Windshield Washer Fluid Level Low

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Sheesh. GM think's I'm so worried about my windshield washer fluid level that they paid an engineer (prolly two) to design a sensor which they also paid someone to install, and then they made a profit charging me for it when I bought the car. :toetap

Well GM, I'm tired of seeing your stupid message on my DIC. I never fill the damn thing because it heats up in the summer and runs over and makes a mess.

So...

I'm going to jumper it out.

I'm thinking of unplugging the sensor and jumpering it with a 100 ohm resistor. Does anyone know why I shouldn't do this? I don't want to fry anything.

I don't know anything about the electrical aspect of it, but good for you! I completely agree that there are too many sensors on these things. Makes me wish sometimes I had the time to buy an old muscle car & put a normal engine in it. Sensors...... we don't need no stinking Sensors :lol Give me a few dip sticks & some vacuum lines & I'll be good. That's actually why I pursued the FRC. No thrills, just race ready all the time.

Jim

Guest Chad@AZPS

Just pull the float out of the tank and zip tie it up to make the light turn off. Cheap and easy. The float is under the brake master cylinder, just pulls out of a rubber grommet.

Chad

We don't need any "Stinkin" messages on our DIC in a C3...We just look at the fluid level and fill when needed. Doh!

:lurk

Same with us early C4's. When you try to wash your windshield and nothing comes-a-spurten, then it is time to fill it up.

Cars are tooooooo computerized anymore.

Guest UVETTYA
Just pull the float out of the tank and zip tie it up to make the light turn off. Cheap and easy. The float is under the brake master cylinder, just pulls out of a rubber grommet.

Chad

Chad, you're pretty smart for a country boy but you can't put the sensor back into the hole with the float in the up position. :toetap

So...

Here's what I did

BTW, don't run the slideshow...

Aren't you the smart guy! :thumbs

BTW what happens if you run the slideshow. Is there hidden pron??? :D

Chad

Chad, you're pretty smart for a country boy but you can't put the sensor back into the hole with the float in the up position. :toetap

So...

Here's what I did

Or you could just fill yours up with Jello like I did. :thumbs

Ooops..... I ran the slideshow...... :cfdeadagain

I looked at three pictures for 30 minutes....... :D

Andrew

PS. Good job Steve.

Is that considered a mod?? :D

Andrew

Chad

So...

Here's what I did

or you cuold use it as a methanol reservoir - just don't pull a phil and try to clean your windshield while driving "into the sun" - that makes for a blind spot or 3 :leaving

Chad

So...

Here's what I did

or you cuold use it as a methanol reservoir - just don't pull a phil and try to clean your windshield while driving "into the sun" - that makes for a blind spot or 3 :leaving

:agree ... :toetap ... :devil

• 2 weeks later...

Good job Steve :thumbs and Damn Phil you may never live that one down!!! :lol