CnV Experience

Grayeagle

I had a good exp with CnV.

That said .. you buy a used car, you get a used car.

CnV does go thru the car an make sure everything works.

There was a small tear in the driver seat bolster upholstery,

..they replaced both seats upholstery, they look new.

They also said if there were any problems at all, to bring it in.

-shrug-

I havent had any problems.

(well . . other than the lack of traction at Speedworld)

-Frank

My CnV experience was mixed. I got a beautiful car, no doubt. They also went through the entire car and replaced all the brakes, most of the steering and suspension.

However, they made a huge blemish on the hood they did not fix. I had to do the following after I bought the car that I feel they should have done:

The transmission was leaking and needed all new seals,

The head gasket was leaking and needed to be replaced,

The intake was cracked and leaking water into the #1 runner and oil from the rear seal,

The valve covers were cracked and leaking oil,

The front and rear engine seal were leaking and needed replacing,

A new shifter because the car wouldn't stay in second gear and all the shift rods were bent,

The wiper door was hooked up wrong and did not function,

The vacuum hoses were old and had leaks everywhere,

The cigarette lighter and fiber optics weren't even hooked up,

The oil pan was cracked and leaking oil,

The mufflers are shot and blown out (new ones on order)

There is an exhaust bracket missing so it rattles (I need to install it when my new pipes come in).

It's also missing random bolts and small parts here and there that makes me shake my head. It's not the first old car I've owned, I just forgot about how much attention they need. I kind of imagine someone taking the car apart, putting it back together and having a bunch of little parts left over when they were done.

CnV basically said they would fix those things but I'd have to pay them parts and labor, so I tried to do most of it myself. So, I'm happy to have a Vette but I'm disappointed that my new car has needed so much work the day I drove it home.

I think I'll be a much smarter buyer next time. I THINK I am almost done fixing the car (until something breaks).

:D

My experience was good one. They fixed what I ask them to and fixed it right. I enjoyed that car a bunch, but not as much as I enjoy this one.

All in all, I would still consider buying another car there since they have practically every older Vette in AZ. I would just be more active in inspections and finding anything that needed to be fixed prior to delivery.

-ouch- Ted.. I too would have thought they'd make sure cracked intake, head gasket, shifter etc was corrected .. tuff to spot unless you drive it and do a compression check :(

-Frank

My CnV experience was mixed. I got a beautiful car, no doubt. They also went through the entire car and replaced all the brakes, most of the steering and suspension.

However, they made a huge blemish on the hood they did not fix. I had to do the following after I bought the car that I feel they should have done:

The transmission was leaking and needed all new seals,

The head gasket was leaking and needed to be replaced,

The intake was cracked and leaking water into the #1 runner and oil from the rear seal,

The valve covers were cracked and leaking oil,

The front and rear engine seal were leaking and needed replacing,

A new shifter because the car wouldn't stay in second gear and all the shift rods were bent,

The wiper door was hooked up wrong and did not function,

The vacuum hoses were old and had leaks everywhere,

The cigarette lighter and fiber optics weren't even hooked up,

The oil pan was cracked and leaking oil,

The mufflers are shot and blown out (new ones on order)

There is an exhaust bracket missing so it rattles (I need to install it when my new pipes come in).

It's also missing random bolts and small parts here and there that makes me shake my head. It's not the first old car I've owned, I just forgot about how much attention they need. I kind of imagine someone taking the car apart, putting it back together and having a bunch of little parts left over when they were done.

CnV basically said they would fix those things but I'd have to pay them parts and labor, so I tried to do most of it myself. So, I'm happy to have a Vette but I'm disappointed that my new car has needed so much work the day I drove it home.

I think I'll be a much smarter buyer next time. I THINK I am almost done fixing the car (until something breaks).

:D

At the prices they charge over there I would not be happy with a "to do" list like this. Yeah, they have lot's of cars but you can find much better deals if you do your homework.

Three words, Pro Team Corvette...in OH. They have nothing but top notch vettes of all years. You get what you pay for, they do not sell junk and stand behind their cars 100%.

My problem with buying a Vette from Ohio is that IF I DID have a problem, I'm gonna ship it back there? For how long? I do wanna drive it...

I'm currently in a negotiation with my girlfriend's dad about purchasing his '63 Fuelie SWC. :D

Anyone interested in a very pretty 70 Vert? It has a VERY short to do list! :yesnod

My problem with buying a Vette from Ohio is that IF I DID have a problem, I'm gonna ship it back there? For how long? I do wanna drive it...

I'm currently in a negotiation with my girlfriend's dad about purchasing his '63 Fuelie SWC. :D

Anyone interested in a very pretty 70 Vert? It has a VERY short to do list! :yesnod

?????????????????????????????????

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, what's an SWC???

SWC = Split Window Coupe.

Don't worry Sean, just because he's getting rid of the 70. He's staying in the Vette family.

Well, I tend to talk a lot about things I'd like to do. It often comes across like I'm actually doing them. I'm definitely interested in going from a Stingray to a Sting Ray, just not sure how right now...

You are right about buying from out of state and it may become an issue if you have a problem. I used to live very close to that place in OH and know they only have good quality cars and completely check them out and take care of everything before the car leaves that needs to be done. They have buyers from all the world come to them to buy vettes, they are very well know as a quality used vette dealer and I don;t think they would ever try and cover up or refuse to correct something that was needed to be done. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them on any year vette, just they do want top dollar...but then again you get what you pay for and quality cost money. :yesnod

BTW: NICE 63 :thumbs:thumbs Watch out for that rock on the left when you back it up though...Ouch!

SWC = Split Window Coupe.

Don't worry Sean, just because he's getting rid of the 70. He's staying in the Vette family.

Phew. :lol:lol

Desertdawg

Well I'm on my second vette from CnV, both buying experiences were good, no hassle's.

The 82 CE was pretty much what I expected, it ran great from day one, and the couple of problems I had they fixed without comment. (leaky radiator, leaky tranny pan, and a short in the main batt wire 6 months later).

The C5 went back the same week for new tires and alignment (tires were expected on purchase, just late in arrival, alignment was an added bonus!).

The oil pressure switch went out that same month, but I fixed it myself because I wanted to wrench on the new ride...

Oh and CnV ships plenty of rides overseas also. I think they told me their turnover rate was about 40% most months...

Yeah I would go there again. :thumbs

We purchased 2 in less than a year from CnV EVERYTHING was taken care of, would have bought the Z16 there but they didn't have one

SunDevil C5

Total Rip off. Every car is 3-5 grand over priced and when I was looking a few C5s I tried to trade in my Camaro SS and they offered me 7 grand. Sold it privately a week later for 19. That should say something. Never again!

nebakanezer

Bebe showed up late!

www.corvettepalace.com

I put out an APB to all Chev Dealers in the valley to find my girl!

Wow they have all kinds of useful info on that site about our machines. Check it out and look around.