Question for the Paint Pros

ChadC

I am thinking about paint some of my wheels.

Is it goor or bad to have chrome painted?

do you have ot strip off the chrome?

Can it be powdered coated?

I wanting to have the lip of the wheel left chrome and the spokes and barrel panted. Is that possible?

thank you

cheers

chad

I think that powdercoating is the way to go for that. Don't know where or how much but would look better and hold up longer. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Not sure about over chrome. You could call a auto body paint supply, see if they have a special primer.

Power is the way to go. The draw back is chrome has to be scuffed up in order for the power to stick. Otherwise it will peal off in time. Check out http://forum.eastwoodco.com/ and click on power coat and do a search for power over chrome. Some really good info. there.

DOn

I had all my power coating done at the following, they did an awesome job including recoating my air box back to original look. :thumbs Their prices are reasonable, give them a call and ask questions.

Vyne Powder Coater

Mark - Owner

2452 W. Birchwood Ste. 113

Mesa, AZ 85202

T: 480-894-8986

F: 480-894-8972

Thats funny (small world) as thats our old shop before we moved to Tempe in 1993. That powder-coater is on Broadway & Price............Joe

Joe, if your talking about Vyne Powder Coating, they are off of Broadway and the 101, not Price. I guess you forget where you were after a long time...Doh! j/k :leaving Mark the owner is a nice guy and they did do a nice job on all my parts. There's another guy off of Main, just south of the Landmark resturant about a block that I also had a couple small things done and he did a great job as well and his prices were less. I'd have to find the name and address if interested though. Also there is another coater off of Greenfield and the 202 two buildings over from Southest Polishing, I think its called Extreme Powder Coating, but not sure on the name. I've been in there, but have had nothing done by them.

My bad...I thought it was on the other side of 101, oh well I guess I had a :cone moment. :D