2008 Vette

Scratch

That was brought up about that car, he didn't and wouldn't say officially. Anyway, I guess its going to be pretty cool.

I hope they don't officially call it an "SS". SS has always been about Chevelle's, Nova's and Impala's, not the Corvette. There are so many great engine names Chevy could revive.

Let's see, a super performance (all aluminum???) 427 engine? Hmmm. How about ZL-1? Or L88?

Robert and Elizabeth

The ZO6 SS is coming out for 2009 and there will be only 1500 made for only 2 years. The dealer markups are going to push the price of this baby close to 200K because of it's very limited availability. This may cause the mark ups on the regular ZO6's to end so you can buy one at MSRP finally. Robert may have to suffer and get a plain ZO6 instead!! :lol:lol

We were at Superstition Springs Chevy today because they supposedly had a silver ZO6 there and Robert wanted to look at it. Well, it sold about a month ago and they had a velocity yellow one instead. Well, this ZO6 had like no options and plain unpolished wheels and they were asking 105K for it!! :eek They had a 30K mark up on it!! OMG!! :bs Makes the purchase of our Z look like a bargain when compared to that!!

The ZO6 SS is coming out for 2009 and there will be only 1500 made for only 2 years. The dealer markups are going to push the price of this baby close to 200K because of it's very limited availability. This may cause the mark ups on the regular ZO6's to end so you can buy one at MSRP finally. Robert may have to suffer and get a plain ZO6 instead!! :lol:lol

We were at Superstition Springs Chevy today because they supposedly had a silver ZO6 there and Robert wanted to look at it. Well, it sold about a month ago and they had a velocity yellow one instead. Well, this ZO6 had like no options and plain unpolished wheels and they were asking 105K for it!! :eek They had a 30K mark up on it!! OMG!! :bs Makes the purchase of our Z look like a bargain when compared to that!!

About a month ago they had a Red Z06 at the Chandler/I 10 Chevy dealer for $77k. I thought about it for a split second. But I have to say right now I am happy with what I have.....

Robert and Elizabeth

About a month ago they had a Red Z06 at the Chandler/I 10 Chevy dealer for $77k. I thought about it for a split second. But I have to say right now I am happy with what I have.....

If that is Freeway Chevy, they had a blue one a little while ago for 100K. I am thinking the 77K was sticker, but then the markup is not put on the car until you start the paperwork. Happened to us at Brown and Brown when the C6 Zo6's first came out. It was stickered for about 72K and when we started the paperwork, all of a sudden a 100K appeared for the price. When we questioned it, they told us it was the dealer markup and that it was standard for a car like that. We walked.

The dealer markups are going to push the price of this baby close to 200K because of it's very limited availability.

I think I saw one on Ebay the other day.. $49.98 plus shipping!!! :lol

And I can tell you GM is still calling it the Blue Devil. At least thats what one employee still refers to it as.

100K+ for any stock Z06 is just WRONG no matter what. GM has gotten away from that best deal for the buck thing and is upping the price closer to those European exotics price tags every year on the Z0.

Making a profit by being in business is one thing, but by a stealership raping the consumer is another thing. The jacked up price on a Z0 is out of control IMO, but if you’re willing to pay the price and have the cash to spare, go for it. Unfortunately, I’ll have to settle for a used 4-5 year old Z0 where the price is much lower, but I'll live. :D

Thing about dealer markup is .. there are other dealers :)

Or .. can go thru Autotrader and some other online resources.

(bought our first Durango when they first came out at MSRP when the local dealer wanted 20k+ above it .. thru Autotrader and a different dealer)

-Frank

Good, hope the 05-06 C6 prices tank so I can pick one up on the cheap. :D

I'm goin' in...

Coupe w/Crystal Red, A6, F55, 3LT, Two-Tone w/ Cashmere, Chromies, Nav, Transparent Top...and best of all, GM Supplier Pricing...

Worst part....not until summer time :(

:D

AZBuckeye

Well never the less, I just may get that hair up in that place the sun does not shine and have to get me one. :thumbs

:toetap ....in "crystal RED metallica" or whatever, of course. :yawn

:devil

If it happens, Depends on how hard that hair gets to pushing. It will not and I repeat be black, and what is wrong with crystal RED? :D :D :toetap

I'm with you , nothing wrong with Red. But I think my next one may be yellow or blue since Ive been red for 10 years now with my current and last one.

Grayeagle

to beat these local stealerships .. try out

http://www.corvettesbyrickdaniel.com/

He's sellin '07's at below MSRP .. and 08's at MSRP.

Even delivers to local dealer if ya like .. altho flyin out an drivin back from Dearborn, MI sounds like a great trip .. or .. he can set up museum delivery .. its all good :)

-Frank