ShowLow Cruise

Guest chadman

Guest chadman

Ok, who is going on the road trip next weekend? I'm new here but thinking of making the tour!

A bunch of us were at Randy's this am to do his VE interior and talked about this cruise. There are still a number planning on it but I for one won't be making it. :angry

3,503 lbs of trouble

I wish I could go this year, but I told the Arizona DeLorean Club I'd participate in a Tucson tech session that we chose to hold down their so the Tucson members would see that we are not just a "Phoenix" club. Even if my presence was not required in Tucson, my Corvette has a bad water pump, so it's not going anywhere. My DeLorean needs a new cooling system before it can leave on any long journeys, and my T-bird has landed itself at Earnhardt's with an undetermined issue that's sure to empty my wallet. So Show Low is a no go for me. I was even invited on a cruise up to Jerome with the Pantera club that day. Too bad I don't have one of those too.

It's a nice cruise up there. You should go.

Guest chadman

Well I went to Krispy Kreme this moring and no one showed upm :ack Everyone must have heard I was coming. :willy Maybe another time, I was so up for this cruise. Did it get cancelled or is there just no interest :angry

Well I went to Krispy Kreme this moring and no one showed upm :ack Everyone must have heard I was coming. :willy Maybe another time, I was so up for this cruise. Did it get cancelled or is there just no interest :angry

It was cancelled last night by Bryan. There was not enough interest in members. Bryan mentioned he was going to call you to let you know not to show up.

I believe there was going to be about 4 cars total. Myself, 85TOGO, Bryan, and yourself from Phoenix. 85TOGO was also ready and wanted about 20 cars to participate.

Last night we Duners Pizza in Laveen. Good turnout there, go so high speeds in on the rural roads. Had a good time.

Hope this gets rescheduled when it is hotter in Phoenix so we can go into the high country and cool off.

Sorry about you driving out to Krispy Kreme and no one was there.

Phil... :devil

3,503 lbs of trouble

Yeah, I failed to check my e-mail saturday a.m. and drove down to the bottom of slat river canyon hoping to meet you all. It was HOT, but still fun, I brought along a couple of new "vette" friends(yellow '80 and a black '05), so we had fun driving the canyon! Let me know when you reschedual so we can join in.

Show Low Chiro

Dave

Let me say that I am EXTREMELY SORRY that this even got canceled with such late notice. I appologize and take full responsibility for this one.

We will probably look to after Labor Day, but before mid October to do this cruise.

Sorry for all those that made the trip for nothing. Only thing I can offer is that any time spent in a Corvette is time well spent.

yeah, the turnout was pretty cool at duners!

thanks go them for hosting a GREAT gathering! :drinkers

i helped in making the deciding vote on this one, as bryan came to me and asked how disappointed i would be if we cancelled - my response - heck, if only 4 of us are going, what kind of cruise would that be anyway?

i'll admit it, i'm a bit of an attention whore - and the attention you get in a line of 10+ corvettes is beyond compare!

and trust me, i was ready, i have been vetteless for almost 3 years (well at least been without a vette that ran!)

i myself just drove around town leisurely for about 3 hours saturday night! not a bad cruise if i say so myself!

started from home, wound up stoppnig by work to pick up a couple personal items, then back home THE LONG WAY (for those that know the valley) 19th ave and deer valley to deer valley and cave creek, then east on pinnacle peak to scottsdale then south on scottsdale from pinnacle peak all the way to baseline, east to val vista, south again to ray!

it was cool out, almost a full moon, and i was at least 5MPH under the posted speed limit at all times - just enjoying my time in the vette!

Bryan's right, any time spent in a vette is a good time! :burnout: