May 21st - Cruise to Show Low - POSTPONED !

BSeery

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL END OF SEPTEMBER. We only had 3 cars interested and will hold this event later on. A date will be set this summer.

We will be cruising to Pinetop / Show Low Arizona for lunch at Johnny Angles. Those that went last year absolutely loved the drive so we are doing it again. We leave from the Arizona Mills and drive through Superior, Miami, Globe and then up the Salt River Canyon to Show Low. Lunch in Pine top at a 50's themed diner called Johnny Angles and then a cruise back home. Last year the return route went through Heber, over to Payson and back through Fountain Hills. Maybe supper could be at the Split Window Diner ????

RSVP and post here if you have any questions.

We will meet at Krispy Kreme at the Arizona Mills Mall at 8:00 a.m. and leave by 8:30.

Last year we had a great time and the cruise from Gold Canyon all the way through Globe and the Salt River Canyon and back home through Heber and Payson the road was very scenic and full of twisty sections for some fun.

Hope to see a big crowd like we did in 2004.

Since I am continuing on to Bowling Green Kentucky from Johnny Angles, can someone give Tracy a ride back home? She loves riding in the C5's.

Anyone got a side seat open for the ride back home?

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im a go for this. Not sure if we will be driving both the C5's or not, but I would not mind offering a seat to Tracy, if I am a lone pilot that day.

She doesn't scare easily does she? lol. ;)

Me

Im a go for this. Not sure if we will be driving both the C5's or not, but I would not mind offering a seat to Tracy, if I am a lone pilot that day.

She doesn't scare easily does she? lol. ;)

Me

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chadman

Just curious how many are planning to run to ShowLow this weekend?? I'm thinking about making the run to help break in my new motor. I'm new here so haven't met any of you yet, looking forward to getting acquainted. :rolleyes:

Well, I am for sure. I think we will have 8-10 cars total. I haven't heard to many firm commitments.

Welcome to the group chadman. :howdy:

Plan on seeing me there. Had fun last year up until Miami. Then I had to return home.

Phil... :devil

Had fun last year up until Miami. Then I had to return home.

It was easier to talk the wife into a new Vette than fostering the cause of the :U

3,503 lbs of trouble

Damn Deja Vu. I feel like I've answered this question before...

I wish I could go this year, but I told the Arizona DeLorean Club I'd participate in a Tucson tech session that we chose to hold down their so the Tucson members would see that we are not just a "Phoenix" club. Even if my presence was not required in Tucson, my Corvette has a bad water pump, so it's not going anywhere. My DeLorean needs a new cooling system before it can leave on any long journeys, and my T-bird has landed itself at Earnhardt's with an undetermined issue that's sure to empty my wallet. So Show Low is a no go for me. I was even invited on a cruise up to Jerome with the Pantera club that day. Too bad I don't have one of those too.

It's a nice cruise up there. You should go.

:dupe:

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=368

Desertdawg

Hi Chadman, :howdy: Welcome to the ACE...

Sorry I won't get to make this trip. The extra 100 miles to and from Phoenix just add up to a really long day for me. (and the wife has to many honey-do's to list here)... :huh:

Hope to meet you at a future meet though... :thumbs:

Only 3 or 4 of us going. Granted the are the best 3 or 4 :D

Desertdawg

I'm not going for two reasons,

1 is the additional 100 miles each way on top of the normal cruise.

2 is the honey-do list... :banghead

Only 3 or 4 of us going.  Granted the are the best 3 or 4  :D

3,503 lbs of trouble
Only 3 or 4 of us going.  Granted the are the best 3 or 4  :D

Looks like the following:

Keith, Phil, Tanya, Chris and Bryan. We will be meeting another Vette at the Salt River Canyon as well, a new member from Show Low. Chad Payne in his C3 might be there too.

We will see how many that are at pizza Friday night want to go.

What was wrong with the Vette? This would be the best cruise to take the C3 on since we won't see speeds above 70 MPH and some of it is around 30 - 40 mph.

I didn't forget what my diagnosis was. But I did not know for sure what you had fixed and if that did indeed take care of the problem.

The modulator on the transmission controls upshifts. If it leaks you can end up with bad shift timing. If it's real bad the engine will suck transmission fluid up through the vacuum line and burn it in the engine and make the exhaust smoke just a bit.

So, the noise and the leaks went away when (whoever did he work) changed the water pump and lower hose. I bet it doesn't get as hot on the interstate anymore.

What's the word on the t-bird ?

If I can swing the gas money I'll go, but that's "iffy" at the moment.

3,503 lbs of trouble

(7500)

I didn't forget what my diagnosis was.  But I did not know for sure what you had fixed and if that did indeed take care of the problem.

3,503 lbs of trouble

If I can swing the gas money I'll go, but that's "iffy" at the moment.

I'll buy you lunch, will that help?