Corvette Pilgrimage to Bowling Green

Guest Mikey

Guest Mikey

Can't wait 'til Saturday, May 5th. That's when my wife, Shirley, and I leave for our "Corvette Pilgrimage" to the assembly plant and museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Our tour is scheduled for Thursday, May 10th. They will be detailing the exterior of our Corvette while we are taking the tour.

For anyone with a Corvette that wants to do this, here is the website address:

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/experience/index.shtml

I will post our "Xperience" upon returning home and will try to post pictures too.

We did the plant tour and NCM 2 years ago when we did the Hotrod Power Tour. You will love it! We want lots and lots of pics when you get back.

Have fun Mikey and say hi to my Vettes ma.......... :burnout

Hopefully Ma doesn't get her looks from Cousin Festus :lol:lol

That is awesome .. one of the experiences I am looking forward to also.

Just can't beat flyin out, takin the tour, an cruisin home in style.

-Frank

That is awesome .. one of the experiences I am looking forward to also.

Just can't beat flyin out, takin the tour, an cruisin home in style.

-Frank

Frank-is that the next step? Do we see a c6 in your future?

Mikey-the trip sounds like a blast! Be sure to post those pics for us bums who can't afford to get outta dodge!

M~

Robert and Elizabeth

We wish we could have done the whole Bowling Green thing when we purchased our Z last year. The dealership had it shipped it out without asking if we wanted to do it or not. This was our first Corvette, so we did not know any better and were not members of ACE yet. Upon finding out we could have, we were upset, for we would have chosen this awesome experience. Next time, when Robert buys his ZO6 SS, we know we will do it then (already down for it with the dealership)!! :thumbs

Mike and Shirley, you two have a blast and we will expect lots of pix when you return. This is your Vette's birthplace, where it all started. Enjoy!! :yesnod

If I ever hand this one down to the wife...I may try and do this as well. But that is a long way down the road. :thumbs

• 3 weeks later...
Robert and Elizabeth

So Mike and Shirley, how did your trip to Bowling Green go???? Inquiring ACE minds want to know.....pictures help too! :yesnod

Guest Mikey

Hey Gang...

We're finally back from our 3800 mile round trip pilgrimage to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant and National Corvette Museum. Sorry, but the digital camera "pooped-out" when I tried to download the pictures so you'll just have to imagine our 5 month old Victory Red Coupe with chromies and tinted windows which we named "Killer".

We left here on Saturday, May 5th and arrived in Bowling Green, Kentucky on Monday, May 7th. We did get pulled over in Arkansas by a LEO that informed us that it is illegal to drive with your parking lights on. I politely explained that what he saw were our daytime running lights. He was embarrased and replied "That sure is a sweet ride, have a nice day sir".

Tuesday and Wednesday was spent playing tourist and seeing all of the local sights.

Thursday, May 10th was the Big Day that we had reservations for since last December. At the museum, we met Larry McCool, our personal tour guide. We left "Killer" at the museum for her exterior detailing while Larry took us for the 2 hour VIP assembly plant tour. The assembly line workers all smiled, waved and gave us thumbs-up during the tour. I asked one of them about the "Blue Devil Project" and he said that when the engine came down the line, it was covered so none of the workers could see it. I got to start a brand new Z06 for the first time and then ride in another 'Vette during it's dyno test. We also saw a new 2008 light blue coupe

Larry then took us back to the museum for our personal 2 hour museum tour including "Killer" waiting for us in the "nursery" alongside the brand new Corvettes. My former fellow co-workers here in Phoenix were watching the live webcams for the museum and actually saw us taking delivery.

This was an experience that no other car manufacturer offers and was my dream vacation. I've tried to only touch on the hi-lites and not get too wordy. If anyone wants more detail of the journey and/or destination, please don't hesitate to ask either on the forum or via PM.

Mike

Robert and Elizabeth

Congratulations on a wonderful trip!! We can't wait to do it ourselves!! Thanks for the great description of your experience. Wow....that is all I can say. :yesnod

Speedratchet

I'm really happy that everything turned out. It sounds like you had a great time. I do believe that it is a visit that every Vette owner should do at lease once.

Thanks for sharing the experience ..

-makes note to self about Arkansas LEO's-

..LOL.

-Frank