. Now I have Sirius hardwired via the CD Changer cables (thanks Glenn!) and it's clean and perfect.