Nitrogen Tire Inflation

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

I recieved this email today..... any intrest in contacting him to set up a club discount?????

Good Afternoon,

My name is Frank Ruscitti and I am the Owner of NitrogenMan Nitrogen Tire Inflation.

Our web site is www.NitrogenMan.com and we would like to put together a Discount Program for the Corvette Club Members.

We do have a Mobile Unit that we can do an event with and also have our drive thru location.

If you would like to discuss further please contact me at 602-569-0080.

Sincerely,

Frank Ruscitti

NitrogenMan Nitrogen Tire Inflation

92ZR1Wannabe
I recieved this email today..... any intrest in contacting him to set up a club discount?????

Good Afternoon,

My name is Frank Ruscitti and I am the Owner of NitrogenMan Nitrogen Tire Inflation.

Our web site is www.NitrogenMan.com and we would like to put together a Discount Program for the Corvette Club Members.

We do have a Mobile Unit that we can do an event with and also have our drive thru location.

If you would like to discuss further please contact me at 602-569-0080.

Sincerely,

Frank Ruscitti

NitrogenMan Nitrogen Tire Inflation

Although nitrogen filled tired DOES offer some benefits , I would highly suggest weighing to cost / gains of this service.

We run nitrogen in all of our over the road trucks at FritoLay. The benefits are pretty much what is listed on that guys website. HOWEVER for people such as ourselves that are anal about our cars and check tire pressures on a very normal basis, I really don't see a lot of gain. (Except for his pocket book of course) :)

Do a search, this was already considered many moons ago. Jus one second.............here ya go.

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...amp;hl=nitrogen

Seemed to me that during that previous thread Andrew chimed in with Discount's experience but I don't see his post in that thread. Maybe he'll enlighten us again with his wisdom :D

Seemed to me that during that previous thread Andrew chimed in with Discount's experience but I don't see his post in that thread. Maybe he'll enlighten us again with his wisdom :D

Good idea. What's Andrew got to say about this?

Guest swmarine

Nitrogen Will Keep a Tire at it's Inflation Pressure up to 4 Times Longer

Also it will not overinflate a tire when the vehicle is driven on a hot day.

When compressing air in a home compressor or shop compressor without any water removal system that vapor is pushed into the tire upon filling. This makes a tire increase in pressure as you drive and makes the tire harder.

Also a properly inflated tire runs cooler and lasts longer.

I spoke with about 20 owners at THe Corvette Event in Flagstaff last year and most of them never check there tires. They said, I have a monitor and it let's me know when I need to check the tires.

This is true but the monitor warning comes on when the tire is down 5 LBS. That is about 16% underinflated on a 30 PSI Tire.

If keeping the tires at the proper inflation increases tire life, and let's just say 10% for easy numbers on a set of Run Flats the Cost $1500.00 that's a savings of $150.00

Increase that to 15% and it goes to $225.00.

For $25 bucks to purge and fill 4 tires with Nitrogen I think the numbers say it all.

Attached is Product Service Bulletin from Goodyear

http://www.getnitrogen.org/pdf/print_artic...rtsNitrogen.pdf

anmracing2

The place where I work did a test and decided it was not worth the expense to instal Nitrogen systems in their stores. After the research was said and done, the powers to be found that the current compressors end up with a high amount of nitrogen anyway. Air is close to 80% nitrogen to begin with. So you end up with a very very high amount of nitrogen in your tires if you go to a place like Discount Tire, Goodyear or Fletchers.

The only real good thing about it is that the air pressure stays very consistent but just like the Goodyear bulletin said, It is recommend that everyone check their air regularly anyway.

It is true that air pressure expands when heated up but the tire manufacturers do take this into account when determining the max air pressure as do the vehicle manufacturers when they determine the correct and best air pressure to put on the placard of your car.

Andrew

Guest swmarine

Yes you are correct. Air is almost 80% Nitrogen. The rest is Oxygen and other gases. The benifit to using almost pure nitrogen is the removal of Oxygen and Moisture.

Yes, Tire Manufacturers do calculate for expansion, but as we all know here the expansion rate is more to the extreme.

Oxygen reacts with anything it comes in contact with, this means it oxydizes the alloy wheels.

Also, Big O Tires in the Bay Area has installed Nitrogen Generators and Discount Tire in Yuma is offering Nitrogen.

Being affiliated with a Tire Retailer you are more than aware that over 80% of motorists DO NOT check there tires. If you can keep the tire inflated up to 4 times longer at it's recommeded pressure that is a major advantage.

Also Cruise America, after talks with Ford about tire failure and premature tire wear are putting Nitrogen in 37 New RV Rental Units this Month.

I agree that the cost of a Nitrogen Generator at $5 to $10K depending on the capacity, makes a long road to recover your costs, but when a Company as Big as Costco installs one in every store to inflate New Tire Purchases with, I would think that they have seen a benefit to invest in that equipment.

Also Michelin, BF Goodrich, Uniroyal, Toyo, Riken, and other tire manufactures have issued Technical Bulletins supporting the use of Nitrogen.

I hope this helps.

Desertdawg

Frank, how about posting a group discount price for the membership, and the ones that are interested in doing this can PM or email you for membership verification.

You won't get 100% participation, but there may be some of the members that are interested.

I see on your website you offer $24.95 per car with a spare, most of us don't have a spare so that will also need to be factored into our group discount...

Guest swmarine

Yes, Pricing starts at $24.95 for sub compacts.

Standard Passenger Cars are $29.95

And Passenger Cars with 17" plus tires are $34.95

1/2 ton trucks and SUV's are $39.95

We will do club members Corvettes for $24.95, at our drive thru facility.

No Tax is charged since this is a service.

Also any club member that wants to do a vehicle besides their Vette we will discount $5.00 of the standard price. They must let us know they are members.

The one Negative to Nitrogen Tire Inflation has been availability.

That issue is going away as dealers install Nitrogen Equipment.

North Scottsdale Porsche has installed a Parker Nitrogen Generator

and Henry Brown in Mesa has One on Order.

We are working with Midway Chevrolet on 4 Machines also.

North Scottsdale Acura is also installing Nitrogen.

We also have a customer that has a Machine on order for his Home Garage.

Has a few toy's and wants to keep them all inflated with Nitrogen.

And as I stated before Costco has Nitrogen at all their Warehouses that sell tires. So if you need a Pound or Two and are a member of Costco that is a source.

Any questions please call.

www.NitrogenMan.com

602-569-0080

Not really for me since I air down my drag radials for racing...

What we need is helium... to make the car lighter... resulting in greater gas mileage.... LOL....

Flying cars are coming.... ;)

Guest swmarine

We also sell the small tanks.

We sell the 40 CU Ft with Regulator, hose and chuck for $279.95 filled with Nitrogen.

When it is empty you can exchange it for $20

This is great for topping off after racing, but not for the conversion.

The problem is the inital purge.

We deflate the tire to 3 PSI and inflate to recommended pressure and then deflate to 10% of that pressure and refill again. This uses a large amount of Nitrogen, but gets the purity up above the mininum 95%.

Any questions please call.