C3 T-Tops question

Ted Y

My buddy has a 70 Coupe. He bought it 80% built and we are working on getting it together and running.

His T-Tops were completely disassembled. My question is:

Does the weatherstripping on the t-tops have any screws holding holding it in place or does it just hang on by glue? Thanks.

Ted

Ted, not sure on those earlier years, but on 78-82 they have screws all around the weather stripping on the tops.

Ted, not sure on those earlier years, but on 78-82 they have screws all around the weather stripping on the tops.

If possible, can you post a picture? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
My buddy has a 70 Coupe. He bought it 80% built and we are working on getting it together and running.

His T-Tops were completely disassembled. My question is:

Does the weatherstripping on the t-tops have any screws holding holding it in place or does it just hang on by glue? Thanks.

Ted

On my '81 there are many plastic push-in retainers that hold the weather stripping to the T-Top...plus glue. I do not remember there being many screws....if any. But it has been 7 years since I did those Tops.

Dean

Actually it does. We both seem to think there were screws that held at least part of the weatherstripping on. When he bought the car, the t-tops were completely disassembled. The pics and instructions clearly say nothing about screws in the rubber. I think we'll just glue the bastards on and go with it.

Thanks

Actually it does. We both seem to think there were screws that held at least part of the weatherstripping on. When he bought the car, the t-tops were completely disassembled. The pics and instructions clearly say nothing about screws in the rubber. I think we'll just glue the bastards on and go with it.

Thanks

Andrew can weld the t-tops on for you :lol:lol