I need a lift for ½ hr to swap cat back exhaust

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

I bought Tom's "YumaZ06" stock catback because I was worried my GHL magnum was TOO loud. (it got progressively louder after headers and cam install) I have since come to realize there is no such thing as TOO loud, but there most certainly is TOO QUIET! I realized this .02 seconds after I started the engine after the stock catback install. WTF was I thinking? :crazy

So, if anyone has a lift and will offer to let me use it, I'm off today and tomorrow. There are two bolts on each side so it should take 30 minutes tops. I'll buy your beer, lunch, tea, whatever, and I'll prolly even entertain you by smashing my knuckles, banging my head and cutting a finger or two. (I'll bring my own tools and band-aids) :lol 602 538-9865

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• nort99

Guest Sidewinder
I bought Tom's "YumaZ06" stock catback because I was worried my GHL magnum was TOO loud. (it got progressively louder after headers and cam install) I have since come to realize there is no such thing as TOO loud, but there most certainly is TOO QUIET! I realized this .02 seconds after I started the engine after the stock catback install. WTF was I thinking? :crazy

So, if anyone has a lift and will offer to let me use it, I'm off today and tomorrow. There are two bolts on each side so it should take 30 minutes tops. I'll buy your beer, lunch, tea, whatever, and I'll prolly even entertain you by smashing my knuckles, banging my head and cutting a finger or two. (I'll bring my own tools and band-aids) :lol 602 538-9865

Steve,

Pick-up your cell!! :bang

If Mark can't help you let me know. I don't have a lift but I did mine in the driveway and it only took about an hr. You're welcome to come over tonight and we'll do it.

Guest UVETTYA

Tanks guys. :thumbs

How did you get it high enough Eddie? I was going to try it in my driveway but I didn't want to get it half done just to find out I couldn't get it high enough.

Tanks guys. :thumbs

How did you get it high enough Eddie? I was going to try it in my driveway but I didn't want to get it half done just to find out I couldn't get it high enough.

I jacked mine to full extension on the jack. Then I put jackstands under it, pulled the jack out and put a 4X4 on the cradle and jacked it again. Then moved the jackstands up. It will seem as though you're going to stand your baby on her nose but it does work. I put my Borlas on the C5 that way.

Guest UVETTYA
I jacked mine to full extension on the jack. Then I put jackstands under it, pulled the jack out and put a 4X4 on the cradle and jacked it again. Then moved the jackstands up. It will seem as though you're going to stand your baby on her nose but it does work. I put my Borlas on the C5 that way.

Well shoot, my jack stands are fully extended when my jack is at max height. Guess I need longer jack! (and no cracks from the peanut gallery!) :lol

Are you really up to it tonight after work? I don't want to impose on you after a hard days work - swinging that pick-axe and all.... :lol Mark has offered his help but I would have to take off work a few hours early on Thursday. AZP&S can do it but I have to wait until Monday. Today sounds pretty good if you're feeling up to it. :thumbs

Not a problem! Will they fit in you trunk? I get home about 5:30 pm or shortly after. Also something you might try is moving the jackstands up to the rear jacking puck location. I believe that's how mine were long enough. I don't think you can put them directly under the axle. At least yours is an MN6. I had a bitch of a time with the heatshield on the pass. side. That's only on A/T's though.

Edit: I'm just glad to hear you admit mine's bigger than yours :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA
Not a problem! Will they fit in you trunk? I get home about 5:30 pm or shortly after. Also something you might try is moving the jackstands up to the rear jacking puck location. I believe that's how mine were long enough. I don't think you can put them directly under the axle. At least yours is an MN6. I had a bitch of a time with the heatshield on the pass. side. That's only on A/T's though.

Edit: I'm just glad to hear you admit mine's bigger than yours :lol:lol

Sounds like some scary stuff. :eek I'm in! :lol

Yep, they'll fit in the trunk, and it's a snap. Just drop the sway bar and two bolts on each exhaust pipe - bada bing, bada bang, bada boom.

See you at 5:30 and thanks! :thumbs

And BTW, you can ask Jennifer Aniston who's is bigger.

Oh, she's never seen yours? Too bad! :lol

Ok boys did you get you jack up? And put on the big ones, for the small ones? :thumbs

Yup! Finally got them on. A little more trouble than we thought but it sounds awesome again. We even got a little help from a neighbor of mine whose a semi-ricer kinda guy.

Guest UVETTYA

Hey everyone, this is what A.C.E. is all about, no? :thumbs Thanks for lending your driveway, your tools and your help Eddie!

Too bad you're an ex cop. I hate ex cops.

