Well, this place hasn't changed much

dewey

In the 15 months I was gone....almost like this is my second home...lol

Everything is going fine, a little warmer here than it is there, and the wireless network here at the Pat Tillman USO is very, very slow, so don't expect too many posts out of me, I'm just stopping by to say hi.

Well, at least I got to see a pic of my baby

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Drink one for me.

Dewey

At least it's not dial up.......

Glad to hear things are ok there. Stay safe and keep postin'......

Andrew

PS. Don't forget to get a photo of an ACE shirt out in the middle of nowhere.......

Here's a second on the ACE shirt pic... You did take one with you, Right???

Hope you make it home soon!! :howdy

I don't remember you saying but I assume you're over in the big middle east sandbox.

Keep you head down and get home soon. In the meantime post whenever you can and let us know how its going. :thumbs

Hey Dewey:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. Try and post as much as you can to let us know how you are doing. When you get home, that will be a good excuse for the ACE group to have another BBQ.

Dianne

Hey Dewey:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. Try and post as much as you can to let us know how you are doing. When you get home, that will be a good excuse for the ACE group to have another BBQ.

Dianne

We will certainly be there for that! So will Sniff, Tracy and Chuck!

They don't get on here much but their thoughts are with you.

Let us know if you need anything and we will try to send it out to you (Like maybe an ACE shirt :D ) but not a Vette......... :P

Good luck and take care of yourself!

Andrew

I meant to mention that before. If you give us your address and let us know what you need, I will get together with the ACE group and see what we can get together to send you. Just let us know (besides a Vette) what you can use.

Dianne

Let us know if you need anything and we will try to send it out to you (Like maybe an ACE shirt :D ) but not a Vette......... :P

Good luck and take care of yourself!

Andrew

:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree:agree

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Dewey, next time you post let us know where you are and what you're doing. As much as you can anyway. And I second the notion by Diane. I spent most of my enlistment over seas and I know how important pkgs from home are. We'll put together one for you that you and your buddies won't forget!

Stay low and keep your powder dry. :thumbs:flag:flag:flag

I will attest to the fact this group is great to our troops. When my son was over there right after the invasion they really stepped up and donated snacks, personal items, magazines and money for shipping.

If there's anything you or your buddies need or want just post up and we'll see that you get it. :flag:flag

I will attest to the fact this group is great to our troops.

That's prolly because a lot of us are or were troops oursleves at some point. :flag:yesnod

Well, it's Bagram Air Field, home of the Pat Tillman USO.

As for the ACE t-shirt, well, umm, err...but...uh...err, I didn't bring it because I was trying to pack light.

So, that, and if someone could work the Corvette Forum.com banner as well, that would be great.

A few folks here have cameras, although I didn't bring mine this time (not much to take pictures of once you've been here before).

Mailing address:

Duane Helton

455 EMXG/EAMXS A-10 (Bldg 751)

Bagram AB, Afghanistan

APO AE 09354

I seriously doubt they'd let you send a couple of dancers from Christie's (is that what they call Tiffany's now????)

Thanks for the thoughts, folks. Miss my baby already.

Dewey: I'll get something going for you right away. Let me know the REALLY important things that you guys want over there and I'll collect from whoever wants to give and ship it to you. Let us know even if you think it sounds dumb...toilet paper, kleenex, toothpaste, toothbrushes...no TIFFFANY's women...sorry!

Get back to us as soon as you can and a package will be on its way.

Dianne

Hey Dewey,

Glad to hear you are doing well. we all miss you here so it will be good to have you get back soon. I hear they have Camel races there? I think I will send you a couple of corvette stickers so you can paste one on each side for a race :lol

And before I forget Congratulations on the new Baby. I had no idea as you never said a word...

remember be safe and get back soon

:howdy Greg & Sue :howdy

Hey Dewey,

Glad to hear you are doing well. we all miss you here so it will be good to have you get back soon. I hear they have Camel races there? I think I will send you a couple of corvette stickers so you can paste one on each side for a race :lol

And before I forget Congratulations on the new Baby. I had no idea as you never said a word...

remember be safe and get back soon

:howdy Greg & Sue :howdy

The new baby???

No new baby...I meant my baby in my avatar...speed limit on base is 25mph. It's killing me.

Seriously though, everything is fine here.

Thanks for the thoughts folks.

Robert and Elizabeth

:flag Load em til yer fingers bleed!!! Godspeed dewey!!! :flag

:flag:withstupid

Us too!!! :agree:agree:agree

:agree

My nephew is over there somewhere he can't say. He is in the Army.

Guest UVETTYA

Dewey, what kind of stuff can you guys use? Don't be shy. I'm sure there's something you can't get there. Baked goods? Canned goods? Let us know. We want to pamper you. :thumbs