amazing rear pics

Desertdawg

Yep here's my rear------------------end!

R6.jpg

Went in to Xtreme Motorsports today and had the rear swapped out from 2.73 to 3.42

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

Here's Chad's 3.42's going in and getting ready for me to abuse it!!!!

R5.jpg

After lunch with AnM & Chad, I was reminded to include a pointing pic, this was the best I could do.

R7.jpg

I was told I was going to need new rear tires soon, now I see why!!!! :D

The one on the left is about 40 feet long.

R8.jpg

Now that is what I am talking about :thumbs:thumbs

I will usally mention the 3:42s upgrade for any auto with 2.73s, best SOTP feeling for the money being spent.

Later... :devil

Congrats! I had 3:15's in my C5 and often thought of swapping them out. I can't imagine what 2:73's would be like.

Wish I could do that...... Dam break in millage.

162mi out of 350 mi

Two words:

Road Trip!! :yesnod

-Frank -evil grin-

Nice Dwayne. :thumbs I hope you didn't do that worrying about a CF going around that C5...Doh! j/k My next major upgrade is to a 3.42 r/p as well. :cool Waiting to see how Jim's new setup works for him.

Nice Dwayne. :thumbs I hope you didn't do that worrying about a CF going around that C5...Doh! j/k My next major upgrade is to a 3.42 r/p as well. :cool Waiting to see how Jim's new setup works for him.

What no video! How do we know that is not from Tom's lolly 82 CrossFire? So I have this staight Tom's are on the left and yours are on the right... I will confirm it is not from my lolly 84 CrossFire because it has been up on jack stands since Oct. Plus the tire marks look a tad short.

The difference is amazing, when you were so used to the 2.73's then switching to the 3.42's !!!

Then you discover how fun it is lighting up the tires ! :lol

Wish I could do that...... Dam break in millage.

162mi out of 350 mi

Chad, Countdown time, ala Nort99! 162, 161, 160, 159, 158....can we sing the jeopardy theme too?

Dwayne, those scratches R looking GOOD!

Go ahead and ride Chad's...oh, nevermind, we talked about it enough at lunch...

M~

What'd that swap cost Dawg? I have 3.15's on mine and have thought about it as well.

Sean, the cost of labor was about $600... plus the cost of the rear end!!!

It can be done on jackstands, but not advisable, after unbolting everything, the front outweighs the rear, and things get a little scary crawling under there when the vette starts to teeter on the stands... :eek

Tom, I'm not worried, I still have top end speed!!!!

Jim, the right side was practice, the left I let it all hang out, then I lifted so I wouldn't shred the tires on the very rough (unused) pavement....

And you can tell it wasn't Tom, there's no oil drips.... :lol

LOL...oil drips. Good one. :thumbs That wasn't oil drips...but sure did "stank" after that burnout in a CF. :smilelol I better check my shorts now, I've never seen a CF do that before... :lol:smilelol:lol

Speaking of top end, I have tons of it now, just no car to match it safely after 130mph. :devil The front end gets a little light for my tastes past that speed. Did you know you can setup EBL to display a 200mph + speedo on the laptop, pretty cool stuff. :thumbs Wish it was like those newer fandangled contraption C5/C6 cars that get lower the faster they go. :cool But for now I'll just settle for a lowly CFI mochine that hauls Ass! The :devil made me say that...LOL Good move on the gears Dwayne. :thumbs

Sean, the cost of labor was about $600... plus the cost of the rear end!!!

It can be done on jackstands, but not advisable, after unbolting everything, the front outweighs the rear, and things get a little scary crawling under there when the vette starts to teeter on the stands... :eek

:eek $600 labor...and I just looked at price of diff online at one place $1649! That's a chunk! Guess the girls have to pay :lol for one semester of tuition themselves.

Guess I'll definitely be waiting on this one. I want my headers back first. Damn these things are money hogs. :toetap

Guest UVETTYA
Damn these things are money hogs. :toetap

Yup. :yesnod

If you want to play, you have to pay.

Clutch, built tranny, built diff, exhaust (headers, X-pipe, CATS, catback), CAM, = $10K+

Don't let Dwayne foul ya...the guy is loaded, he just says he never has any money. :lol

I think what Tom meant to say was "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Robert and Elizabeth
Damn these things are money hogs. :toetap

Yup. :yesnod

If you want to play, you have to pay.

Clutch, built tranny, built diff, exhaust (headers, X-pipe, CATS, catback), CAM, = $10K+

:agree

Large CAM, headers, full exhaust, Michelin Pilot Sports X all 4, Haltech air filter, dyno tuning, clear bra=10K+