Get a load of this...

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

We got our quarterly update newsletter from Mercedes Benz (Phoenix Motor Company). The first page is about the new S600. It is the latest and greatest of their luxury 4 door sedans. It is a twin turbo V12 with 510 HP and 612 Torque. It literally is a living room on wheels that has both massaging and air-conditioning seats. It states,

"The S600 blasts to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds. Know what that means? To 60 mph, this is 2.5 seconds quicker than:

1) A Porsche 911 Carrerra S

2) A Chevrolet Corvette convertible

3) A Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1

The S600 whooshes through the quarter-mile in 12.6 seconds, same as a Lamborghini Murcielago."

What is up with that! The C6 vert is not 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds!!!! :eek Someone made a very very big boo boo!! :bang Talk about misleading the public. :toetap

E~

I have no idea what a Porsche 911 Carrerra S, or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1 can do performance wise, so I would guess there's people out there that would believe whats in black and white...

That's why it's always Caveat Emptier!!!

From times immemorial the innocent ill-informed consumer is deceived by the mighty powerful and exploiting manufacturer under the Feudal doctrine caveat emptier.

(Reference) :toetap

Heck if the people that help us fix our puters don't know what it means, then who will???

Robert and Elizabeth
I have no idea what a Porsche 911 Carrerra S, or a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1 can do performance wise

For all of them, I am guessing they are from 4-5 seconds 0-60 mph. The C6 is 4.0 seconds alone, so the others can't be that far behind.

From times immemorial the innocent ill-informed consumer is deceived by the mighty powerful and exploiting manufacturer under the Feudal doctrine caveat emptier.

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

We got our quarterly update newsletter from Mercedes Benz (Phoenix Motor Company). The first page is about the new S600. It is the latest and greatest of their luxury 4 door sedans. It is a twin turbo V12 with 510 HP and 612 Torque. It literally is a living room on wheels that has both massaging and air-conditioning seats. It states,

"The S600 blasts to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds. Know what that means? To 60 mph, this is 2.5 seconds quicker than:

1) A Porsche 911 Carrerra S

2) A Chevrolet Corvette convertible

3) A Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1

The S600 whooshes through the quarter-mile in 12.6 seconds, same as a Lamborghini Murcielago."

What is up with that! The C6 vert is not 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds!!!! :eek Someone made a very very big boo boo!! :bang Talk about misleading the public. :toetap

E~

Actually the S600 should be 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds and the S65 AMG 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds.

Now for the bad news, S600 starts with a price tag of $140K and the S65 starts at $182K. Second home prices for some. :willy First for most :chris .

I finally picked up a 2001 Black Mercedes S600 with 47K miles last February. Been fun cleaning it up and learning all about Mercedes Benz.

Perhaps that was the fastest 'their' driver could get to 60mph.

I am sure there are gonna be some *surprised* Benz drivers here an there -evil grin- .. with luck they can be goaded into puttin some money on it before gettin educated.

-Frank (ya, I don't think it was a 'mistake' .. I think it was just Benz marketing shoveling what makes the grass grow green)

I finally picked up a 2001 Black Mercedes S600 with 47K miles last February. Been fun cleaning it up and learning all about Mercedes Benz.

:thumbs Congrats on the BLACK "Bahn"-burner Phil! :D I think I can take you in the Hemi, we'll have to have a luxo-barge shoot out sometime. :devil

Say what?????????

Robert and Elizabeth

Congrats on the S600!! :thumbs

We are thinking of getting an S65 at some point.....way down the road after our educations are done. It will probably be a model year of something like 2016! :lol:lol