Cleaning underhood liner

YumaZ06

What is a good way to clean the underhood liner on my car (or can it be cleaned?). :confused:confused

This what I saved from past research. I can't take credit for it. I think you could you most mild cleaners.

•Brush the cover with a soft brush, using light pressure to avoid tearing the material

•Using a brush attachment, vacuum the surface using a very light pressure

•Spray P21S® Total Auto Wash on to a 100% cotton terry towel

•Use very light and even pressure on the towel (do not rub the lining as it may tear)

•Work the cleaner into the fabric but do not saturate the material or use much pressure on the towel

•Fill a spray bottle with clean water and rinse area thoroughly

•Using a terry towel blot the surface, rinsing the towel often until all residue is removed

Good advice Eddie. I often wondered how to do that without taking a 6,000,000 psi car wash wand to it. I'll save that info and put it with the pictures of your flies (soon to be pigeons????) :smilelol:smilelol !

I use simple green to clean my engine area I push my car out so I don't heat the engine spray it down with simple green let it sit then start the car and wash it off with hose and drive it to dry it so no water sits on the engine...works pretty well for me

I use simple green to clean my engine area I push my car out so I don't heat the engine spray it down with simple green let it sit then start the car and wash it off with hose and drive it to dry it so no water sits on the engine...works pretty well for me

Just curious, do you use Simple Green on the hoodliner too? Does the hose spraying on it damage the liner? Again, just curious???

Just curious, do you use Simple Green on the hoodliner too? Does the hose spraying on it damage the liner? Again, just curious???

Eddie are you sure you are talking about the hoodliner? And not the bed liner?

med_gallery_364_3_438634.jpg

med_gallery_364_3_102579.jpg

anmracing2

Bed liner..... That's funny...... :lol:smilelol :laugh:

Andrew

It's hasn't torn mine, never thought it would.....