J/K! :lol Thanks for the help buddy. :thumbs

And the car? Yeah Baby! That's what I'm saying! :yesnod:thumbs:thumbs She sounds like the badass Vette that she is, once again. :devil

It was a PITA actually, Eddie's just being nice. I sweated my arse off. It always is difficult the first time you do something, and we just had to get it high enough in the air before it went well. The left side went smooth but we had to push, pull and prod the right side to get it over the axle, then the right rear support tongue wouldn't go into the rubber support thingie, and it wasn't fun. The tranny brace was no help, but David, Eddie's neighbor was. He stopped by for a minute to see what we were doing, then came back with two Heinekins in hand. Good neighbor, huh? :yesnod And I'm glad he did because Eddie and I (although being prolly the two coolest guys in the club) were struggling with this simple task. :huh David very seruptitiously elbowed his way in and finalle ended up getting his hands dirty - and it helped a lot. Things finally fell into place, literally, and once we got it high enough in the air to snake the right side in it was all down hill from there. :lol

It took about 2 hours and I have a minor cut on my right arm and a tiny blood blister on my left little pitty-pooh. I think David drew blood too, :thumbs but like Eddie said, he owns a TR6 and was drooling at the chance to work on a Vette, so he prolly considers it a trophy. :lol

All in all it wasn't that bad and the best part was at the end when Eddie and I stood around for half an hour or so and talked about all of you behind your backs. :lol

:leaving

*cool*

-grin-

-Frank (Top fuel dragster full-on at the traps is *almost* too loud .. almost ;)

So now I am guessing that your neighbors are talking about you being to dam loud again. Dam old people. :lol:lol

TR6???? Wow, have not seen one of those since high school when a buddy of mine had one. Back then it was a pretty cool car. :lol Only problem was it gets kinda scary when you're going 90 down highway 126 in Cali and have some dumbarse in a semi tailgaiting you. :toetap But that lil'ol car was able to hike it up and get well enough ahead. :lol

He has the TR6 and a 70 Datsun (not Nissan) 240Z that he has done a frame off resto on. Definitely a gear head and not what I routinely think of as ricers.

Guest UVETTYA
So now I am guessing that your neighbors are talking about you being to dam loud again. Dam old people. :lol:lol

Actually they're ok with it. I just felt guilty setting off the ex cop's alarm every time I drive out of the cul de sac - and you know how those ex cops can be! :toetap He said he saw me going down 115th the other day (in a tone that betrayed his annoyance) "I was only doing 30" I said. "More like 130" he replied in the same tone. :lol

Guest Sidewinder
Hey everyone, this is what A.C.E. is all about, no? :thumbs Thanks for lending your driveway, your tools and your help Eddie!

Too bad you're an ex cop. I hate ex cops.

J/K! :lol Thanks for the help buddy. :thumbs

And the car? Yeah Baby! That's what I'm saying! :yesnod:thumbs:thumbs She sounds like the badass Vette that she is, once again. :devil

It was a PITA actually, Eddie's just being nice. I sweated my arse off. It always is difficult the first time you do something, and we just had to get it high enough in the air before it went well. The left side went smooth but we had to push, pull and prod the right side to get it over the axle, then the right rear support tongue wouldn't go into the rubber support thingie, and it wasn't fun. The tranny brace was no help, but David, Eddie's neighbor was. He stopped by for a minute to see what we were doing, then came back with two Heinekins in hand. Good neighbor, huh? :yesnod And I'm glad he did because Eddie and I (although being prolly the two coolest guys in the club) were struggling with this simple task. :huh David very seruptitiously elbowed his way in and finalle ended up getting his hands dirty - and it helped a lot. Things finally fell into place, literally, and once we got it high enough in the air to snake the right side in it was all down hill from there. :lol

It took about 2 hours and I have a minor cut on my right arm and a tiny blood blister on my left little pitty-pooh. I think David drew blood too, :thumbs but like Eddie said, he owns a TR6 and was drooling at the chance to work on a Vette, so he prolly considers it a trophy. :lol

All in all it wasn't that bad and the best part was at the end when Eddie and I stood around for half an hour or so and talked about all of you behind your backs. :lol

:leaving

ARMY WAY ^ :crazy

AIR FORCE WAY--> Put car on lift, Raise car, Remove old exhaust, Put on new exhaust, Lower car, Remove car from lift. 30 mins TOPS... (injury free)

:lol:lol:lol

AIR FORCE WAY--> Put car on lift, Raise car, Remove old exhaust, Put on new exhaust, Lower car, Remove car from lift. 30 mins TOPS... (injury free)

I thought the true Air Force way is Put car on lift, drink beer, raise car, drink beer, have Army buddy point you in direction of toolbox, drink beer, remove old exhaust, drink beer, realize you just pulled the exhaust off your buddies car on the lift next to yours, drink beer, put exhaust back on buddies car, drink beer, take another look at your car, drink beer, say of F it I'll have someone do the job, drink 6 more beers while watching football the rest of the day. :lol:lol

Guest Sidewinder

I thought the true Air Force way is Put car on lift, drink beer, raise car, drink beer, have Army buddy point you in direction of toolbox, drink beer, remove old exhaust, drink beer, realize you just pulled the exhaust off your buddies car on the lift next to yours, drink beer, put exhaust back on buddies car, drink beer, take another look at your car, drink beer, say of F it I'll have someone do the job, drink 6 more beers while watching football the rest of the day. :lol:lol

OH YEH, Now I remember. Musta been that last beer. :drinkers:flag

Guest Kens06

DUH, it ain't even football season??...........

I'm glad you are back to LOUD and SPUNKY Steve!!

Ken

Guest UVETTYA
I'm glad you are back to LOUD and SPUNKY Steve!!

Ken

Tanks! I took her out for a spin this afternoon - and spanked an unruly Cobra. :howdy