From one project to another.

anmracing2

Attn: Dwayne,

Thank you so much for the manifolds.... Finally finished getting them in today. I had to do some fab work but nothing I couldn't handle.

http://anmracing.phanfare.com/album/161751/349623

It's ok to do the slideshow.... (That's for Steve.... :D )

As a sidenote; Doing work on old cars is a lot of fun. Yes, there are times when it is aggravating but it makes me feel good to see people look at the car and think that a professional did the work. It does bother me to hear peeps pick the car apart but hey, it's all part of the fun. Can't deal with it, don't own one. You know the old saying, "Oppinions are like butholes, everyone has one....." Doing this kind of work is, believe it or not, relaxing...... Yup, I said it.

Thanks again Dwayne, I owe you. Oh, that's right, I really do owe you......

Andrew

Phill's Vette

:agree You couldn't be right Andrew! I also find it very relaxing and rewarding; nothing compairs to it!

I experience the zen state of mind while I'm at it; gotta love it :thumbs And who cares what anyone says :cone

0410472.jpg

Consult your manual, page 6, "....safety glasses should be worn and not just tossed on the workbench..." :lol:lol

Lookin' good. You do good work! :thumbs

Looks great Andrew, now take a die grinder to the inside and you can clean them up quit a bit.

Also, I know where the missing spacer is, it's still on my old 82, I had to use it to space the AC bracket away from the Tri-Y headers I put on it....

It will be cool to see if they change the tone of your exhaust much???

I always thought it was cool GM actually put this pseudo headers on at the factory. Has there been any other factory headers ever used????

'Picking apart' .. Amen to *that* ..

-remembers a nite when I had the 440-Duster at a local cruise-

..guy and his girl-friend oglin the motor while I walked up behind 'em

(the 'glas hood was sittin on the roof on foam pads to show off a bit ..tunnel-ram, alla toys, lookin good I thought)

'Ya, that's a real nice 340 he's got there, ..wow .. that distributor conversion for front drive looks factory!'

(umm .. b-motors have front drive distributors.. a-motors have rear drive ..do you have any idea how hard it was not to laugh?)

Stuffed a real mean tunnel ram 396 chebbie into a friends '69 pontiac firebird .. got asked alla time where we got the tunnel ram for that pontiac '350' ..cause that's what the emblems were on the hood right where the tunnel ram poked thru .. we useda tell folks we carved it outta a solid block of aluminum ..ya baby .. it's custom alla way!

-gawd- .. I loved it :)

-Frank

Looks great Andrew, now take a die grinder to the inside and you can clean them up quit a bit.

Dwayne-

exhaust part duh

sound clips here post install. Sounds great to me! That missing 'ear' on the old manifold had started to leak, but that's not the only difference to the sound. I think the underhood is much clearer without all the cast iron blocking it. :thumbs

Dean- we don't need no stinking safety glasses! :lol

M~

Thats cool Andrew :cool:thumbs

I'm really happy they worked for you, now you can add factory shorty headers to your sig!!!!

I can't wait to hear it in person.

Andrew...You had me scared for a minute when you said thanks for the manifold Dwayne...LOL I thought you were converting to a Crossfire for more power. :thumbs Anyway, nice job and they look great. :yesnod

Well Dwayne, maybe you and the wife should stop by on Sunday.....

I found a carb issue. I can only imagine the problems I could find if I had a Cross Fire.

Saftey glasses???? What are those????? When I work I use them. When I'm posing, I throw them aside to look cool...... :P

Hope to see you all on Sunday,

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA

Andrew, looks like a great job, :thumbs but will you get someone in there to point next time for crying out loud? Sheesh! :toetap