Need To Replace My Hood Today

1EvilC5

I am sitting at home re-filling my swimming pool today and I need to get around to swapping my Hood out for the one I purchased a while back. I just do not want to attempt it by myself.

So if anyone does not have anything going on and would like to come by and help, give me a call.

If you want to stop by and look at the new shirts or purchase one, you can also stop by.

Or if you want to stop by and just hang out give me a call and I can give you my address.

Phil...480-326-4456

I am sitting at home re-filling my swimming pool today and I need to get around to swapping my Hood out for the one I purchased a while back. I just do not want to attempt it by myself.

So if anyone does not have anything going on and would like to come by and help, give me a call.

If you want to stop by and look at the new shirts or purchase one, you can also stop by.

Or if you want to stop by and just hang out give me a call and I can give you my address.

Phil...480-326-4456

Aww man, why not next Saturday? Oh well, good luck with all of it.

Will you be at F-1 tomorrow? If so with shirts in tow?

I will be leaving the country next weekend going to Cancun, Mexico for a week vacation.

As for F1 Cart Racing, yes I will be there with Shirts in tow.

Phil... :devil

grrr..

..I have to go 'shopping' .. that whole hunter-gatherer thing.

(I'm outta Coke no less!)

..otherwise would come help an hang out an stuff.

-Frank (dragged kickin an screamin to go 'shop' for food .. ok ok .. I like to pick out what I eat now an then -sheepy grin)

Well a few members have called and Tom said that he will stop by in a while.

As for an update on the pool, it is about 1/2 way filled and I thought I would walk out and check on it. Then I hear a motor running and I say to myself - "Oh Shit" I forgot to remove the auto start screw on the timer. So it has been running a couple of hours without water running thruogh it. :banghead Hopefully it will work when it is all together.

I will post up pictures of the hood on the car when it is all done.

Well a few members have called and Tom said that he will stop by in a while.

As for an update on the pool, it is about 1/2 way filled and I thought I would walk out and check on it. Then I hear a motor running and I say to myself - "Oh Shit" I forgot to remove the auto start screw on the timer. So it has been running a couple of hours without water running thruogh it. :banghead Hopefully it will work when it is all together.

I will post up pictures of the hood on the car when it is all done.

Well the pump will run when you start it back up. The only problem you might have is the shaft seal may leak, if so they are not hard to replace. Just replaced mine a month or so ago. :D

Phil, if the pool is any indication.....leave the hood alone :cheers

Phil, if the pool is any indication.....leave the hood alone :cheers

Funny, you gotta love it. :clap

Well, Mike is a plumber...he should be able to help with the pool motor if it went bad. :lol

I'm home alone with my youngest daughter but really wish I could have come to help with the hood. :toetap:bang

Definitely need some before and after pics of that hood. :thumbs

Thanks to Tom for coming over to help get the hood installed.

Here are a few pictures

It was already mean, now it even looks meanerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

Guest Kens06

Very Sweet Phil!!

MCM has a great product and the fit is the best in the industry!!

Great to release the underhood pressure at speed! :thumbs

Oh that's right, you don't speed! :lol

Uh, it also keeps underhood temps down!!

And looks good!!

Nice job,

Ken

Loud Pedal
Thanks to Tom for coming over to help get the hood installed.

Here are a few pictures

Me likee. Sorry I didn't see this post earlier or I would have come over and lent a hand. ( not sure if that is a good or bad thing though :lol )

Actually I was impressed on the fit and color match and shine for not even being painted to match Phil's car or polished. :thumbs It was rather easy to install, just a little awkward. I thought it looked great and it does look meaner...huh. :devil Oh, and it is rather lite as well...part of the wieght reduction kit . :D

Actually I was impressed on the fit and color match and shine for not even being painted to match Phil's car or polished. :thumbs It was rather easy to install, just a little awkward. I thought it looked great and it does look meaner...huh. :devil Oh, and it is rather lite as well...part of the wieght reduction kit . :D

That's great, but did you fix his pool? :cheers Now where can I get a monster looking hood like that for my BLACK C4? And who will help me put it on when I get to AZ. Yikes, sorry, seems to be a touchy subject. :eek

Very cool looking phil sorry I was outta town camping all weekend I wouldve been glad to give you a hand! :D

Final Effort

That's great, but did you fix his pool? :cheers Now where can I get a monster looking hood like that for my BLACK C4? And who will help me put it on when I get to AZ. Yikes, sorry, seems to be a touchy subject. :eek

Good plan Harry! That way when I get back to the border they won't nail me customs or GST. :thumbs:thumbs

Tom thanks again for stopping by to help with the Hood swap. I do agree that it looks meaner.

I ran the car in the middle of the day and it helped keep the engine temps down. I never saw more then 220. but averaged around 205 on the freeway. Last summer I was seeing around 230 - 235 on the freeway. I recently added a Dewitt radiator that is also helping make the difference.

The pool actually turned out OK. I just was not happy I forgot the little screw. :banghead It is now ready to go swimming again.